Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Sup tread heads:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/HH_Sicaran%20Omega%20Tank%20Destroyer.pdf

Looks better balanced than the missile sicaran, which is basically the sniper vet of tanks, but I don't think I'd take it. The heavy burn really needs two attacks to be worth it, but would be pretty brutal when it hit (especially if you find a way to give it tank hunter). Similar gimmick as the lascannon dodo dread, except I don't think this one has a niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Wow that is really loving bad.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Played a couple games in the past week or so, got utterly and spectacularly owned in both of them because I'm both bad at this game and play the best legion. First was against EC with Fulgrim, I took 3k of Ironwing with the Glaive. The Glaive ruuuuuuled- basically every turn it would pop a transport and fry the unit inside and then also do some incidental damage to another target. Everything else got brutally killed by dreadnoughts. The Malcadors were good though- they kind of remind me of extra derpy/tough/shooty Leman Russes. Pix:

Tonight's game was against Ultramarines to kick off a campaign. I went with Ravenwing and got chewed up pretty good by Suzerains and artillery, but at least challenged his Praetor to death and wiped out his deathstarry squad with just praetor/apoth/chaplain. Dark Angels have really taught me the value of a moral victory. I could have kept the loss narrow or even forced a draw, but lost my Caestus to an incredibly fluky lascannon shot : <

In conclusion, my bad gay legion is a land of contrasts. Thank u for reading.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Gay Legions are Best Legions

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

These pictures all rule. Seeing two fully painted armies slamming ham is always a delight, but always remind me to be bitter that LensFX doesn't exist for Android.

Did Fulgrim manage to accomplish anything?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

tallkidwithglasses posted:

(good content)

In conclusion, my bad gay legion is a land of contrasts. Thank u for reading.

These are some good reps and pics. I agree with your sentiments in Slack and you should either A) add some Crustodes or Б) play Death Guard.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lord_Hambrose posted:

These pictures all rule. Seeing two fully painted armies slamming ham is always a delight, but always remind me to be bitter that LensFX doesn't exist for Android.

Did Fulgrim manage to accomplish anything?

He and some assault marines wailed on my tactical blob but Ironwing isn't a very good matchup for him.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
What do you guys think of my new list? Should I ally in custodes or a knight detachment?

[HQ]
Preator- :pride: of the legion

[Troops]
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets

[Heavy Support]
Arcus sicaran
Arcus sicaran
Arcus sicaran

[LOW]
Typhon

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
u cant bring allies with pride of the legion u chucklefuck

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm in. Preferred enemy douche.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

u cant bring allies with pride of the legion u chucklefuck

Thanks for the feedback. Good point. Going to run a delegatus instead and run chosen duty

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

What do you guys think of my new list? Should I ally in custodes or a knight detachment?

[HQ]

[Troops]
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets

[Heavy Support]
Arcus sicaran
Arcus sicaran
Arcus sicaran

[LOW]
Typhon
Why bother when I've already posted the Supreme List in this very thread?

Safety Factor posted:

Legion: Dark Angels
Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

HQ
Centurion - Delegatus

Elites
Destroyers x 10
Jump packs, melta bombs, two rad missile launchers
Sergeant with a Calibanite Warblade, artificer armor, and one phosphex bomb

Destroyers x 10
Sergeant with a powerfist, artificer armor, and one phosphex bomb

Destroyers x 10

Destroyers x 10

Troops
Veterans x 5
Marksmen

Veterans x 5
Marksmen

Total: 2000 points

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

[HQ]

[Troops]
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets
x10 combi sniper vets

[Heavy Support]
Arcus sicaran
Arcus sicaran
Arcus sicaran

[LOW]
Typhon

Where are the quad mortars

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Why bother when I've already posted the Supreme List in this very thread?

I think you should swap the vets for naked tactical squads. A good heavy support choice for this list would probably be a few whirlwinds. You know. The regular ones.

Also have you considered a thunderhawk transporter for a LOW?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hahah are 10 Destroyers really 435 points?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

:unsmith:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

BULBASAUR posted:

I think you should swap the vets for naked tactical squads.

All non-compulsory Troops choices should be Recon Marines. With shotguns.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Oh, that's only because they're loaded up with the gear that makes them effective. 5 bare-bones destroyers are a mere 150 points. 10 are 250. Add jump packs for 75 points regardless of squad size! What a deal!

