Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

LinYutang posted:

Conferences are actually a way to get your company to pay for your vacation

my conferences tend to end up being where I already live or in a swamp :eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Luigi Thirty posted:

nope I’m on my way to being a girl 🌈

one of us one of us

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

your assigned gender is a piece of poo poo

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol i should just start a yospos lgbtq thread at this point. we're like half of the drat forum.

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->
i've lost count of how many goons came out this year tbh

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

If I still had it I’d send out one of those 1990s Barbie PC cases for yosmas this year

we bought them in bulk off eBay like 15 years ago and built computers into them for resale

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Luigi Thirty posted:

congrats!

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

cis autodrag posted:

lol i should just start a yospos lgbtq thread at this point. we're like half of the drat forum.

how did that one post about this go? something like

"the three endings to posting on SA are

1) writing articles for vice
2) coming out as trans
3) sending women you don't like pictures of dog tits over twitter"

or something like that.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
poo poo, I gotta get cracking on one of those I guess

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

CPColin posted:

Same,

does tweeting my dilz to underage women like Anthony Weiner count as an end state? The others sound like work

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Luigi Thirty posted:

happy for you friend

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Atari “it’s 1994 and we literally have no money” Corporation

the GPU and DSP each have internal 32-bit SRAM that you can copy programs to. that’s not affected by this. the external memory bus is 16-bit and a lot slower anyway.

a few years ago someone figured out that you can reliably do jumps in external memory as long as the alignment for everything is just right but the speed penalty makes it no good

someone needs to fix this in an emulator…

…and see what it breaks

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

CPColin posted:

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Slurps Mad Rips posted:

2) coming out as trans

or something like that.

i did some sourcing for sarah jeong once so technically

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

eschaton posted:

someone needs to fix this in an emulator…

…and see what it breaks

i found the article with the deets on how to make it work actually

• JUMP from locations must be LONG aligned (Addresses ending in 0,4,8 or C in hexadecimal)– sometimes for jumps between Local and Main, PHRASE alignment seems necessary (Addresses ending in 0 or 8 in hexadecimal - actually recent studies have shown some cases where the JUMP FROM address in local has needed to be word aligned - the jump too was always LONG)) [Actually there's even a further point - if the jump is called very frequently - sometimes even the alignment and MOVEI seem not to help - one therefore needs to try to keep the jumps a little further apart in time]
  • In order to help clear the pipeline/pre-fetch for jumps between Main Ram and local RAM on the RISC chip, it is advisable to immediately precede the JUMP with a MOVEI. (Recent work has indicated that it is sometimes beneficial if the MOVEI is NOT the regester used in teh JUMP)
  • JR from locations seem to be free
  • External page jumps must be LONG aligned
  • Internal page jumps must be word offset from long aligned (addresses ending in 2,6,A or E in hexadecimal)
  • Two NOP's should come after a JUMP or a JR instruction (experimentation with a single operand instruction instead of the first NOP is possible).

anyway I wrote this as part of the line blitting routine to take advantage of the delay slot and thus save 1 (one) cycle and now I feel dirty

code:
	;; 1-phrase pitch, 8-bit pixels, 320px width, XADD = ?
	cmpq	#0,SLOPE		;is slope 0?
	jr	eq,.slope_is_zero	;yes, add one to X per pixel instead of the slope register

;; slope is not zero
	movei	#PITCH1|PIXEL8|WID320|XADDINC,TEMP1 ;X += X step registers
	jr	t,.step_sign_check		    ;continue setting blitter registers
	store	TEMP1,(B_A1_FLAGS)		    ;always executed after the jump. CYCLE SAVED

.slope_is_zero:
	movei	#PITCH1|PIXEL8|WID320|XADDPIX,TEMP1 ;executed if slope == 0
	store	TEMP1,(B_A1_FLAGS)

