Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Siochain posted:

Stressful as gently caress week. Wife had back surgery Monday, which hopefully alleviates years of random back-goes-out and 11-straight-months of pain from a "catastrophically" herniated disc (doctors words, not mine :P)
Monday she was loopy, nauseous and just out of it. Spiked a fever Tuesday, lasted through the night, and thankfully she was able to kick it Wednesday morning or it would have been another night in the hospital. Got home Wednesday night, picked up her drugs, and then a night of not much sleep as we tried to find a way to make the bed comfortable. Thankfully we have 2 guest bedrooms with lots of pillows which were stolen to build her pillow-fort-strosity that she's comfortable sleeping on.

I'm back at work today, and she's setup and hopefully good to go. Drove myself so if I need to leave I can.

loving stressful having someone you love be in pain and there's not a god-damned thing you can do.

ps Rhyno - hope your dad gets feeling better man

Hopefully the surgery went well. The first few days and weeks are the hardest, just keep that back straight. Did they tell her to walk as much as possible? It helped me but initially it didn't take much for me to get really dizzy and nauseous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Larrymer posted:

Hopefully the surgery went well. The first few days and weeks are the hardest, just keep that back straight. Did they tell her to walk as much as possible? It helped me but initially it didn't take much for me to get really dizzy and nauseous.

Yep, she was walking within 4-5 hours of the surgery. She's able to get up/down on her own, and she walks until things start getting sore/something feels different, then she sits back down. She's actually doing really well, I just stress about it :/
Staples come out next week which should help a ton with her feeling better to. I just need to make sure she doesn't do anything stupid :(

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I've never heard of menopausal guys before.*
I totally don't get the need for ball warming or cooling, (or both at the same time).

*If you have ever worked in HVAC they fitted those lock box over the t/stat (or remote hid it) for usually that reason.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 15, 2017

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

One of the best things about going into the data center on a warm day is standing over a vent and having cold air blown up each pant leg

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Galler posted:

One of the best things about going into the data center on a warm day is standing over a vent and having cold air blown up each pant leg

Its the best feeling.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
or conversely, going from cold side to hot side when you're freezing from sitting on an AC vent for an hour.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Galler posted:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

or conversely, going from cold side to hot side when you're freezing from sitting on an AC vent for an hour.

These are both absolutely true. The area I sit in currently is a bit too chilly, so it's actually nice going out into 90+ degrees in the evening - for a little while.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The games sub forum is loving horrible, I just want to play old NES and SNES games.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm currently sitting in a DCS room that's like 60° or something ludicrous. I can't wait to walk out of here and hit the 77° humid wall outside.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Our hotel is packed full of people with no power due to the hurricane, and apparently they are all really bored so a bunch of them got stupid drunk and acted like loving idiots. Got kids? Doesn't matter, lets get shitfaced! We're at a hotel with a Tiki bar, that's a license to check our brains at the door!

I really loving hate people that can't control their alcohol intake, don't drink if you're a god drat amateur.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I need to buy a Bentley arnage shell. Has anyone ever seen one for sale?
I want a 4 figure hp car and R8s never get shelled as worth so much.
Therefore. Cool rear end luxo barge on air. Flying spur shell would also own.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Our hotel is packed full of people with no power due to the hurricane, and apparently they are all really bored so a bunch of them got stupid drunk and acted like loving idiots. Got kids? Doesn't matter, lets get shitfaced! We're at a hotel with a Tiki bar, that's a license to check our brains at the door!

I really loving hate people that can't control their alcohol intake, don't drink if you're a god drat amateur.

I never miss working security. Not even for a second.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

The games sub forum is loving horrible, I just want to play old NES and SNES games.

Can't you do that without a forum?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bape Culture posted:

I need to buy a Bentley arnage shell. Has anyone ever seen one for sale?
I want a 4 figure hp car and R8s never get shelled as worth so much.
Therefore. Cool rear end luxo barge on air. Flying spur shell would also own.

just buy a veyron?? we have one for sale if you're interested

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

Can't you do that without a forum?

I was looking for info on what I can actually play on modern systems as I don't own either of those old systems anymore.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

I was looking for info on what I can actually play on modern systems as I don't own either of those old systems anymore.

:warez:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

fridge corn posted:

just buy a veyron?? we have one for sale if you're interested

I will give you 35k

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm not that smart.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

I will give you 35k

Yes but what about the other three wheels. Also the rest of the car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

I'm not that smart.
Google "snes emulator" and "snes roms". Boom now you have literally every snes game ever.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
build yourself a retropi rpi3 and send me a PM i'll hook u up with :filez:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

Google "snes emulator" and "snes roms". Boom now you have literally every snes game ever.

I know what emulators are, hell I think I have an original Xbox in the garage that's fully loaded. I was mostly hoping I could find everything I wanted to play on my original Wii but it doesn't appear so.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Darchangel posted:

These are both absolutely true. The area I sit in currently is a bit too chilly, so it's actually nice going out into 90+ degrees in the evening - for a little while.