:shepicide:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

10 Destroyers are actually just as good as a Knight.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
How about an Earnest List

2500 Death Bunker
Legiones Astartes

Damocles Command Rhino 100

Centurion: Calibanite war blade; power fist; Scimitar Jetbike 125

Primus Medicae: Calibanite war blade; Scimitar Jetbike 150

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Calibanite war blade); 9 Tactical Space Marines 145
Rhino: dozer blade; pintle-mounted multi-melta 55

10 Tactical Space Marines: Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Calibanite war blade); 9 Tactical Space Marines 145
Rhino: dozer blade; pintle-mounted multi-melta 55

10 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; combi-grenade with stasis shells; Calibanite war blade); Marksmen; 9 Veteran Space Marines; 2 × combi-weapon; 2 × meltagun 245

Mortis Dreadnought: 2 twin-linked autocannons 135

Javelin Attack Speeder Squadron
Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta; 2 × hunter-killer missiles 75

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod 115

5 Jetbike Sky Hunters: 5 × heavy bolter (molecular acid shells) 230

8 Heavy Support Marines: Heavy Support Sergeant; 7 Heavy Support Marines; heavy bolters (molecular acid shells) 235

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon
Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: Leviathan siege drill; grav-flux bombard; armoured ceramite 315

Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron
Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array 130
Vindicator: hull-mounted laser destroyer array 130

Allied Fortifications (Age of Darkness)
Wall of Martyrs Imperial Bunker: Ammo Store; Void Shield; Comms Relay 115

2,500 points

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Lol the bunker, you and bulb are obsessed with that coffin.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

What do you guys think of this? I think it's pretty balanced:

WAAC
Legiones Astartes

Magnus the Red: Rite of War (The Guard of the Crimson King) 495

5 Sekhmet Terminators: Sekhmet Inceptor; Cult Arcana; 4 Sekhmet Terminators; 2 × power fist; combi-weapons 290

5 Sekhmet Terminators: Sekhmet Inceptor; Cult Arcana; 4 Sekhmet Terminators; 2 × power fist; combi-weapons 290

10 Sekhmet Terminators: Sekhmet Inceptor; Cult Arcana; 9 Sekhmet Terminators; Tartaros Terminator armour; 3 × power fist; 2 × chainfist; combi-weapons 515

10 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist); Marksmen; Cult Arcana; 9 Veteran Space Marines; Brotherhood of Psykers (Mastery Level 1); 9 × combi-weapon 300

10 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; power fist); Marksmen; Cult Arcana; 9 Veteran Space Marines; Brotherhood of Psykers (Mastery Level 1); 9 × combi-weapon 300

Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta 65

War Machine Detachment
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank: armoured ceramite 415

2,970 points

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
TEMPLATES

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Do 30k games use the 7th edition rulebook missions and psychic powers?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Missions, no. Powers, yes. The differences between 7th 40k and 30k are covered in the opening pages of the latest red books

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
30k also has its own D weapon table, in terms of subtle differences between stock 7th and Glorious Resin Game

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Also obsec and how you can use the LoW slot. There are a whole ton of stupid little things that trip up new players making lists.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

Missions, no. Powers, yes. The differences between 7th 40k and 30k are covered in the opening pages of the latest red books

Yeah I'm not buying the red books I'm looking to give away 7th edition stuff.

If anyone would like a set of 7th edition psychic power cards (in sleeves), PM me. They are free.

If for some reason you also want the maelstrom mission cards, you can have those too

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

What do you guys think of this? I think it's pretty balanced:

WAAC
Legiones Astartes

Magnus the Red: Rite of War (The Guard of the Crimson King) 495

10 Sekhmet Terminators: Sekhmet Inceptor; Cult Arcana; 9 Sekhmet Terminators; Tartaros Terminator armour; 3 × power fist; 2 × chainfist; combi-weapons 515

Javelin Attack Speeder: pintle-mounted multi-melta 65

War Machine Detachment
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank: armoured ceramite 415

2,970 points

I threw up in my mouth.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I dunno, it could be more optimized by using the remaining 30 points on giving the vet sarges combi-weapons.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah I'm not buying the red books I'm looking to give away 7th edition stuff.

If anyone would like a set of 7th edition psychic power cards (in sleeves), PM me. They are free.

If for some reason you also want the maelstrom mission cards, you can have those too

No PMs but I'll taken them.

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 18, 2017

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

30k also has its own D weapon table, in terms of subtle differences between stock 7th and Glorious Resin Game

To be fair this is also entirely optional, and more punishing to most models that dont have EW. There is no 6+D6 unsaveable wounds though, which is a plus.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Ugh, peer pressure. :toxx: to paint an indentured Knight for my Iron Warrriors by next year.

:toxx: Complete! :pcgaming:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

ijyt posted:

Do you want Space Jam on VHS or DVD?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Jesus loving Christ

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Jesus loving Christ

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

ijyt posted:

:dong:

:circlefap:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:popeye: Holy poo poo! :popeye: Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssss :popeye:

:eyepoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

On a more serious note, can you win while also being banned? Asking for a friend.