.step_sign_check:
[set more registers...]
one cool thing about the RISC chips: their divide units support both integer divides and fixed-point divides so 3D math is easier without an FPU

code:
	;Slope calculation.
.calculate_slope:
	;TODO: division by 0 returns 0xFFFFFFFF per hardware manual
	move	Y_DIST,DIVIDEND
	move	X_DIST,DIVISOR

;Set up for 16.16 divide
	moveq	#1,TEMP1
	movei	#G_DIVCTRL,TEMP2
	store	TEMP1,(TEMP2)

div	DIVISOR,DIVIDEND	;destination / source
	move	DIVIDEND,SLOPE		;slope = DIVISOR/DIVIDEND

;; back to integer divide
	moveq	#0,TEMP1
	movei	#G_DIVCTRL,TEMP2
	store	TEMP1,(TEMP2)

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 15, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm late, but I can't not

fake edit:

cis autodrag posted:

do it

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, I saw the changed Twitter handle, then clicked through and saw her profile changed too, so I figured I had at least a 50% chance of being right.

That's generally the amount of confidence I have in my programs being right, too.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
well with computer it's either a 0 or 1 so it's a 50-50 chance right

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

ratbert90 posted:

As a developer who used to use eclipse cdt every day, let me tell ya, clion and intellij is cool and good and worth every penny.

distributing different ides for different languages is bullshit

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
with intellij its more having all these ide's for different languages having different licenses and pricing and such thats annoying

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lancemantis posted:

with intellij its more having all these ide's for different languages having different licenses and pricing and such thats annoying

all product licence is 250 for first year, 199 for second, and 149 from third onwards

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Slurps Mad Rips posted:

2) coming out as trans

or something like that.

what's the story behind #3 because that's oddly specific (also still more respectable than writing for vice)

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

all product licence is 250 for first year, 199 for second, and 149 from third onwards

yeah but I only really need 2 of them and the price then is only sightly less :eng99:

its like buying milk at Costco

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you own intellij when you buy it though/ maybe there's some caveats to it but idk

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

NihilCredo posted:

what's the story behind #3 because that's oddly specific (also still more respectable than writing for vice)

wish I knew, I just remember seeing it on twitter a few months back but I don't know what exactly to search for to find the specific tweet.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lancemantis posted:

yeah but I only really need 2 of them and the price then is only sightly less :eng99:

its like buying milk at Costco

are you loving annoyed for being able to save money?????????

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hifi posted:

you own intellij when you buy it though/ maybe there's some caveats to it but idk

no they run subscription model. you can get perpetual licences but it's fucky

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://sales.jetbrains.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207240845-What-is-perpetual-fallback-license- this looks retarded

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vice rules actually

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

are you loving annoyed for being able to save money?????????

Yes :colbert:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

no they run subscription model. you can get perpetual licences but it's fucky

unless they changed it back again, subscription also gets you permanent fallback for whatever comes out a year before the license expires (so if you get a 1 year license, it's the current version, if you get a 2 year license it's whatever comes out in the next year)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fritz posted:

unless they changed it back again, subscription also gets you permanent fallback for whatever comes out a year before the license expires (so if you get a 1 year license, it's the current version, if you get a 2 year license it's whatever comes out in the next year)

that sounds like it yes

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

anyway I wrote this as part of the line blitting routine to take advantage of the delay slot and thus save 1 (one) cycle and now I feel dirty

:getin:

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

jetbrains had a problem: they had to hold features because they needed to make upgrades worthwhile, and they would rather release features when ready and adopt an evergreen model. they wanted to move to a straight subscription model, but customers who liked having real ownership of the yearly release were mad, so they made it so you could get ownership of a release if you paid for a year. everybody is super happy about it and got what they wanted

except you, the person calling stuff retarded on the internet in 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

also according to the DSP, the absolute value of signed zero ($80000000) is signed zero ($80000000)

I have no idea if that’s "right” or not

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

man im rewriting my lovely r json parser with pandas in python and im so hard about just not having to use r for it. sucks that boss wants me to do job in r at least for time being

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

cis autodrag posted:

we haven't been posting "im gay" for nothing all these years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

• Locked thread