Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I saw a ghost rider during reality storm knocked dude down and summoned the horitontal flame pillar just exactly above standing to keep foe from jumping out, dashed in burned the storm for the free level 3 which is the penance stare grab. I thought the whole setup was pretty slick :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
music is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zeSVxYQj3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqNbu2EXO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbryr5hg_NI (fun fact: if you beat the arcade mode with spiderman, you hear his classic theme in the credits)

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Sep 15, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/908669761592098816

The reflect is very funny.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

The reflect is funny, the command grab setup is filthy

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I missed Megaman X4 cutscene chat? I was thinking about X4 the other day and about how sad I was about Iris' death. She's like the one character in the whole series who seemed legit sympathetic and gets completely hosed over.

Then I realize as an adult that the Repliforce were basically genocidal Nazis and Iris before her death was all "I always dreamed of a world where everything is dead except for "our" race. It'd be really good way to build our relationship! We could have emptied the planet for living space....together! :hitler:". Yeah, sad and all but you and your brother probably belong in the dust-bin of history along with others with those kind of harebrained schemes. And you just fought me as a boss! :fuckoff:

The mechanics here look....interesting. It wouldn't surprise me that this game took cues from Smash in trying to bring down execution requirements and allow newbies to feel like Capcom gods
with their buddies. My favorite fighting game for a long time to play online was Dragon Ball Ultimate Tenkaichi, which used straight up simple rock-paper-scissors and cool visuals, just because I could play it effectively even while half-sleep or drunk. I don't have time to learn fighters anymore, so I welcome the pyrotechnics and making it easier to fire them off. I sense people are going to poo poo all over this once it hits the tourney scene tho.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe I'm mistaken, but other than the auto combo stuff it doesn't look like the game has particularly easy execution.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

I guess I mean it seems easier to land big combos. The timing has always been a bit more strict than it looks in older games.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

fadam posted:

Maybe I'm mistaken, but other than the auto combo stuff it doesn't look like the game has particularly easy execution.

It doesn't matter because big combos don't do any damage anyway. I guess they just want you to reset a lot and designed the mechanics to give you canned mixups whenever you want.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's easy to do "big" combos in Marvel. It's hard to do optimal combos and it's VERY hard to play neutral and move well without feeling like a headless chicken. They just made easy things easier, which I mean...a combo in 3 was ABCS jump ABC super (which is a qcf plus two buttons motion) if you really just wanted to play with people.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Having watched for the last few days the hype for this would have been so much greater if this was what they showed initially instead of the garbage E3/Evo/Demo offerings. The combo system is appropriately crazy, things seem to just sort of work in a more freeform way, it looks like a faster, more pressure-based game than before while still giving zoning and area denial characters more tools to compensate.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

CubsWoo posted:

Having watched for the last few days the hype for this would have been so much greater if this was what they showed initially instead of the garbage E3/Evo/Demo offerings. The combo system is appropriately crazy, things seem to just sort of work in a more freeform way, it looks like a faster, more pressure-based game than before while still giving zoning and area denial characters more tools to compensate.

i agree, it's capcom's fault you're all reactionary weirdos.

reality stone is truly bananas and needs a nerf. hopefully some more recovery frames cause it is almost impossible to punish. gonna hear a LOT of "REALITY STONE" in the first few weeks. i imagine what will separate the best from the rest in the beginning will be how well you can deal with it, through spacing or push block reflect.

i've spent a lot of time with captain marvel and gamora so far, both are real good. gamora especially has an insanely high skillcap that i will never reach cause my execution is bad. i've also played a lot of spidey and chun and their offensive pressure is ridiculous, even by marvel standards. hit confirming with spider-man is easier than it's been in any marvel fighter, and chun is so fast that playing her is a little intimidating. will take some time to be able to handle it.

if the reality stone weren't so good i'd be playing more with the time stone. it recovers juuust too slow to be a truly oppressive tool on it's own, but when used in setups or as a movement option (good option to get out of the corner), it is almost as big a game changer as reality. power is probably the purely "solid" option, an offensive and defensive tool that can extend combos and from what i understand people like combos. i think power has a real high skillcap for use, more than reality especially.

lobbies have four stations where people in the room can queue up or hop on an empty one, do either versus or training mode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

well, reality stone may not end up needing to be nerfed because of the potential to be "solved" is there. pushblock reflect timing is not so easy that it trivialized zoning, but it will have an impact on the effectiveness of the reality stone.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Dishwasher posted:

Then I realize as an adult that the Repliforce were basically genocidal Nazis and Iris before her death was all "I always dreamed of a world where everything is dead except for "our" race. It'd be really good way to build our relationship! We could have emptied the planet for living space....together! :hitler:". Yeah, sad and all but you and your brother probably belong in the dust-bin of history along with others with those kind of harebrained schemes. And you just fought me as a boss! :fuckoff:

Repliforce were separatists, not genocidal.
They had no issue with humans other than the fact that were seen as unequal and subservient.

