Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

https://twitter.com/katereadsbks/status/908375519225188352

Those people who are definitely not me sure had bad intentions!

*2 chapters later*

My time on the board of Wal-Mart presented some unique challenges that I don't think anyone could be prepared for...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/katereadsbks/status/908378478264725504

this is a like a Family Feud question with "change hearts and _____" and Steve Harvey's looking for "minds" but Hillary Clinton says "give me 'laws'"

https://twitter.com/katereadsbks/status/908381328445366272

You'd think the policy wonk would at least offer one citation that considers how many of these activists act like that compared to the average person

Maybe if she had, she'd have realized that maybe it's the people weighing whether to miss work to vote that are more likely to stay home than this despised contingent of activists who probably make up a small minority of activists

I tried looking up my own citations to offer, but all I got on the first page of Google were studies breaking down ideas that are only tangentially related, like political extremes have more activists and vote more often.

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

to be truly relevant each one of those epigraphs should have been a dril tweet

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

This is how you open a negotiation. Start with your ideal, then you have room to go to a compromise bill with "hummina hummina" instead.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

People who say the Democrats and Republicans are basically the same party are crazy.

Anyway, I believe that government works best when you're between the center right and the center left

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i'd take hillary into a labyrinth with me because she won't get lost

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

somehow i find bribes understandable to some degree, but i see these peopole who shift votes for like 10 grand and im lkike, dude, at least do yourself a favor lol
officials in congress are basically professional beggars

house representatives spend the majority of their working hours hitting up wealthy donors for cash

the real payout to government officials is likely cozy private sector gigs after getting out of office and not the relatively trite campaign donations

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

anime was right posted:

i'd take hillary into a labyrinth with me because she won't get lost

Also the reason she can't drive NASCAR, she'd veer right and burst into flames

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
did the icp ever do a rap about hillary

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

they did this super dark and edgy song about hillary's murders but from hillary's perspective

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

deadgoon posted:

hokus potus

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Gen X ignore politics out of cynical apathy, not complacent certainty, you dick!

is gen Y cynical certainty

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

wait so which one is real change :confused:

I don't expect politicians do a lot of volunteering, because obviously the ones that aren't corrupt would be there because that's where they think they can make the biggest change (first quote). However, the contradiction between these quotes suggests that some sections of her rhetoric are completely empty. If it isn't, it leaves me wondering why she doesn't go out and do volunteerism for a few months straight where the "real change" is herself right now like Jimmy Carter has done.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 05:02 on Sep 15, 2017

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Clinton spent a lot of time around the house. She read Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan novels of friendship, becoming, and abandonment. She returned to the work of Henri Nouwen, a Dutch-born priest and theologian who wrote about his struggles with depression, spirituality, and loneliness. She consumed mystery novels: Louise Penny, Donna Leon, Charles Todd. She went to her granddaughter’s dance recital. She watched old episodes of “The Good Wife” and “Madam Secretary,” even if that seemed a little on the nose. She teared up watching Kate McKinnon on “Saturday Night Live” singing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah.” (“I did my best, it wasn’t much . . .”) She went through scores of articles about Russian meddling, offshore “content farms,” Trump-family misadventures. “At times,” she writes, “I felt like C.I.A. agent Carrie Mathison on the TV show Homeland, desperately trying to get her arms around a sinister conspiracy and appearing more than a little frantic in the process.” She also spent time thinking about what she might do in the future, “so that the rest of my life wouldn’t be spent like Miss Havisham from Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations, rattling around my house obsessing over what might have been.” She has yet to settle on anything concrete, save for the conviction that she will never run for office again.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Vox Nihili posted:

