Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Too much text, not enough funny pictures. I hope the Mega Rule comes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I need that for my VW

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

I need that for my VW

Not as much as I need that for my Jeep.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

He had a message to deliver to Animal Man and no Toyota is going to stop him.

Unfortunately Animal Man doesn't understand scribbles

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kheldarn posted:

What is that?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
A sticker of a "check engine" light that pops up on your dashboard if something is fucky.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Doritos® brand corn chips.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Beachcomber posted:

What is that?

When you start your car, the car computer checks the engine for engine-y stuff like gas, spark, torques, etc.

If the engine successfully passes the check, the Engine Check light comes on.

I guess that truck owner is excessively proud of his working engine :shrug:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dumb. posted:

When you start your car, the car computer checks the engine for engine-y stuff like gas, spark, torques, etc.

If the engine successfully passes the check, the Engine Check light comes on.

I guess that truck owner is excessively proud of his working engine :shrug:

the check engine light comes on when there is a problem.

the joke is that the guy doesn't give a poo poo if the check engine light is on.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Roobanguy posted:

the check engine light comes on when there is a problem.

the joke is that the guy doesn't give a poo poo if the check engine light is on.

Idgi

Can you more detail

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
No it comes on after you fix a problem

Like an achievement

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Guys, come on. The engine finished eating and has been calling for his check for ages.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know who's being sincere so I hate all of you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Serious post: The sticker conveys a humorous tone. It's stating that even though his check engine light is one he is still going to drive with his back window tinted. Tinted windows cause an engine light to come on because it dims the "cabin sensors" which determine if there's enough light getting to the distributor cap. The distributor cap controls the timing belt, which is another tongue in cheek joke about "comedic timing."

Honestly it's just a nerdy sticker for people that know a lot about cars.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Beachcomber posted:

What is that?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
The check engine light should just be a middle finger with a tiny dollar sign in the middle. Unless that light is blinking, your car is running like poo poo or your temp gauge is pegged you can probably ignore it and "Let it shine".

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
Good thing the photographer scrubbed the license plate, otherwise I'd never be able to figure out how to contact the plumber.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Every car we've ever had has had that light on and we never cared. You can have that light for 5 years and the car will still work. Engines are whiny as gently caress.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The popup ads of the automotive industry.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Picnic Princess posted:

Every car we've ever had has had that light on and we never cared. You can have that light for 5 years and the car will still work. Engines are whiny as gently caress.

Well yeah. The problem is the check engine light covers too many sensors, everything from "Hey, you're engine is about to explode" to "The gas cap is slightly loose."

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

They are for the non-migratory ones. For my company, I'm authorized by the department of fish and game to "harass" Canada geese. I can chase them, yell at them, destroy their nests and break their eggs. I just have to report to them every year how many nests and eggs I destroy and where.

I don't actually do any of this, I'm just on the list of people who can.

So do you get an actual title with that ? Because "Geese Harasser" would go straight onto my resumé.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Bad Wolf posted:

So do you get an actual title with that ? Because "Geese Harasser" would go straight onto my resumé.

Goose booer

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Kheldarn posted:

same, but the oil one for me

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Picnic Princess posted:

Every check engine light I've ever had has been a faulty knock sensor, which as far as I can tell is a sensor that's put in the engine to become faulty and trigger the check engine light.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

The check engine light should just be a middle finger with a tiny dollar sign in the middle. Unless that light is blinking, your car is running like poo poo or your temp gauge is pegged you can probably ignore it and "Let it shine".

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bad Wolf posted:

That's all well and good, but you leave the boobies alone now y'hear?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/kasserolees/status/872549476329603072
https://twitter.com/MedievalReacts/status/585789028810776576
https://twitter.com/MedievalReacts/status/687306629839220736
https://twitter.com/MedievalReacts/status/659412485641011204
https://twitter.com/MedievalReacts/status/904749638183510016
https://twitter.com/OhEmmeG/status/871200698855305216

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs

Looks like duder already unlocked the depowered version of the final boss.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When my dad was teaching me to drive a check engine light came on and he told me to speed up to try and get rid of it.

https://twitter.com/TheNTNews/status/908620420512849920

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 11:53 on Sep 15, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Realtalk folks, if your check engine light is on and you're concerned about it, ask for advice in the AI Stupid Question Thread. We don't bite!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I want to visit the Evil Saloon for Men. Is a black hat mandatory?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

EmmyOk posted:

When my dad was teaching me to drive a check engine light came on and he told me to speed up to try and get rid of it.

17-year old kids at my school: 'we borrowed my dad's car for this long journey and the oil light came on. But it went off when we drive over 90, so we did the whole trip at 90+'

Daddy needed a new engine the following day.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Memento posted:

Realtalk folks, if your check engine light is on and you're concerned about it, ask for advice in the AI Stupid Question Thread. We don't bite!

This guy works for big engine.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Can't you just buy one of those cheap ODB connectors and clear that engine light?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Solice Kirsk posted:

Honestly it's just a nerdy sticker for people that know a lot about cars. have ever turned on a car in the lifetime

Gromit posted:

Can't you just buy one of those cheap ODB connectors and clear that engine light?

Yeah but it might be a good idea to use that same reader to see what error codes are present since it may not have illuminated for just no reason at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

Yeah but it might be a good idea to use that same reader to see what error codes are present since it may not have illuminated for just no reason at all.

Protip right here. Wish I'd known about those connectors before, I hate vital information about the car being right there and not having access to it.