As proven by the fact of when they were framed for the destruction of Sky Lagoon (which was actually done by Sigma and a rogue Hunter), and ordered to surrender and disband without any evidence or due process.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's on Capcom that they developed a game with basically 90% straight rips from their previous games, terrible presentation and didn't do a single public beta other than the bad story mode one. It's also their fault that PR was horrible with bad excuses for not having iconic characters or paring down a lot of traditional Vs. game systems. Everything else, sure, whatever, but it's still pretty early to say how the game will develop because this AHA YOU FUCKS IT'S AMAZING AND YOUR CONCERNS WERE STUPID take happened with both SFxT and SFV, which people have very strong and justified arguments against.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dias posted:

It's on Capcom that they developed a game with basically 90% straight rips from their previous games, terrible presentation and didn't do a single public beta other than the bad story mode one. It's also their fault that PR was horrible with bad excuses for not having iconic characters or paring down a lot of traditional Vs. game systems. Everything else, sure, whatever, but it's still pretty early to say how the game will develop because this AHA YOU FUCKS IT'S AMAZING AND YOUR CONCERNS WERE STUPID take happened with both SFxT and SFV, which people have very strong and justified arguments against.

lol who cares

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
6 Infinity Stones in Decorative Case

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
those are easter eggs

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so how's the netcode

because none of the early access poo poo i've read/watched has gone over it at all

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Hey I heard cams was melting down calm down bro.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

so how's the netcode

because none of the early access poo poo i've read/watched has gone over it at all

I think people with EA can't go online yet.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Dias posted:

I think people with EA can't go online yet.

i know and i'm not surprised but people have gotten early copies from mom and pop stores at this point as well

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

i know and i'm not surprised but people have gotten early copies from mom and pop stores at this point as well

Maybe they're trying to avoid network bans? I dunno, but I haven't heard anything about netcode either.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

General Morden posted:

so how's the netcode

https://twitter.com/fchampryan/status/908783238176370689

Shill or not shill, you decide.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, it's a point towards "not garbage" at least.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They're both norcal right?

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
If it's anything except absolutely god drat awful Tues to Sunday, I will be pleasantly shocked.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Shiki Dan posted:

Repliforce were separatists, not genocidal.
They had no issue with humans other than the fact that were seen as unequal and subservient.

As proven by the fact of when they were framed for the destruction of Sky Lagoon (which was actually done by Sigma and a rogue Hunter), and ordered to surrender and disband without any evidence or due process.

It has been awhile, but you're right. That was the best game in the series, I think.

I think the fact that people are complaining about the roster highlights that current-era Marvel and it's downplaying of mutants (their most iconic property for ages) has done a good job to bring attention to the Avengers and everyone else that people probably didn't give a poo poo about before the Disney films in some areas but still has a LONG way to go in others. No X-Men in Vs. will take a long, long time to get used to even if the archetypes are there. :smith:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Buhbuhj posted:

Hey I heard cams was melting down calm down bro.

great post.

netcode is good but i live in socal and sfv netcode was extremely good for me, so ymmv

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

cams posted:

i agree, it's capcom's fault you're all reactionary weirdos.

reality stone is truly bananas and needs a nerf. hopefully some more recovery frames cause it is almost impossible to punish. gonna hear a LOT of "REALITY STONE" in the first few weeks. i imagine what will separate the best from the rest in the beginning will be how well you can deal with it, through spacing or push block reflect.

i've spent a lot of time with captain marvel and gamora so far, both are real good. gamora especially has an insanely high skillcap that i will never reach cause my execution is bad. i've also played a lot of spidey and chun and their offensive pressure is ridiculous, even by marvel standards. hit confirming with spider-man is easier than it's been in any marvel fighter, and chun is so fast that playing her is a little intimidating. will take some time to be able to handle it.

if the reality stone weren't so good i'd be playing more with the time stone. it recovers juuust too slow to be a truly oppressive tool on it's own, but when used in setups or as a movement option (good option to get out of the corner), it is almost as big a game changer as reality. power is probably the purely "solid" option, an offensive and defensive tool that can extend combos and from what i understand people like combos. i think power has a real high skillcap for use, more than reality especially.

lobbies have four stations where people in the room can queue up or hop on an empty one, do either versus or training mode.
"You're all reactionary weirdos" (said while calling for pre-release, not even day 1 nerfs)

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zand posted:

"You're all reactionary weirdos" (said while calling for pre-release, not even day 1 nerfs)
yeah i said in the post right after that that i was probably being too hasty. good own though. you owned me.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

brand loyalty man calls others weirdos

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

cams posted:

yeah i said in the post right after that that i was probably being too hasty. good own though. you owned me.

:P just razzin you for caring so much about your little toys! haha relax

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyway, can ya'll not quote cams please, for reasons

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Why they call the game "Infinite" when you can't do more than 70% in a combo???

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i don't know why i am always accusing you guys of being defective human beings trying to actively attack people on an internet forum in the name of fighting game elitism, that is obviously not the case

great owns though, i'm owned

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Reiley posted:

Why they call the game "Infinite" when you can't do more than 70% in a combo???

amount of sadness inspired

amount of longing for return of 3v3 and assists

amount of money all of the dlc characters will cost you

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
number of bad posts cams has made

cams
Mar 28, 2003

are the hundreds of posts in this thread exclusively about me good or bad?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm ideologically opposed to judging the quality of posts because, while i only like bad posts, it is impossible that the fault lies with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and it makes me feel bad when people call the things i like bad

• Locked thread