Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I'm kinda more impressed that Robin Lopez is trying to dunk like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

2k has its share of bizarre rear end poo poo though. Jarred Sulligner making like 5 3s a game, Brook Lopez being an unstoppable God,

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My favorite 2k thing was how prime Noah would get every rebound

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Metapod posted:

My favorite 2k thing was how prime Noah would get every rebound

I mean accurate.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Video games should be fun and that is fun as hell.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mlmx6OuILs

Docked Switch gameplay. The channel has some other videos up too.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

cowboy elvis posted:

Video games should be fun and that is fun as hell.

The gently caress it is. Im throwing poo poo if that's online

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mlmx6OuILs

Docked Switch gameplay. The channel has some other videos up too.

Is it just me or did that game load way faster than 17 on PS4?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zelah posted:

Is it just me or did that game load way faster than 17 on PS4?

Switch loads fast as poo poo.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

its a good console my friends

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Hyped to hopefully have this unlock on the eshop at 9 pst so I can pass the time until iPhone preorders/console myself when I don't get one

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Apparently 2k wants to change the player creation system in response to feedback, but can't do it for the day 1 patch, so it may take a couple patches

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
so how does the MyCareer tedium factor look in this. watching my dumbass character slowly enter and exit buildings was really unfun in 17

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

leftist heap posted:

so how does the MyCareer tedium factor look in this. watching my dumbass character slowly enter and exit buildings was really unfun in 17

watching a couple guys' early vids it doesn't seem that bad. Basketball Town does look nice and most things seem to be grouped up

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And now the long wait for installation

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
35 mins

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Happy 2K Day y'all

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How are things looking for you guys? Servers seem fairly stable so far for everyone?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm just dicking around being the worst LeBron ever

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how do I dunk

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

The Glumslinger posted:

How are things looking for you guys? Servers seem fairly stable so far for everyone?

the switch seems to be downloading at about 100 kbps so hopefully it's available when i wake up tomorrow

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

the switch seems to be downloading at about 100 kbps so hopefully it's available when i wake up tomorrow

Looking like it's going to clock in at almost exactly two hours for me on switch

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

zelah posted:

Looking like it's going to clock in at almost exactly two hours for me on switch

It probably doesn't help that i'm on the very edge of the wifi signal in the house i'm staying in.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
So anyone who's gotten the Switch version running yet, can you do rebrands with custom assets on it? I just checked the NBA 2k site for uploading that stuff and it didn't show Switch.

If not this is a big deal for me, I'll need to purchase a new copy for PS4.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was legitimately surprised that the game loaded up and played smoothly within like two minutes. That did not happen often in 17.

I'm on Xbox to be clear

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Enjoying mycareer quite a bit, playing a big man is very fun so far. VC rewards are pretty stingy and it doesn't look like there's a boost for turning up the difficulty anymore that I can see? Also boy holy poo poo gently caress does everything cost a ton of VC, and lots of stuff isn't even the "buy it once and you can switch back to it for free whenever" thing, like haircuts for instance.

Also there are a LOT of people running around at 85 OVR already, which costs 180k VC or so, so people are spending an insane amount like usual.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
All the stuff I'd unlocked in crates in the Live demo not only has carried over, but can be used on a new character too, which is pretty neat.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

hopterque posted:

Enjoying mycareer quite a bit, playing a big man is very fun so far. VC rewards are pretty stingy and it doesn't look like there's a boost for turning up the difficulty anymore that I can see? Also boy holy poo poo gently caress does everything cost a ton of VC, and lots of stuff isn't even the "buy it once and you can switch back to it for free whenever" thing, like haircuts for instance.

Also there are a LOT of people running around at 85 OVR already, which costs 180k VC or so, so people are spending an insane amount like usual.

The legend edition or whatever comes with like 300k

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Duggler posted:

The legend edition or whatever comes with like 300k

The legend edition (which is 100$ drat dollars) comes with 100k, the legend edition gold which i think is 200 dollars comes with 250k.

e: legend edition gold is 150$ i think actually but still.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I got the legend edition but i may put my vc in myteam

Well scratch that guy at work was picking up at the same time looks like I'm joining his pro am team

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 15, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So if I make a drive/post scoring Center am I gonna eat poo poo on defense a lot? It looks like the ratings for that stuff are pretty low but take a good leap up if I go driving/defense, is there any real bonus to specialize like that when the only negative for driving/defense seems to be a couple less badge options?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Played most of the way through the prelude section on the switch, all in handheld mode. The regular gameplay view makes it clear this is not a PS4 pro, but whenever it cuts to replays it looks a lot nicer. I flipped through some menus in docked mode and I'm kind of bummed how rough the text looks, but it's the trade off.

I made a Driving & Finishing/Defense 6'10 PF. I'm not sure how well it'll work yet, but it seems fast in proving ground at least.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Haha you can't preview haircuts or beards before you buy them and you have to rebuy them every time. Incredible

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eleven extra elephants posted:

Haha you can't preview haircuts or beards before you buy them and you have to rebuy them every time. Incredible

yea I could live with no preview but the rebuying is absolutely insane. I guess they want realism in a game where a fade costs 1000 funbucks

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sounds cheap tbh

I pay ~25$ for a haircut IRL

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well lookit mister fancy pants here.

Also I gotta say you guys were right, making a 7'1 300 pound motherfucker who just shoves over guys to dunk on them feels incredibly good this year

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

sexpig by night posted:

So if I make a drive/post scoring Center am I gonna eat poo poo on defense a lot? It looks like the ratings for that stuff are pretty low but take a good leap up if I go driving/defense, is there any real bonus to specialize like that when the only negative for driving/defense seems to be a couple less badge options?

I remade my guy as Post Scoring/Defending which is an excellent compromise imo. You still get a decent amount of athleticism from defending and not having post moves as a big man in this game seems like a Bad Idea.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Glumslinger, any word if you guys plan to patch Community creations for the nintendo switch so we can upload custom assets to use in rebranding and relocating? Will that be patched in with FaceScans?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I don't know very much about switch, but I can ask around today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Much appreciated. Otherwise I'm going to plumb the depths of Nintendo's refund policy and then convert to PS4.

• Locked thread