Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mr Interweb posted:

Is that the Shaun? :monocle:

No that is evil Shaun, nazi-skull re-reclaimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

So is he super skilled at something else or does he believe that under Full Futurismo he will still be allowed to live because he talks over movies?
The latter just like the actual Futurists who all got killed by Mussolini. As for the person asking for proof, it takes a bit he doesn't do it all the time, but I can give you an unprompted update the next time he says something about how people deserve to be poor and without healthcare.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

JUICY HAMBUGAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am-wMjclso0

Just up and man, where do these people come from?

I mean for all the massive hardons for "western culture" that right wing types profess they seriously have no clue when it comes to arguing rationally in the western philosophical style.

Holy gently caress, I honestly did not think I'd come across someone who argued even worse than No Bullshit, but man, this guy deserves a goddamned medal.

"Why do we have to argue using specific examples when I prefer to use vague generalities and meaningless statements?"
"That Trump quote about Mexicans and rapists is obscure and no one's ever heard of it besides an SJW like you"
"Trump is compassionate to illegal immigrants because he sees they're being exploited by American businesses and wants to save them by deporting them back to a country they don't want to go back to."

:psyboom:

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
That was absolutely terrible, I remember Dick being a slimy smartass discussing with Maddox on their podcast. It was nothing like that in this "debate", he came all indignant from the start for vague reasons, I have no idea why he even bothered if he didn't feel like discussing anything and just showed up to act like a huge baby.

I'm sure there is a good point there about how it's disingenuous to argue with "I'm on the rational side" because it presupposes that the other side is irrational (insane?) but Dick was so far from making it. Dude is just too invested on being a Trump cheerleader.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Symbolic Butt posted:

I just started listening to this and it's kind of hilarious that Destiny took the "I'm the rational one here, you're all about feelings" because that's such a classic right-wing way of arguing.

it's true tho. it's why it's so funny it's ben shapiro's catchphrase.

Mr Interweb posted:

"That Trump quote about Mexicans and rapists is obscure and no one's ever heard of it besides an SJW like you"

my brother didn't know the nazis in charlottesville were toting rifles and had caches of weapons until my dad told him and had to literally show him pictures. these people live in an unbelievable bubble.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Sep 15, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Guavanaut posted:

So is he super skilled at something else or does he believe that under Full Futurismo he will still be allowed to live because he talks over movies?

Because he believes himself to be a super intellectual/superiority complex.

Terrible Opinions posted:

The latter just like the actual Futurists who all got killed by Mussolini. As for the person asking for proof, it takes a bit he doesn't do it all the time, but I can give you an unprompted update the next time he says something about how people deserve to be poor and without healthcare.

This.

Solitair posted:

Just read the last seven days of his twitter feed, and the only position that strikes me as different from ours is defending Hillary Clinton. Nothing about culling stupid people. :shrug:

:same:
He got fired from the escapist and another place being a giant douche over stuff and he took work under and still defends deven "sexual molester while being a hypocrite" farci.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Moviebob's morals are more or less identical to any given techbro, except he doesn't like explicit sexism or racism. So slightly better than a normal techbro. He still thinks everyone who is poor deserves to die, everyone who lacks education deserves to die (ignoring this is usually tied to race), everyone whose job becomes obselete deserves to die. He is the exact sort of Futurist that helped fascists come to power in Italy.

I mean he likes Elon Musk.

I'm pretty sure this never happened.

I can, imagine what he probably said on twitter that caused you to jump to that conclusion, but I'm pretty sure that conclusion is ultimately false.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Because he believes himself to be a super intellectual/superiority complex.

This.

He got fired from the escapist and another place being a giant douche over stuff and he took work under and still defends deven "sexual molester while being a hypocrite" farci.

Didn't he leave the escapist because of their editor supporting Gamergate?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nope it was Jim Sterling who quick when it was obvious their boss was super sexist. Bob stayed past that.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'm pretty sure this never happened.

I can, imagine what he probably said on twitter that caused you to jump to that conclusion, but I'm pretty sure that conclusion is ultimately false.

Didn't he leave the escapist because of their editor supporting Gamergate?

Are you Moviebob?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

more like movieblob #bodyshaming

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Archer666 posted:

Are you Moviebob?