I used to have an MSpaint image I stole from these very forums depicting how servers are also very effective fart filters.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

I know what emulators are, hell I think I have an original Xbox in the garage that's fully loaded. I was mostly hoping I could find everything I wanted to play on my original Wii but it doesn't appear so.
Get your old xbox because it works great for roms.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

InitialDave posted:

Well, it looks like, from May next year, cars over 40 years old won't need an MOT (annual safety inspection) in the UK:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...dworthiness.pdf

There seems likely to be a "not substantially modified" clause to this. Guess we'll have to see what shakes out with the actual legislation.

Yeah, since this year Sweden is on a rolling 50 yo limit, after which you don't need inspection (after 30 years it's tax exempt and the inspection is only bi-annual). If it is currently not roadworthy when it passes the limit, you have to pass one more inspection.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Our Lexus has chilled seats. It works alright, but it's not like I feel a cold draft on my balls or something. Now THAT would be impressive,

Put on some mesh basketball shorts and try again, unless my car has better A/C than yours. I don't get that much of a chance to use them in Seattle, but they were a god send this summer. The heated seats work really well, and get way more use up here.

Speaking of ls430's, had to drive out to Kirkland this morning, noticed the steering was pulling a bit, got on the freeway and the low tire indicator comes on. Make it to the doctors office to find my front right tire almost flat with a screw in it. I have a feeling its too close to the sidewall to be fixed, but it looks like I need new tires anyways....

Thankfully the entire toolkit was intact and the spare is in good shape and filled with air. Time to go get some new tires I guess.

Also, mine hit a milestone the other day

(didn't want to take the picture while driving, but there was no exit for ~2 miles)

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

My AW11 has these two little aimable ball warmer/coolers under the column

One of the features I miss the most about my aw11's.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Definitely too close to the sidewall.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Someone needs a hug today

:glomp:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Yeah, I think most shops like to avoid the whole outside tread block. That's practically in the sidewall itself.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Adiabatic posted:

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, I think most shops like to avoid the whole outside tread block. That's practically in the sidewall itself.

Yea, I was already planning on replacing the tires soon since they are pretty haggard. The PO of the car did not put many miles on it, so they are most likely rather old. Currently looking for options locally, but costco's tire site is being slow as gently caress.

Anyone run Falken Pro G4 AS tires before? One of the cheaper options from Discount Tire and I liked the Falkens I ran on my old mr2, but that was years ago.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Thirded on the tire. Wife's car picked up one up drat near the exact same spot and nobody would touch it. Too close.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Rhyno posted:

Like BraveUlysses says, buy a Pi3, get a 64gb microSD card and get RetroPi on it and then plug it into your TV/Projector. Its excellant.

You will want a USB joypad. Xbox 360 ones work well or just buy a $10 USB SNES copy controller.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Tomarse posted:

Like BraveUlysses says, buy a Pi3, get a 64gb microSD card and get RetroPi on it and then plug it into your TV/Projector. Its excellant.

You will want a USB joypad. Xbox 360 ones work well or just buy a $10 USB SNES copy controller.

I've been setting up a RetroPie mini console for the past week or so. You can actually get some pretty complete rom sets from Archive.org. Probably took me longer to trim out all the Japanese versions than anything else. But I got to play Columns last night for the first time in probably 15 years (and still suck really badly).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

slurry_curry posted:

Anyone run Falken Pro G4 AS tires before? One of the cheaper options from Discount Tire and I liked the Falkens I ran on my old mr2, but that was years ago.

I got Kumho Solus for our LS, great tires great price.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Those're the tires that are on the wheels I bought a few days ago. Even without a whole lotta tread left, they do a great job! :buddy:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Kumho's have been my go to tire for a while, but it looks like discount doesn't have any in stock locally that would fit. Costco has a special on Michelin tires, but their site won't load to show me what they actually have in stock. At least it's a full size spare, so I don't have to rush to find replacements.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

I think I mentioned I was having issues with my sewer line. Finally got the quote back from the plumber.
$5400 to replace 35' of cast iron sewer pipe with 3" PVC. Most of that is digging, of course - the main sewer line is 6' down. The city wants to inspect the junction when it's exposed, and charge me $500 if it needs to be replaced. WTF? That's their problem, for which I pay taxes. Jerks.
I really would rather spend $5400 on something other than shitpipe....
#homeownerproblems, I guess.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Darchangel posted:

#homeownerproblems, I guess.

That doesn't sound like fun at all. The city part of that made my eye twitch a little.

Unrelated -

At what price point (if ever?) is it worth buying a b6/b7 S4 and just settling in for the long engine pull and insane timing chain r2?
Found this quasi-locally and it's talking to me....
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/20055-b7-audi-s4-sprint-blue/6299349868.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

At what price point (if ever?) is it worth buying a b6/b7 S4 and just settling in for the long engine pull and insane timing chain r2?
Found this quasi-locally and it's talking to me....
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/20055-b7-audi-s4-sprint-blue/6299349868.html

never, unless someone does it for you prior to purchase. Parts alone for timing chains is 3k+ last I heard.

Go for the S5 which I tihnk had a timing belt and thus, not this problem.

edit: and there's even more that could be wrong outside of that. Run far far away. New motor is nooooot cheap.

• Locked thread