Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

whalestory posted:

Thanks so much interrodactyl... you will always be in my heart

edit: What's the big deal about atziri's step? if the acro/phase acro nodes arent worth it, would i also be better off skipping the spell dodge on atziri's step and going for just any old rare life/resist boots?

Atziri Step is 700 evasion, 30% MS, and 70 life. It's good. You're not going to find boots that match it as long as you can make up the resists.

Also, quality on all your gear. Use your armourer scraps and whetstones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Catching up on the thread...

PotatoManJack posted:

I try not to price check a lot, but this just dropped and I think it may be worth quite a bit:

A few chaos, I'd probably throw that in a 5c tab but I don't know if it's too high or too low. Evasion is a worthless stat.

whalestory posted:

Is queen of the forest even worth it on an ele wanding pathfinder? I guess I just need way more evasion but it seems really hard to get enough for it to be cool.

I'm also feeling the pain of not having enough resists when i'm running with rat's nest, thunderfist, lyco, and atziri's steps so I guess I should probably switch one or more of them out for a rare with life/resist. im just kinda working myself up on a small budget of like 100c

i guess on the offchance that anyone feels like giving me advice on my wander so far: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/whalestory/characters i definitely need more jewel slots and then good jewels to go in em

I used a rare chest until I switched to Yriel's Fostering, was never really interested in QotF. To get the most out of the QotF movespeed you have to use a Jade of Reflexes and a Quicksilver of Adrenaline, otherwise it's basically the same as Yriel's Fostering and using a Quicksilver of Adrenaline, maybe even a bit worse. As I have said before, you really want the Quicksilver of Adrenaline as well as Dying Sun and Vinktar, which leaves 2 flask slots for Bleed Immunity and Curse Immunity. Using the Jade of Reflexes means you have to drop one of the unique flasks or one of the immunities, and I don't really see the point. I don't think you should use Thunderfist + Rat's Nest while Tempest's Binding exists and lets you get life + resists in both glove slot and helmet slot, as well as generate Frenzy charges while using Pierce on KB. Thunderfist + Rat's Nest gives you the biggest tooltip numbers on Barrage I guess, but I don't think it's good.

whalestory posted:

edit: What's the big deal about atziri's step? if the acro/phase acro nodes arent worth it, would i also be better off skipping the spell dodge on atziri's step and going for just any old rare life/resist boots?

Those nodes are worth it. But also I use a rare for resists.

E: I'd consider dropping Yriel's for Perfect Form if I think I can get my resists in line but I don't think it's reasonable to skip Phase Acro entirely when you are more than strong enough as a Wander that sacrificing 4 points for it is not a major problem.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 15, 2017

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I just rage unspec'd out of them when I died once from getting crit by izaro mace slam with Jade/Stibnite/all Acro nodes up. Haven't looked back, but I also stopped leveling on that character.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

whalestory posted:

Spell dodge is fine, the question is if you really want to spend 4 points on it. Using the boots doesn't cost you anything besides a few resists that you can easily grab somewhere else and they have great evasion for Qotf.

Edit: Maybe i should actually read the last page before posting.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Devor posted:

Does anyone have a pet build for easy Uber Lab runs? I put together a budget one early on using the Blood Magic w/ Attacks Axe but it didn't feel very good.

Now that I have some cash to work with, I'd like to put together something else powerful that doesn't use VP.

I assume Regen Juggernaut would be a strong base to start from.

Also, relatedly:

Is there a way to transfer enchantments among two items? I swear I read that in a patch, but I'm not seeing it . I never really messed around with farming enchantments before.

I guess the preferred way is to do the enchants on a random white helmet, and let other folks craft it up as needed?

I've been playing RF this league (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1729087/page/1) and it absolutely laughs at Labyrinth. I haven't tried charge disruptors yet but every other mechanic is trivial. As a bonus, you take no damage from flame traps.

You cannot transfer enchantments.

I'm a newbie at farming enchants myself but it seems like the entry level way to do it is buy cheapish but popular unique hats (Devoto's, Starkonja's) and use those.

nerox
May 20, 2001

notlodar posted:

I am selling a 7% life, 14% fire resist and 10% projectile damage for 20 chaos and I got an offer when I was afk so apparently life is valuable

Yeah life on a jewel pretty much makes it worth something no matter what in this meta.

Outside of a few exceptions, most life nodes give 5% life, which means a jewel slot giving 7% life is already beating most life nodes and can give other stats as well.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
If you got money to blow, dump enchants on Tempest's Binding. Very high upside and even middling stuff is solid. 40% Blade Flurry damage on that is 4ex.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If you got money to blow, dump enchants on Tempest's Binding. Very high upside and even middling stuff is solid. 40% Blade Flurry damage on that is 4ex.