I just don't think slandering people who only share 90% of their views with you instead of 95% is anything other than obnoxious and I don't think it's an unreasonable bar to clear that criticisms of a personality be grounded in factual basis.

e: The only things I can find at all in the vein suggested by Terrible Opinions is stuff posted on noted Gamergater subreddits. RationalWiki and /r/GamerGhazi seem to imply movieBob was fired for progressive views. So, between unsourced assertions versus RationalWiki I'm going to go with RW here and assume that Terrible Opinions is basically just regurgitating gator talking points.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 15, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Don't know if this has been posted yet: Youtuber goes to Berkely protest dressed as old timey peanut vendor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQrOBoeV6p4

Not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty funny. Lighting his tiny plastic american flags up was the highlight of the video.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He could have quit, I don't know. Neither him nor the Escapist is talking about it, but it's obvious that he valued the pay check more than he hated his boss for at least four months after Escapist man started publicly ranting about the SJW conspiracy.

I do not have the stamina to go through a twitter feed for anyone, and any sort of gamergate drivel you sifted through isn't going to be helpful either. A gator is gonna laugh at bob for being fat and saying racism is bad, not you know when he says that universal healthcare is a fairytale, or that those who stand in the way of "progress" deserve to be poor. I mean that's something your average gator agrees with.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

He could have quit, I don't know. Neither him nor the Escapist is talking about it, but it's obvious that he valued the pay check more than he hated his boss for at least four months after Escapist man started publicly ranting about the SJW conspiracy.

You don't know, so why are you assuming the worst? I can think of plenty of circumstances where quitting your job is difficult no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat your boss is.

quote:

I do not have the stamina to go through a twitter feed for anyone, and any sort of gamergate drivel you sifted through isn't going to be helpful either. A gator is gonna laugh at bob for being fat and saying racism is bad, not you know when he says that universal healthcare is a fairytale, or that those who stand in the way of "progress" deserve to be poor. I mean that's something your average gator agrees with.

I understand the desire to exaggerate and make things up because it makes you feel good but it isn't a huge effort to do some research to back up your claims, or to mea culpa and reframe from continuing to spread misinformation in lieu of that evidence.

Also "People are voting against their own economic interests are being dumb" isn't an uncommon opinion for this forum.

You don't like 'techbros' whatever that means, fine, we get it, but there isn't really a need to go all out, just call out the specific bad opinions.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: The only things I can find at all in the vein suggested by Terrible Opinions is stuff posted on noted Gamergater subreddits. RationalWiki and /r/GamerGhazi seem to imply movieBob was fired for progressive views. So, between unsourced assertions versus RationalWiki I'm going to go with RW here and assume that Terrible Opinions is basically just regurgitating gator talking points.

This is like case 1,001 of people on the left internalizing right-wing criticism of a media personality and running with it. It's almost like propaganda is just political advertising, and people pick up and internalize it when exposed regardless of political affiliation. And of course the forum's big split where more left people are now hunting mainstream Democrats for sport, and Moviebob is effectively a lanyard or whatever the latest insult is for being a liberal is.

It also doesn't help that the first guy bringing this up seems to have an issue with people criticizing the latest murder sim being pumped out of the games industry. I'm not for banning violent media, but acting like criticism shouldn't be accepted is beyond the pale.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

rkajdi posted:

This is like case 1,001 of people on the left internalizing right-wing criticism of a media personality and running with it. It's almost like propaganda is just political advertising, and people pick up and internalize it when exposed regardless of political affiliation. And of course the forum's big split where more left people are now hunting mainstream Democrats for sport, and Moviebob is effectively a lanyard or whatever the latest insult is for being a liberal is.

It also doesn't help that the first guy bringing this up seems to have an issue with people criticizing the latest murder sim being pumped out of the games industry. I'm not for banning violent media, but acting like criticism shouldn't be accepted is beyond the pale.

i dont like radicalbytes because he has a weird zealot streak about violence and masculinity(he makes great/good points about toxic masculinity, but he often paints with a very broad brush, basically anything not steven universe is toxic) and is a passive aggressive prick with weird humorless puritan vibes. if he were a better critic about violence in media, i might agree with him. but most of it is him jerking off to loving grossman and old poo poo or getting mad because people liked doom or wolfenstein series because he thinks people cant separate messages/thinking/bias or reality with out being explicitly told. its honestly sad if he didnt have those hang ups. his video on big bang theory and that other trope video are pretty good, if a little broad. he would be pretty good because he actually has relatively good politics and is pretty consistent. plus i'll give him that he is genuinely sincere about his politics and criticism even if i dont agree with them, i can respect/admit that which is more then i can say about folks like bob.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 15, 2017

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Nope it was Jim Sterling who quick when it was obvious their boss was super sexist. Bob stayed past that.

