Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

He's on Nessus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Nessus, check the map.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Nessus. He shows up on the map.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
And seriously, buy Merciless. It loving owns.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Buy merciless he'll never sell it again

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

That's really cheap, in D1 for the first year you needed to run multiple chars to have enough to buy everything every week...

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Buy merciless he'll never sell it again

Bet he will. No way will they put a game breaking weapon in week one again.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

hitchensgoespop posted:

Bet he will. No way will they put a game breaking weapon in week one again.
These two things are not the same, though - he might never sell it again regardless of its "game breaking"ness

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I already have merciless, thought it's not at 270 yet :saddowns:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Dang, I was hoping he'd sell engrams. I have 250 shards left over after buying everything but the hunter chest. :v:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

And seriously, buy Merciless. It loving owns.

Confirmed. Plus I have the custom ornament for it :dance:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Also, how dumb is it that all the armor he has is available from doing the story. like, come on bungie

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
THERE IS A DOOR IN THE WOODS, IT IS OPENING

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

QuasiQuack posted:

Also, how dumb is it that all the armor he has is available from doing the story. like, come on bungie

saves me from having to pick one of them when i run an alt, who gives a poo poo

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Akuma posted:

These two things are not the same, though - he might never sell it again regardless of its "game breaking"ness

My point is that he wont sell the golden goose egg in W1 just because he they did it in D1. If anything theyve toned down the exotics so we wont get another Thorn or pre nerf gally.

D1 was essentially a beta we all paid 100 bucks to live test for them and one thing they learnt was exotics in D1 were "too" much fun.

Any cool poo poo will come out like TOM or SS did.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

My warlock has now become perfection.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

it's weird that if you preview a shader from the inventory menu it changes the colour of an exotic weapon, but you can't actually do it. arctic pearl sweet business rules. Shame I can't get it.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

TaurusOxford posted:

My warlock has now become perfection.

Hi five girlock/fancy horned helm buddy. The helm looks amazing with a gold shader too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How do people feel about the grenade launchers? The only good one I've seen so far is the one that fires flashbang grenades. Otherwise I think I'd rather just have rockets.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Play Of The Game is one of my favorite weapons. Six in the chamber, decent blast radius and proximity detonation.

:potg:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Is this where I complain about already having a 270 Merciless and chest piece

Sell me an engram, Xur

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

How do people feel about the grenade launchers? The only good one I've seen so far is the one that fires flashbang grenades. Otherwise I think I'd rather just have rockets.

I find them infinitely frustrating and don't get how I'm supposed to use them at all

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

I love them, but I have used weapons like that and loved them for a long time in FPSes, so I might just be weird. There's one that's full auto and none of the grenades detonate until you let go of L2 that is pretty cool for very niche uses, but generally they are like rockets that are harder to aim, but have the advantage of being able to shoot over cover.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Went ahead and picked up Merciless, though I have Skyburner's Oath for the raid. I figure why not might be good for Nightfalls at least. 262 light now! I'll probably do the raid at 280 or close to it in a few weeks.

Lumpy posted:

I love them, but I have used weapons like that and loved them for a long time in FPSes, so I might just be weird. There's one that's full auto and none of the grenades detonate until you let go of L2 that is pretty cool for very niche uses, but generally they are like rockets that are harder to aim, but have the advantage of being able to shoot over cover.

What's the name of that one? I might like it. I loved grenade lanchers in BF3 but I can't seem to use them right in D2. Same with SMGs, though I do pretty nicely with sidearms.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Why is he not selling an engram? Or anything else?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

If and XBoneBros wanna do the Nightfall today, I'll be around. GT: Flexible Ethics.

Also, what exactly can you spend glimmer on? I'm maxed out,but the only place I know to spend it is the shipwright.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 15, 2017

How!
Oct 29, 2009

What a wet noodle face

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

10 Beers posted:

Also, what exactly can you spend glimmer on? I'm maxed out,but the only place I know to spend it is the shipwright.

Gunsmith mods.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Lmao. I knew his prices would be somewhat in line with D1. Glad I went hog wild with infusion instead of hoarding like 600 shards or some poo poo. He'll probably sell other stuff eventually though.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
They would never price them above what the average player could reasonably accrue in a week.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Just started this game, did they replace the 3 factions in the hub with people who are out in the field? Found the EDZ guy and assumed he counts as a faction so wasn't sure if this is how they work now instead of bounties you get from a hub.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Javes posted:

They would never price them above what the average player could reasonably accrue in a week.

That didn't stop people from hoarding hundreds of shards in preparation though. I think I said so in the discord and someone was like "no way they'll be that cheap." It's pretty amazing how much Bungie has gone out of their to make the game accessible and rewarding for people who aren't putting 2nd job hours into it.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

They are both underpowered and hard to use. High risk no reward.

But I want that one that you can prime before exploding, that type of burst damage could be useful somewhere.

With the removing of a consumable to get power ammo, power weapons are kind of ..situational...

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

Just started this game, did they replace the 3 factions in the hub with people who are out in the field? Found the EDZ guy and assumed he counts as a faction so wasn't sure if this is how they work now instead of bounties you get from a hub.

Factions are returning in like two weeks

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

elpaganoescapa posted:

Factions are returning in like two weeks

they didn't even launch with factions? lol

cosmosisjones
Oct 10, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah, the factions are now the story NPCs you meet. Though of you go to the hangar there's like a whole room for FWC and an area for Dead Orbit, so they might show up later through DLC. Couldn't find a New Monarchy spot though.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cosmosisjones posted:

Yeah, the factions are now the story NPCs you meet. Though of you go to the hangar there's like a whole room for FWC and an area for Dead Orbit, so they might show up later through DLC. Couldn't find a New Monarchy spot though.

The old factions are announced to return soonish.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Like all of my Crucible ghosts tell me there's a higher chance of faction items dropping in Crucible games.

Man, I hope the only way to get faction rep is to kill dudes of the other factions in Crucible, Crucible really needs to be a bit more rewarding

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Went ahead and picked up Merciless, though I have Skyburner's Oath for the raid. I figure why not might be good for Nightfalls at least. 262 light now! I'll probably do the raid at 280 or close to it in a few weeks.

As someone who has used both you probably won't get a ton of use out of Skyburner's Oath compared to Merciless in the raid. I haven't found anything that even gets close to Merciless as far as being able to burn something down quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

I like them - you can spam them into crowds and wreak havoc. I got the Lion exotic that fits into the energy slot and it's ok there. It's a bit niche since it's a utility thing that removes shields and isn't meant for damage. But it's handling is super high so you switch your kinetic to finish them off.