What all builds use it? I know barrage +2 projectiles is worth a lot on that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I was thinking last night about buying either a Starforge or a good Vaal Axe and turning my sunder slayer into a pure phys Cycloner. That character is RT right now; is that OK for both the vaal axe or Starforge, or would they want to be crit-based? Which would probably be better? Would I possibly want to include bleeding in such a changeup?

Also, there seems to be some confusion on this. Does the Shock on Starforge have any value at all as RT?

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

- Dying Sun is super cheap and is +50% damage for Barrage.

a dying sun is like 100c by itself dude

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

nerox posted:

What all builds use it? I know barrage +2 projectiles is worth a lot on that.

Bow builds can too, though phys conversion/Doomfletch are way more popular than ele bow builds this league. It's really nice as a pseudo 6L for LA so you can go LA/Barrage with Kaom's Heart. I'm surprised that Blade Flurry enchant is expensive on it, but I suppose Blade Flurry is a ubiquitous enough skill people will pay a bunch for any good life + resist hat with other upside as long as it has the enchant. Generally speaking, if you hit an enchant for any skill that's popular or general purpose stuff like Golem buff effect, reduced mana reserved for popular auras, and extra curse effect for popular curses you should sell the hat and start enchanting a new clean one. Obviously you're aiming for +2 projectiles for Barrage because that's worth something like 60 exalts, and I think the next most expensive might be Tornado Shot +2 secondary projectiles.

Also item showcase: I bought this belt yesterday for 3 Ex, divined it 6 times cause I wanted high life roll + at least 46 strength for stat requirements, and Blessed it up to max life roll. Pretty sure the seller ripped himself off:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

I was thinking last night about buying either a Starforge or a good Vaal Axe and turning my sunder slayer into a pure phys Cycloner. That character is RT right now; is that OK for both the vaal axe or Starforge, or would they want to be crit-based? Which would probably be better? Would I possibly want to include bleeding in such a changeup?

Also, there seems to be some confusion on this. Does the Shock on Starforge have any value at all as RT?

both starforge and any vaal axe have too low crit chance, RT reigns supreme

I dislike bleeding, and SF can shock with RT when you have other shock sources like a jewel

now if you got some spare mirrors you could crit with a ~600dps Fleshripper, good luck with that

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

dangerdoom volvo posted:

a dying sun is like 100c by itself dude

I guess they're back up. I bought a perfect one for 45c two weeks ago.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I dislike bleeding, and SF can shock with RT when you have other shock sources like a jewel

now if you got some spare mirrors you could crit with a ~600dps Fleshripper, good luck with that
edit by post: seems 12 EX for an unlinked one, seems doable he

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Your perception of wealth gets a bit warped if you trade/play a lot ngl

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

AnonSpore posted:

Your perception of wealth gets a bit warped if you trade/play a lot ngl

Yeah this is the first league where I've finally really stuck with mapping characters and getting serious endgame loot and I've probably made maybe 400-500 c total?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Cool thanks. I've got about 360C liquid to my name plus whatever bullshit I can sell in my tabs, so I've definitely got enough to buy a crappy Starforge, divine it up, 5L it and go to town. See what shakes loose tonight.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I've had a lot of free time this league (unemployed housewife life :toot:) and im up to about 1.7k chaos in raw currency. i might actually get a headhunter for the first time :eyepop:

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Are you supposed to be able to beat Izaro in the labyrinth as soon as you get there? I got to Act 4 and I'm at level 40 with a Witch (I was kind of following some thing I found online about the "Arc Witch") but I can only keep dodging him so long before I whiff a flame dash or movement command and I get hit by the green goo.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ultima66 posted:

Also item showcase: I bought this belt yesterday for 3 Ex, divined it 6 times cause I wanted high life roll + at least 46 strength for stat requirements, and Blessed it up to max life roll. Pretty sure the seller ripped himself off:

what would a belt with those stats but a really lovely ES roll filling up the last prefix be worth

say something like this

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Are you supposed to be able to beat Izaro in the labyrinth as soon as you get there? I got to Act 4 and I'm at level 40 with a Witch but I can only keep dodging him so long before I whiff a flame dash or movement command and I get hit by the green goo.

Depending on your build/gear you can do Izaro as early as the low 20s, assuming you know what you're doing and have twink gear. If I'm not playing some early blooming monster build I usually do it when I get to A4 at/around 40. Once you learn how Izaro works he's insanely easy.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

what would a belt with those stats but a really lovely ES roll filling up the last prefix be worth

say something like this

It looks like there's a couple of belts that look similar to this worth around 3-4 exalts, and then other ones in the tens of exalts, so people aren't very consistent at pricing them. Last prefix shouldn't really matter. If you're selling I'd try to get more and go for maybe 10 ex starting price, otherwise it seems hard to tell.