I'm pretty sure Jim Sterling left because the Escapist began trying to assert editorial control in favor of their advertisers. The sexism thing may have been a factor, but IIRC it was his views on independent journalism that JS cited as the motivation to seek greener pastures.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont like radicalbytes because he has a weird zealot streak about violence and masculinity(he makes great/good points about toxic masculinity, but he often paints with a very broad brush, basically anything not steven universe is toxic) and is a passive aggressive prick with weird humorless puritan vibes. if he were a better critic about violence in media, i might agree with him. but most of it is him jerking off to loving grossman and old poo poo or getting mad because people liked doom or wolfenstein series because he thinks people cant separate messages/thinking/bias or reality with out being explicitly told. its honestly sad if he didnt have those hang ups. his video on big bang theory and that other trope video are pretty good, if a little broad. he would be pretty good because he actually has relatively good politics and is pretty consistent. plus i'll give him that he is genuinely sincere about his politics and criticism even if i dont agree with them, i can respect/admit that which is more then i can say about folks like bob.

He has a weird streak about violence and the shittiness of masculinity because those are real problems in our culture. Sorry you get angry that people criticize any of the replaceable first/third person hyperviolent games coming out of the industry, but it's a real discussion worth having. And I think the hyperviolent BS we watch and are immersed in does have an effect on us, just not the one initially feared. It certainly makes us more accepting of violence happening around us, especially when it's recorded and viewed often on the same screen we're watching simulated violence on. I can't help but think that the increase in simulated violence has made the videos of say police brutalizing black people or men hitting women less revolting and thus more acceptable. I think this is a secondary reason behind the racism and sexism that directs the violence towards minorities, but it does make the problem worse. And masculinity as we construct it is also part of issue, since it is so interconnected at a basic level with violence.

I get that you don't like this conversation for the same reason gators don't like the conversation about the rampant sexism in games. It's very likely that the end point of it is that games get less violent, or at least less violent games get made. I think this will take longer than the reduction in misogynistic games, but the expansion of gaming into the casual will continue to bleed the AAA hardcore budgets and make those games less popular. But this move sort of has to happen to move society forward, just like dumping things like minstrel shows was required to even get our race relations to the sorry state they currently are in.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

rkajdi posted:

He has a weird streak about violence and the shittiness of masculinity because those are real problems in our culture. Sorry you get angry that people criticize any of the replaceable first/third person hyperviolent games coming out of the industry, but it's a real discussion worth having. And I think the hyperviolent BS we watch and are immersed in does have an effect on us, just not the one initially feared. It certainly makes us more accepting of violence happening around us, especially when it's recorded and viewed often on the same screen we're watching simulated violence on. I can't help but think that the increase in simulated violence has made the videos of say police brutalizing black people or men hitting women less revolting and thus more acceptable. I think this is a secondary reason behind the racism and sexism that directs the violence towards minorities, but it does make the problem worse. And masculinity as we construct it is also part of issue, since it is so interconnected at a basic level with violence.

I get that you don't like this conversation for the same reason gators don't like the conversation about the rampant sexism in games. It's very likely that the end point of it is that games get less violent, or at least less violent games get made. I think this will take longer than the reduction in misogynistic games, but the expansion of gaming into the casual will continue to bleed the AAA hardcore budgets and make those games less popular. But this move sort of has to happen to move society forward, just like dumping things like minstrel shows was required to even get our race relations to the sorry state they currently are in.

really? I have played/watched all kinds of violent stuff as have others in this forum and have been horrified by real life violence and pigs murdering black kids/people. and making games less violent won't solve anything. sure their be more kinds of games, gently caress yeah and we should fight for ridding game/gaming communtity of sexism and racism/homophobia. but i doubt the magical non violent utopia will ever happen. all the anti violence crusaders failed and will always fail, least in america.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

rkajdi posted:

. I can't help but think that the increase in simulated violence has made the videos of say police brutalizing black people or men hitting women less revolting and thus more acceptable.

You can think it all you want, but there's no proof of a causal relationship, and more proof that people with violent natures simply seek out media that caters to that.

If you're going to post stupid poo poo we'd see on youtube, at least make it a video on youtube.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

You can think it all you want, but there's no proof of a causal relationship, and more proof that people with violent natures simply seek out media that caters to that.