Clinton spent a lot of time around the house. She read Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan novels of friendship, becoming, and abandonment. She returned to the work of Henri Nouwen, a Dutch-born priest and theologian who wrote about his struggles with depression, spirituality, and loneliness. She consumed mystery novels: Louise Penny, Donna Leon, Charles Todd. She went to her granddaughter’s dance recital. She watched old episodes of “The Good Wife” and “Madam Secretary,” even if that seemed a little on the nose. She teared up watching Kate McKinnon on “Saturday Night Live” singing Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah.” (“I did my best, it wasn’t much . . .”) She went through scores of articles about Russian meddling, offshore “content farms,” Trump-family misadventures. “At times,” she writes, “I felt like C.I.A. agent Carrie Mathison on the TV show Homeland, desperately trying to get her arms around a sinister conspiracy and appearing more than a little frantic in the process.” She also spent time thinking about what she might do in the future, “so that the rest of my life wouldn’t be spent like Miss Havisham from Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations, rattling around my house obsessing over what might have been.” She has yet to settle on anything concrete, save for the conviction that she will never run for office again.

didnt read

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bump_fn posted:

didnt read

"Seems like you've been doing a lot of yoga?" CNN's Anderson Cooper asked during an interview organized as part of Clinton's What Happened book tour.

"Yes, I have," Clinton responded. "And alternate nostril breathing."

Cooper then asked Clinton to show him what the coping mechanism entailed.

"I would highly recommend it," Clinton started. "You are supposed to shut your eyes -- I don't want to shut my eyes on national television -- but you do hold [your nostril] and breathe through one, and you hold it and then you exhale to the other and you keep going."

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

She's just as isolated as Trump is by relying on traditional media

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vox Nihili posted:

hi im in a hurry so i just read the first word so i didnt read the rest and i just wanted to understand what you meant by

"Clinton"

is she bad or good or what, spit it out

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary should watch House of Cards and see how long it takes for her to realize that the characters are based on her and her godawful husband.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

hi im in a hurry so i just read the first word so i didnt read the rest and i just wanted to understand what you meant by

"Clinton"

she's good at being bad HTH

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

etalian posted:

I would like to apologize for tricking Hillary into not campaigning in Wisconsin and spending campaign resources on deep red states like California.

i would like hilary to apologize for being on the ballot in washington and taking away votes that shouldve rightfully gone to gloria la riva

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

public clap healthcare clap should clap be clap a clap government clap service clap for clap everyone clap because clap its clap actually clap cheaper clap

berniecare gonna give me the clap? no thanks!

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i also identify with the bipolar drone queen

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Vox Nihili posted:

Hillary should watch some Marx Brothers so she can figure out how she completely walked into being the Margaret Dumont to Trump's Groucho.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

hi blah blah blah blah

blah

blah

hi

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

:lol: whenever anyone tells me SNL is good these days I just remember that dogshit opener with Kate McKinnon.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdhDVXU9vrc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if you had told me a year ago that one of the presidential candidates would be cutting backroom deals with the other party's congressional leadership on immigration and the other one would be bilking their true believers in the biggest cash grab of their long career of cash grabs i would have believed you

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

"Clinton"

just reading the texts of an obscure Dutch theologian, like a normal person

not a cool, classical theologian either but a 20th Century one

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

man, that's more pathetic than late-era nixon getting drunk and talking to portraits of former presidents

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Willa Rogers posted:

man, that's more pathetic than late-era nixon getting drunk and talking to portraits of former presidents

Clinton is in every way a less amusing Nixon.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

ah the new hampshire primary

the final day of real, unadulterated hope

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

just reading the texts of an obscure Dutch theologian, like a normal person

not a cool, classical theologian either but a 20th Century one

that's the first time I've heard McCaine described like that

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weeping Wound posted:

that's the first time I've heard McCaine described like that

McCaine is a decisively 21st Century Boy

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

if you had told me a year ago that one of the presidential candidates would be cutting backroom deals with the other party's congressional leadership on immigration and the other one would be bilking their true believers in the biggest cash grab of their long career of cash grabs i would have believed you

:vince:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

lol this is so loving gross

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shear Modulus posted:

if i stare deep enuff in2 the suck zone chiseled in2 the very qabla at the heart of it is the message "maybe hillary threw the election on purpose"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

its really incredibly how its all entirely self centered. there is no expression of concern for the fact that she doomed this country and the world to the leadership by the Dumbest Retard Who Ever Lived, that millions of people will suffer because of her incompetence and selfishness. its just about how bad it made her feel, and how sorry we should be for not being With Her enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Al! posted:

they did this super dark and edgy song about hillary's murders but from hillary's perspective

lord how I wish this were true

• Locked thread