Are you supposed to be able to beat Izaro in the labyrinth as soon as you get there? I got to Act 4 and I'm at level 40 with a Witch (I was kind of following some thing I found online about the "Arc Witch") but I can only keep dodging him so long before I whiff a flame dash or movement command and I get hit by the green goo.

Kind of, I usually wait until your level to attempt the lab at all but it's certainly possible the moment you get all 6 trials and can enter, which is like lvl 33. Arc is incredibly bad at killing single target bosses though, so you'll probably have to find a better single target setup and/or come back to it later.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ultima66 posted:

It looks like there's a couple of belts that look similar to this worth around 3-4 exalts, and then other ones in the tens of exalts, so people aren't very consistent at pricing them. Last prefix shouldn't really matter. If you're selling I'd try to get more and go for maybe 10 ex starting price, otherwise it seems hard to tell.

if you're looking at poetrade then one at 10ex is literally that belt so I'm doing alright with my rough guesses

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

If the mortars are oneshotting you (which I think you are implying) then you might need to beef up your fire resist.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

terrified of my bathroom posted:

I've had a lot of free time this league (unemployed housewife life :toot:) and im up to about 1.7k chaos in raw currency. i might actually get a headhunter for the first time :eyepop:

I find myself totally uninterested in Headhunter. Might grab one of those jewels that requires 4 notables in radius to give you the HH effect, just for a lark, but the way the game changes with that power just doesn't look fun for more than ten minutes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I was just thinking, what auras would a Starforge Cyclone Slayer even run? Hatred and Herald of Ash are useless.

Blood Magic time instead?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ciaphas posted:

I find myself totally uninterested in Headhunter. Might grab one of those jewels that requires 4 notables in radius to give you the HH effect, just for a lark, but the way the game changes with that power just doesn't look fun for more than ten minutes.

inspired learning isn't worth it unless you can slot 2 in imo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

same

I'd personally go for a very high dps foil instead and trivialize end bosses instead of chaff with a hh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ciaphas posted:

I was just thinking, what auras would a Starforge Cyclone Slayer even run? Hatred and Herald of Ash are useless.

mate you do what pokchu does: two curses on a blasphemy

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the green goo is a really unintuitive attack

it builds up power the longer it's in the air, so you want to be close to him not far away. a close green goo won't splat you

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Goa Tse-tung posted:

mate you do what pokchu does: two curses on a blasphemy

good idea. curses are poo on guardians but I guess it's better than nothing!

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Remember to take note of the timestamp on those poe.trade prices. If there's 5 items the same as yours sitting for 100ex but they've all been there for 2 weeks odds are the people who put them up are just really stupid and the item is not worth that much

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

same

I'd personally go for a very high dps foil instead and trivialize end bosses instead of chaff with a hh

chasing mirrored gear never really interested me because i constantly switch characters/builds

i'd rather just zone out and murder packs and get really really big

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
yeah I asked that guy because he paid 3ex and felt like he ripped the seller off

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
So, character advice time! Here's my sheet: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ixjuvin/characters

Righeoux is a RF chieftain. I can kill all the Guardians deathless, Atziri and Uber Lab are a joke. But my first try on Shaper (ever, I have never killed Guardians much less Shaper before this league) he chumped me, I didn't even make it out of phase 1. Do I just need to improve my gear by a couple increments? How should I change up my flasks? Do I just need to Get Gud? How would Uber Atziri go? PoB tells me that I've got 85k DPS from RF, plus I use a Scorching Ray totem to reduce fire resist and add a little damage.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Ciaphas posted:

If you're in a party, and parties will love you because you're a Slayer, folks are slinging around curses anyways, so rather than competing against folks I just run Arctic Armor and Determination, and it works out pretty well. If you got thrifty with mana reservation you could probably fit in Grace/Determination, but Arctic Armor plays nice with Cyclone.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Where on earth is that five for one prophecy now that I have uniques higher than level 10?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Anyone have suggestions for how to improve my character StoneLikeDirectCurrent?

vOv fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 16, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

NofrikinfuN posted:

Where on earth is that five for one prophecy now that I have uniques higher than level 10?

you are going to get a bramblejack no matter what you turn in just accept it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Awesome! posted:

you are going to get a bramblejack no matter what you turn in just accept it

At least I will get rid of a few dupes doing so. Lemme spin that wheel!