If you're going to post stupid poo poo we'd see on youtube, at least make it a video on youtube.

plus cops and bigots have been doing that poo poo for as long as america has been around :( . its just because of the internet that its seen more and people actually report it. blaming violent movies and video games is a lovely out for systemic racism and police militancy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the problem with violence in the media is that they'll show something like an explosion but not the aftermath. it's easy to think of it in the abstract when you don't see the actual consequences. i think we'd have less of a stomach for war/guns/etc if we saw what it actually looked like. the antichoice crowd is even savvy enough to exploit this!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

the problem with violence in the media is that they'll show something like an explosion but not the aftermath. i think we'd have less of a stomach for war/guns/etc if we saw what it actually looked like.

definitely. its why i honestly think gory violence is less harmful then "Teflon" violence( bloodless violence, like teen/pg13 stuff) because at least gore shows what actually sorta happens sorta.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't know man when i finished Resident Evil 7 I watched the Philando Castile video and I felt nothing, in fact i tried to pick up a controller because I thought it was a video game aka murder simulator then I fell to my knees in horror at the nightmarish parody of humanity i had become my god what have i become

There are plenty of arguments to be had regarding violence in culture, but to argue that it makes us more willing to accept police violence is patently absurd considering the sheer uproar those cases bring forth. To imply that we've become LESS sensitive to it and more willing to ignore it with the increase in violent media is insane.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 15, 2017

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

OldTennisCourt posted:

Don't know if this has been posted yet: Youtuber goes to Berkely protest dressed as old timey peanut vendor:

Not gonna lie, I thought it was pretty funny. Lighting his tiny plastic american flags up was the highlight of the video.

God Americans are lame as gently caress

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm not clicking it: is this that oval office with the white meme suit who got gassed in Charlottesville?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

business hammocks posted:

I'm not clicking it: is this that oval office with the white meme suit who got gassed in Charlottesville?

no

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

No, last thing he did was go to a protest and try to give Pepsi to people in order to 'bring them together' like that lovely commercial.

I am curious though, are you thinking of Baked Alaska? I'd like to see that video if possible, it sounds hilarious.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

No, last thing he did was go to a protest and try to give Pepsi to people in order to 'bring them together' like that lovely commercial.

I am curious though, are you thinking of Baked Alaska? I'd like to see that video if possible, it sounds hilarious.

This chud

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm not suggesting the violent media causes the violence, because I think that isn't a supported thing. I am arguing that media depictions of anything that you watch can produce sympathy for that thing, or normalize you to that thing. I know this position isn't controversial, since one of the factors in gaining mainstream acceptance of minorities has been them appearing in sympathetic ways in media. There's a reason that Nichelle Nichols got a call from MLK when she was thinking about quitting Star Trek. There's a reason why actually positive media depictions of gay characters in media came hand in hand with a more tolerant view from mainstream society towards them. I'm not arguing that violence in media is special, but rather that it is not. As in, violence is something that when exposed to sympathetically in media is normalized, just like race, social more, or anything.

Also note that the end result of desensitization to violence is not that people become violent themselves, but that violence around them becomes normalized and more acceptable to them. We see that with LGBT depictions in the media-- it didn't make a bunch of people gay, it made a bunch of straight people see that LGBT people weren't cock-hungry list monsters or predators, but just relate-able humans who liked a different kind of sex. Again, why do you think violence is somehow different from literally everything else

And again, it's not blaming violent media for the police violence, or at least not through several levels of indirection. You'd all agree that one of the few ways we have to stop police violence against minorities in the current world is to actually punish the police who do the action, correct? And the only way to do that in civilized society is through the legal system, which requires juries and judges to see this violence as extraordinary and wrong so that it can be punished. Normalization of the kinds of violence that are done by the police through the media helps tip people towards finding it acceptable and not voting to convict. I'm not saying that racism isn't the primary issue, but sympathetic normalization of that kind of violence is another shovel of dirt on the mound.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

definitely. its why i honestly think gory violence is less harmful then "Teflon" violence( bloodless violence, like teen/pg13 stuff) because at least gore shows what actually sorta happens sorta.

I'd agree with this to an extent. It doesn't need to be hyper-graphic, though again desensitization plays a part. Remember that the actual violence between black people and the police is kept away from the eyes of most whites. We see it on the news and online in videos after the fact. So it's already rather removed from the actual violence by a huge amount, and is honestly pretty comparable to the more graphic depictions we see in media.

It's also rather telling that the nerd community gets up in arms whenever people want to discuss the subject of violence in media, even when state censorship is specifically off the table. I get that people are still traumatized from the evil Tipper and Hillary trying to steal your precious vidja games in the 90s, but acting like it shouldn't be discussed and criticism shouldn't happen just makes you as reactionary as the gators.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

OldTennisCourt posted:

There are plenty of arguments to be had regarding violence in culture, but to argue that it makes us more willing to accept police violence is patently absurd considering the sheer uproar those cases bring forth. To imply that we've become LESS sensitive to it and more willing to ignore it with the increase in violent media is insane.

