Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/908533072718688258

Hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol if he's interrupting Ryan like the doctor from Idiocracy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well Ryan did describe his college years as sitting around a keg plotting out how to destroy the social safety net. Evil and boring.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

That first reply lmbo

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I can only imagine that ole' Chuck just turns the NYC accent up to 11 and is like "ey...Mr. President. You're tired of this poo poo, we're tired of this poo poo, let's make a deal. You extend the debt ceiling 3 months and I'll get my people to get your balls out of a vice with wall funding, we'll talk about it later but we need that debt ceiling problem taken care of first"

vs. talking to senator foghorn leghorn or the cheesehead fratboy that skips leg day

Launchpad McQuack
Oct 21, 2010
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-15/london-police-ambulance-confirm-incident-parsons-green-station/8950958

Someone just tired to bomb the tube in London by the sounds of it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Social media is a disease. Too much money and bullshit involved.

Facebook Enabled Advertisers to Reach ‘Jew Haters’

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/908646582807089152

Can we get nasty written into the joint counter-terrorism principles?

Also, you know who he said was nasty, right?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Nasty Nas?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'd heard from a few people in the community that the Pentagon had relaxed some ROE in Syria in Iraq, but it's not like Delta was sitting on their hands and saying, "Jiminy Jillikers, we sure would love to go kill those Islamic State fighters over there, but Obama doesn't want us loving up his friends" or whatever.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

suboptimal posted:

I'd heard from a few people in the community that the Pentagon had relaxed some ROE in Syria in Iraq, but it's not like Delta was sitting on their hands and saying, "Jiminy Jillikers, we sure would love to go kill those Islamic State fighters over there, but Obama doesn't want us loving up his friends" or whatever.

They've bombed Raqqa into oblivion, civilians be damned

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/908285561194078208

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Also, Harvard revoked Chelsea Manning's fellowship.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Not a fan of Manning, but that was pretty spineless.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

How many times did Donnie Dumbfuck tell that scorpion and frog story?

How many decades of documented reality about his personality are there?

How many gallons of ink did half the country use saying "holy gently caress this guy is horrible and horribly unqualified"?

Life must be rough when reality comes as a completely unexpected surprise to you that you're totally unequipped to deal with.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like the stranded ISIS convoy escaped. We quit watching the convoy after the Russians requested it on the airstrike deconfliction line.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/isis-convoy-reaches-militant-held-syria-after-coalition-stops-strikes-activists-say-1505383055

Seems like there might be a ton of side-deals so it might be more complicated than a simple "Russians let ISIS go", but still really strange.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

And Fox and Friends was a fury of "Why can't the government monitor us more! We need to give the government more powers!"

I thought they hated the government?

bird food bathtub posted:

How many times did Donnie Dumbfuck tell that scorpion and frog story?

How many decades of documented reality about his personality are there?

How many gallons of ink did half the country use saying "holy gently caress this guy is horrible and horribly unqualified"?

Life must be rough when reality comes as a completely unexpected surprise to you that you're totally unequipped to deal with.

No, people like Coulter are just mad Trump didn't go far enough Right.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

And Fox and Friends was a fury of "Why can't the government monitor us more! We need to give the government more powers!"

republicans have the majority

Ann Coulter's twitter is awesome right now btw.

actually most of trumpworld is awesome right now

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Sep 15, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Manning all kinds of pissy about no longer being called a Fellow. (Manning was/is still invited to come talk to students, but the titlel of Visiting Fellow was revoked.

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/908576331369238528

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

Manning all kinds of pissy about no longer being called a Fellow. (Manning was/is still invited to come talk to students, but the titlel of Visiting Fellow was revoked.

....honestly, she has a point: Harvard gave into CIA pressure when it should've pointed out that its bestowed the Fellowship on both good and bad figures.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

No, people like Coulter are just mad Trump didn't go far enough Right.

Oh absolutely, they're mad at him for exactly the wrong reasons because they're Republican shills. It's just that I really don't see how anyone can ever, ever say they they're shocked about how terrible Donnie is or be amazed when he turns against them for some momentary, completely self-serving reason. You've got to be a special kind of stupid mother fucker to react to reality like a chihuahua with a door bell.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

....honestly, she has a point: Harvard gave into CIA pressure when it should've pointed out that its bestowed the Fellowship on both good and bad figures.

Once they'd made the decision, should've stuck with it. Alternately, they could've invited Manning without ever using the term "Visiting Fellow" and instead just invited Manning to speak with no such title. Instead, they went full fellow, then recanted, so now they look dumb to all parties.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

is The RefuSal to UsE cApItAl LetTers soMe SoRt oF poLiTicaL stAtemEnt?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

If you're incredibly nit picky and petty you can see anything as a political statement.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's what all the traitors with fetal alcohol syndrome do.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

If you're incredibly nit picky and petty you can see anything as a political statement.

I always wondered if the folks who pluralized references to god where actually polytheistic or getting in a super edgy dig against modern religion. Gods-drat it!

it was always the Wheel of Time/wolf shirt kids

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

have you been to cspam

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Wait, I thought the whole point of being accepting was that we stop calling her a fellow. :confused:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chichevache posted:

Wait, I thought the whole point of being accepting was that we stop calling her a fellow. :confused:

lol

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Except this has absolutely nothing to do with her trans status and everything to do with her being a criminal.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

DoktorLoken posted:

Except this has absolutely nothing to do with her trans status and everything to do with her being a criminal.

So criminals can't get real jobs once they've served their time? That's how you get recidivism buddy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

M_Gargantua posted:

So criminals can't get real jobs once they've served their time? That's how you get recidivism buddy.

Sounds like equality to me.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Well, in this case they're sort of generally profiting or receiving benefit directly from the crime so .....

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DoktorLoken posted:

Well, in this case they're sort of generally profiting or receiving benefit directly from the crime so .....

This

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: nm

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Harvard would never dare be associated with someone who committed crimes while in uniform.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DoktorLoken posted:

Best Friends posted:

Harvard would never dare be associated with someone who committed crimes while in uniform.

What, Harvard? An Ivy League school? Surely not...

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

DoktorLoken posted:

This is the entire basis of officers going to work for contractors afterwards

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

The CIA guy who left Harvard endorsed torture so....

I'm not trying to start an argument but that's not really a big deal. Why is Kissinger still respected and valued? There are a lot worse targets than a whiny trans person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Cuz at least Kissinger did his absolute best to secure American interests. You can quibble over his methods, but he sure as hell isn't a traitor.

• Locked thread