Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
snapmap isnt a great loss either, loving thing still takes 7 years to load up on pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

DOOM on pc is like, 100GB or something now with the new patches. I wanted to play the game the other day but uninstalled it because 100GB

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's because Doom keeps a record of every single thing every monster does and at what time in career mode. It's like a database

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That's because Doom keeps a record of every single thing every monster does and at what time in career mode. It's like a database

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vikar Jerome posted:

loving skyrim was like 6gigs or something if i recall. i think they know what they are doing.

are you todd howard

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
On the one hand, Bethesda got Skyrim down to 6GB.
On the other hand, Bethesda made Skyrim.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

El Burbo posted:

How is Doom gonna fit on this

Use muddy as poo poo textures, if you look at the video again the game looks pretty drat ugly compared to what Doom looks like on PC.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Weird, why? Achievements or something? Or just a really detailed stats page?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was just lampooning myself

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“s.i.r.e.”" post="“476438061”"]
Use muddy as poo poo textures, if you look at the video again the game looks pretty drat ugly compared to what Doom looks like on PC.
[/quote]

:thunk:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
No clue how I noticed this.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Nintendo Switch: Knee Deep in the Doot confirmed

alright, daisy's top tier now, i admit it

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

raditts posted:

I love that there is an extra package on the eshop that costs $90 more to give you virtual currency
Finally, free to play elements have joined forces with full-priced games

This isn't new.

Vikar Jerome posted:

loving skyrim was like 6gigs or something if i recall. i think they know what they are doing.

anyway, already confirmed single player is all on the cart, multiplayer is download only and there's no snapmap. poo poo will be fine. going by the direct and that article that talks about the custom switch engine they did for doom, they seem to be aiming for 60fps and the textures look like medium. gamma needs tweaking but that might just be the direct video.

Just checked Steam and Skyrim is a bit over 10 gigs to install.

DOOM is 68 gigs. When I uninstalled DOOM I'm pretty sure it freed up over 100 gigs from my SSD.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Skyrim is small because it has three textures and cheats on lighting

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I would actually be super down for the glory kill initiator being an irl punch when you're playing with the two individual joycons

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really hope they took advantage of the HD Rumble for glory kills

Dr Cheeto posted:

On the one hand, Bethesda got Skyrim down to 6GB.
On the other hand, Bethesda made Skyrim.

We should get used to separating Bethesda Softworks the overall company from Bethesda Game Studio the Todd Howard brainchild. The people who made games like DOOM and Wolfenstein have proven to be far more competent at optimization than any Elder Scrolls/Fallout game. If it was Fallout 4 on Switch then I'd be more worried.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got my Octopath Traveler survey. Check your inboxes if you downloaded it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

no.
stop.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Skyrim is small because it has three textures and cheats on lighting

Skyrim has lighting?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
How big is new Vegas, the best game?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Drunk Tomato posted:

How big is new Vegas, the best game?

9448 megabytes according to steam

edit: if NV ever gets released on the switch i want to be able to snipe legions at cottonwood cove from Boone's sniper nest :colbert:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

a.lo posted:

no.
stop.

There can only be one new character/rabbid combo!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

I've seen this one, I just love it when major publishers use images they found on GIS without paying attention.

I'm assuming it wasn't intentional.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I really hope they took advantage of the HD Rumble for glory kills

We should get used to separating Bethesda Softworks the overall company from Bethesda Game Studio the Todd Howard brainchild. The people who made games like DOOM and Wolfenstein have proven to be far more competent at optimization than any Elder Scrolls/Fallout game. If it was Fallout 4 on Switch then I'd be more worried.

Bethesda is a publisher with an in-house development studio also called Bethesda.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Rolo posted:

I've seen this one, I just love it when major publishers use images they found on GIS without paying attention.

I'm assuming it wasn't intentional.

I believe that's actual art (well, minus the "DOOT" part) that they made for the OST.

At least, that's as far as I know since I noticed it in this video (which you should also listen to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Theta Zero posted:

I believe that's actual art (well, minus the "DOOT" part) that they made for the OST.

At least, that's as far as I know since I noticed it in this video (which you should also listen to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNkQMtZAMAw

That's awesome.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
doom loving owns

2016 goty

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I was concerned when I thought buying a Switch because I didn't know if the thing can even play games like Okami, Bayonetta, but then I saw it playing DOOM and I had to seriously consider buying it because DOOM OtG (on the go) seems like a fantastic idea and to even show friends. Looks like an instead buy for me when I eventually get the Switch

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

eonwe posted:

doom loving owns

2016 goty

Watched my brother play it on the PS4 for a bit, he got softlocked in some room where he had to take someone's hand and scan it on a door. restarting meant he'd have had to do the past hour or so over again, so he returned it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

I was concerned when I thought buying a Switch because I didn't know if the thing can even play games like Okami, Bayonetta, but then I saw it playing DOOM and I had to seriously consider buying it because DOOM OtG (on the go) seems like a fantastic idea and to even show friends. Looks like an instead buy for me when I eventually get the Switch

Of course it can play those. Okami came out on Wii and Bayonetta was on Wii U. The Switch is significantly more powerful than both.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

Okami? You thought it wouldn't be able to play a PS2 game?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Toad's a good boy, he would never.

Dumb question. I finished Primrose's path in Octopath Traveler. Do I need to start a new game for the other guy's path?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The joke isn't that he's looking up her skirt!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bean posted:

Dumb question. I finished Primrose's path in Octopath Traveler. Do I need to start a new game for the other guy's path?

You can go into Olberic's area and recruit him and finish some sidequests that he's necessary for, but in order to see his plotline you have to start a new game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Bean posted:

Toad's a good boy, he would never.

was*

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TFRazorsaw posted:

No, it's really not. The series has massive storage issues. They're bloated on pretty much every system - the only difference is that on the Switch it's broken up across the cartridge and multiple downloads.

The PS4 and XB1 versions would make you install it all even with the disks, so... tradeoffs and whatnot.

This isn't the fault of the developers. Blu-Ray has a crap read-rate compared to DVD's, and while it's fine for something like a film that can be buffered it'd be VERY apparent for something grabbing bigass random files and assets across the entire disc constantly. Hence why the mandatory installs exist for everything on PS4 and XBone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Good God, I hope Octopath has a Japanese language option. It's not Xenoblade bad, but it's trying to be.

• Locked thread