Assuming we're talking protrayals of this kinds of violence that portray the violence positively, why would you not think that? That's literally how propaganda works. You have something placed on the screen in front of you and the action is portrayed in a positive light. And plenty of media violence is entirely positive in its portrayal of "police who break the rules to catch the bad guy". Just directly this is basically 90% of all cop-oriented stuff, and in games the amount of sympathetic violence against dehumanized but still distinctly human/"bad guy" human opponents is drat near every AAA game on the market.

I'm also not saying I don't play games, though I do avoid most of the AAA genre, since that's not the playstyle I enjoy. I also like movies, including a lot of hyper violent ones like pretty much anything by Tarantino. But you can be critical of the media you consume and love, and you shouldn't shy away from turning the lens on your own interests. That's how nerd media has been improving over the last few years, and this blind spot where you get attacks for even bringing it up gets rather annoying.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's always bothered me that the villain is just killed at the end of most movies. it's so empty.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

rkajdi posted:

Over the past 30 years or so we've seen a huge rise in violent video games correspond with a precipitous drop in actual violent crime.

The idea that violent imagery leads to real-life violence is pretty much disproven at this point.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Over the past 30 years or so we've seen a huge rise in violent video games correspond with a precipitous drop in actual violent crime.

The idea that violent imagery leads to real-life violence is pretty much disproven at this point.

this. my biggest issue with radicalbytes isnt he critiques violence(which is good, if you make good arguments and arnt a self ritious rear end in a top hat who retweets every postive thing about himself like this dip), its more that he does it terrible and overly antagonistically, he is terrible critics and often shows his evangelical roots.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/329432068780081153

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/329372912203206656

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/610298878089244672

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/610269528195371010

this doesnt come off a good criticism to me constructive or otherwise. it sounds like self righteous finger waging about something he doesnt like so no one else should. gently caress that. i'll take lindsey ellis because she is extremely critical of stuff, even stuff i like but she is smart and well spoken and funny.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 16, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Whorelord posted:

God Americans are lame as gently caress

I feel like this perfectly summarizes alt right discourse. He isn't there to honestly just sell peanuts, but to mock the beliefs of the people he is disparaging, and isn't interested in honest discourse about the merits of socialism vs capitalism; the fact that his peanuts are absurdly expensive is just icing on the cake.

e: I like some games that happen to be violent, and I feel that there are obvious artistic merits for violence in games; as gaming increases being mainstream and common to more demographics I do expect certain kinds of violence to perhaps become less common resulting in the industry putting more emphasis on other genres or being more innovative to tap that market; and this is fine for me.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 16, 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I feel like this perfectly summarizes alt right discourse. He isn't there to honestly just sell peanuts, but to mock the beliefs of the people he is disparaging, and isn't interested in honest discourse about the merits of socialism vs capitalism; the fact that his peanuts are absurdly expensive is just icing on the cake.

true. in my opinion alt rights sorta kinda dont have a ideology least a concrete one, i mean they believe in the awful bigoted poo poo but its also a bunch of con-men and dumb loving kids raised on 4chan trying to be edgy as gently caress to the status quo, which tends to thankfully lean somewhat left . if they thought socialism would "trigger" liberals/status quo, they would eventually start doing that. none of this is defending them. all they do is try to hurt/gently caress with people and thats really it.

edit on your edit. yeah pretty much. i think it will sort it self out eventually and its already happening, lots more retro games and good walking sim/experience games. i dont think everything should be DOOM, that would be boring and i personaly, welcome the change. i am just saying its not gonna happen because of dickheads like jon and others. its gonna happen because better devs make more interesting stuff. i mean loving wolfenstein new order had a geniunly good story and characters and a artfully done non-exploitative sex scene. anything can be art or grow and thats what jon and friends dont see.
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/552298299416645633

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/552299841356058625?lang=en

because he cant get past the main menu. he made some big long rant about the new wolfenstein coming out because it was problamtic to shoot nazis or some poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Come on man, we really don't need gendered insults.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who What Now posted:

I feel like it's appropriate to use on men. I'd never call a woman that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Who What Now posted:

It's still weird that that's a gendered insult outside of the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It's still weird that that's a gendered insult outside of the UK.

why is it ok in UK? genuinely curious.

• Locked thread