Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

steinrokkan posted:

You know, besides the contemptible content, I'm also surprised by how bland and lifeless her prose is, I thought she was supposed to be smart and well spoken, but all these excerpts read like some college kid bitching on Facebook.

She writes in the same sort of stilted way she'd give speeches on the campaign trail. I'm not sure she can even turn it off anymore.

e: I'll grant that it's a good chance this is ghost written, but after disappearing from the public for over half a year I think we should entertain the possibility that she wrote this herself.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 10:00 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

No Booker, weird

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb37RTDC7ds

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

feelin pretty good about not sure's chances

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

feelin pretty good about not sure's chances

Pssssh. The most successful candidate isn't even on the list: Didn't Vote

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

The hillary/DNC murder squad would just try and drop anvils and pianos on people

It's like a variant on the old joke about the Kennedy assassination. How do you know Hillary didn't kill Seth Rich?

He's dead, isn't he?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/908408956246249472

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/908490496883924992

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lmao

Terror Sweat has issued a correction as of 12:37 on Sep 15, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Somebody PS Neera over Yezhov in that picture with Stalin.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shameful quote from Bernie imo

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Clinton is the worst. I hope Chelsea actually does run for something lmao.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/908357018964172800

hahahahahaha

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fits my needs posted:

hahahahahaha

What can even be said?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://newrepublic.com/article/144797/hillary-clinton-doesnt-get

good review

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

fits my needs posted:

hahahahahaha

just total cashing in lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

safely sodomized posted:

just total cashing in lmao

Donald J. Trump should read the book about how great it is to have slaves.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol that Zuck is beating Harris

I thought she was the frontrunner :allears:

fits my needs posted:

hahahahahaha

tweet shilling a book

132,000 likes

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Come on Trump have Hope Hicks write a "It takes a pressgang" book with Hillary and Bill Clinton waving on the cover + tweet that

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Donald J. Trump should read the book about how great it is to have slaves.

Please. We need this to happen.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

also

quotin 4 later use~~~

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ahahahah

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

She treats her party’s broader left wing similarly. Clinton dedicates an entire section of the book to “Idealism and Realism.” In it, she tries to set herself up as the wise, canny politician to Sanders’s street-preaching fool, a contrast she uses to indict progressives who have clashed with her. When Black Lives Matter activists interrupt a campaign event with criticisms of her husband’s infamous 1994 crime bill, she meets with them—and concludes they just don’t understand what they’re talking about. They “didn’t want to talk about developing a policy agenda,” she complains. “One was singularly focused on getting me to accept personal responsibility for having supported policies, especially the crime bill that my husband signed in 1994, which he claimed created a culture of mass incarceration.”

That characterization, she insists, is “oversimplified beyond recognition.” She adds, “Unfortunately, the only way to pass the law was to also include measures that congressional Republicans demanded.” She makes similar excuses for her husband’s welfare reform bill, which deepened extreme poverty in the United States and perpetuated the Republican notion of an undeserving poor. “Finding the right balance between principle and pragmatism can be hard,” she explains. “Bill and I both believed that change was needed to help more people get the tools and support to transition from welfare to work, including assistance with health care and child care. But Republicans in Congress were determined to rip up the social safety net.” Don’t worry, though. The Clintons “lay awake at night, talking it over.”

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
So did the Dems complete their NPR conversion under Bill and the third way? or did the rot set in during Reagan?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fits my needs posted:

So did the Dems complete their NPR conversion under Bill and the third way? or did the rot set in during Reagan?

I think theoretically Dukakis and Mondale were still New-Deal-style Dems, even if they sucked

Serf
May 5, 2011

instead of compromising with republicans, the democrats should have been trying to covert their voters into democrats

too late for that now, tho

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
what a craven and entitled shithead

to have the gall to demand minorities' votes after that blm stunt, jesus christ

hey guys, turns out that matt and trey were right: BOTH SIDES!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

is it really the smartest idea to teach donald how to have literal slaves?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If only there were some way the Clintons could have stopped the rapacious Republican agenda of eviscerating welfare. Some power that only a president would have. A "veto" power, you could say.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Probably Magic posted:

Hillary should watch some Marx Brothers so she can figure out how she completely walked into being the Margaret Dumont to Trump's Groucho.

nice

Phone posted:

what a craven and entitled shithead

to have the gall to demand minorities' votes after that blm stunt, jesus christ

hey guys, turns out that matt and trey were right: BOTH SIDES!

both parties deserve death
:commissar:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Serf posted:

instead of compromising with republicans, the democrats should have been trying to covert their voters into democrats

too late for that now, tho

TBF this was the Clinton strategy in '16

the problem is they were trying to convert them by compromising

Serf
May 5, 2011

loquacius posted:

TBF this was the Clinton strategy in '16

the problem is they were trying to convert them by compromising

really it was just dropping the act and revealing that they're not so different after all

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Neera going from almost chief of staff to her khaleesi pretending she never even existed is very comforting :smugdog:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Scent of Worf posted:

Neera going from almost chief of staff to her khaleesi pretending she never even existed is very comforting :smugdog:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

EugeneJ posted:

https://twitter.com/katereadsbks/status/908375519225188352

Those people who are definitely not me sure had bad intentions!

well yeah because she couldn't even pass the dc bar and had to flee to flyover country without any prospects

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

safely sodomized posted:

its really incredibly how its all entirely self centered. there is no expression of concern for the fact that she doomed this country and the world to the leadership by the Dumbest Retard Who Ever Lived, that millions of people will suffer because of her incompetence and selfishness. its just about how bad it made her feel, and how sorry we should be for not being With Her enough.

If I was Hillary I would've fuckin' committed suicide. She's spent her whole life preparing to be president, and hosed it up to Trump? Boom. Dead.

The press wouldn't have been able to believe it. They would not have been able to believe Hillary committed suicide. How could she have done that? How could she have committed suicide? They couldn't have helped Hillary out of that one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The failed shogun can only redeem her honour through seppeku

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

careful

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

You forget your scripture.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ayo did anyone order the piping hot take?

https://wonkette.com/622790/hillary-clinton-casually-suggests-bernie-sanders-not-messiah-which-is-just-loving-rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

• Locked thread