Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mellowjournalism posted:

Generally if you bought premium then you probably want the new guns and thangs you paid for?

I've been playing on some pretty sweet maps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!
drat this parabellum is such a good gun I don't even want to unlock anything else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2rYIXWpeU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

lambskin posted:

drat this parabellum is such a good gun I don't even want to unlock anything else.

Holy poo poo that looks completely ridiculous

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lambskin posted:

:stare:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

e.pilot posted:

Holy poo poo that looks completely ridiculous

It's a chainsaw, it's insanely good. And the new assault submachine gun is also insane. 81 rounds, fast rate of fire, AA sights. The double barrel slug shotgun is a one hit kill from 0-25 yards, just ridiculous.

The verttetti sniper rifle, hot garbage, but i also hate the sights on it.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 9, 2017

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I know this is dumb but I'm irrationally happy that this YouTube compilation video used one of my clips.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOpYjTTVOAk

Starts at 1:54

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
lol that one is still in fact both epic and funny

On one hand I like that dice started putting up short funny clips on the main menu instead of worthless youtuber STRATZ,
On the other hand, our clips are way better :smug:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Lmao strategy videos for BF1 are worthless. Save that poo poo for RTS games. BF1 is more of a hilarious cartoon WW1 simulator, which is why this whole esports push from DICE is stupid. Who the gently caress plays battlefield and thinks "yes I want 5v5 slow paced bullshit." Instead of that they should make 64v64 conquest because that's way more battlefield. Save ~~esports~~ bullshit for CoD

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
2000 point games of conquest are fuckin exhausting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the only way to really enjoy battlefield is to accept that your individual performance has at most a minimal bearing on whether or not your team wins or loses, and that only by letting go of the artificial "victory" can you enjoy the true one: having fun

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

seriously though, if you've reached the point where seeing a couple of your teammates running ahead of you get blown the gently caress up by a tank, bodies ragdolling through the air, makes you go "loving pubbies" instead of "woah that was awesome" then stop making yourself miserable and play something else

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the only way to really enjoy battlefield is to accept that your individual performance has at most a minimal bearing on whether or not your team wins or loses, and that only by letting go of the artificial "victory" can you enjoy the true one: having fun

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

seriously though, if you've reached the point where seeing a couple of your teammates running ahead of you get blown the gently caress up by a tank, bodies ragdolling through the air, makes you go "loving pubbies" instead of "woah that was awesome" then stop making yourself miserable and play something else

Yup.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I'm the guy who is running headfirst with zero caution as fast as I can towards any objective.

High risk. High reward. All fun.

Sometimes I snipe though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I can't get mad at dumb pubbies because more often than not they're on the other team and are easy kills

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This unless you're a high ground edge lord in the assault tank just spamming the spotlight and arcing shots halfway across the map. Then you're doing the lord's work.

Plus you just know the other guys are getting so mad about it.

This match was a 50-1 MVP ops masterpiece. So many spot assists.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/epilot5280/video/36176765

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 10, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Live At Five! posted:

I can't get mad at dumb pubbies because more often than not they're on the other team and are easy kills

Yo we've routinely gotten crazy good pubby medics in recent months that are awesome to have around. If I wasn't half in the bag most days when digging into the game with the krew I'd remember some of their names.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

I love the idea of the obrez but I'm not a huge fan in practice. The frommer owns for mag dumping or finishing people off, obrez is way riskier because if you miss you're hosed. It's too bad, I was looking forward to it.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Live At Five! posted:

I love the idea of the obrez but I'm not a huge fan in practice. The frommer owns for mag dumping or finishing people off, obrez is way riskier because if you miss you're hosed. It's too bad, I was looking forward to it.

coward

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Hey man you don't get to a 3.5 kdr by using things that don't mesh with your playstyle

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The special artillery trucks on Galacia are fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XfuWhvwQkA

I felt good about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7o56j9zBmc

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I think my issues with pubbies stems less from the fact that they die a lot but more from the fact that they are loving useless snipers.

Or they use the landship to sit way at the rear end end of the map to pick up 4 kills instead of pushing in with the infantry and taking the point.

I don't care about bad pubbies. I care about useless pubbies.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
It's ducking painful playing with pubbies.

Last night Yellow and I were playing Operations on the Tsar maps.

24 people on each side, out of that, 14 on our team were snipers. They loving sucked at it too. We lost by a hair on the last point as attackers.
If even half of those snipers were any other class and helped push, we would have won. loving infuriating.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When I see teammates camping in buildings and sniping I dynamite the building. Or if they are just on a hill or something I get in front of them so they can't see.

It is pretty fun and funny.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

When I see teammates camping in buildings and sniping I dynamite the building. Or if they are just on a hill or something I get in front of them so they can't see.

It is pretty fun and funny.

Yeah i got some delightful hate mail by throwing smoke bombs nonstop on the catwalk on Ballroom. Play as support, never resupply anyone but yourself.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Just gonna post this once. Now that clans in Destiny actually do stuff, the OG Battlefield dudes clan is back. :getin:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2334893

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Hamburlgar posted:

It's ducking painful playing with pubbies.

Last night Yellow and I were playing Operations on the Tsar maps.

24 people on each side, out of that, 14 on our team were snipers. They loving sucked at it too. We lost by a hair on the last point as attackers.
If even half of those snipers were any other class and helped push, we would have won. loving infuriating.

Oh haha sorry man i was just working on unlocks and not taking it v seriously-- the pubbies still have to learn the russian maps. I just find it easier to farm things out on operations.

p.s. lol they just gave the medic an AK, i love it

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
two instances of Hungry Joe-esque (read a book) delirium when faced with unsuspecting hordes of enemies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb4GpfCEFXE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCQuEcR3atc

and the saga of a super horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnJ12eO6xHU

get that destiny nonsense outta here :P

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The vitterli infantry is my new favorite gun in the game

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

red19fire posted:

It's just mind boggling to think they had a serviceable battlepack/weapon system in BFH (play game, get 'money', buy the weapons/attachments you want, also there's assignments for some things) (and even BF4 to a certain extent) and completely scrapped it for: All weapon attachments are fixed, random lottery for weapon skins, ridiculous assignments.

I'm a big fan of BFH. Fully customizable weapons/uniforms, the option to play All Maps servers, and the Blood Money game mode. EA abandoned the game pretty early on tho :/

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fleetwood posted:

I'm a big fan of BFH. Fully customizable weapons/uniforms, the option to play All Maps servers, and the Blood Money game mode. EA abandoned the game pretty early on tho :/

BFH came out at a pretty uh... let's call it "lovely" time to release a video game starring cops murdering people (even more so than any other time) so quietly leaving it by the wayside was as much a PR move as it was a return to the franchise arc. My buddies in the industry (Nintendo Uncles and Aunts) were intrigued that it did as well for as long as it did.

Great times tonight y'all, I'm still uh, boggled by the fact that the reticle for the double barrel shotty doesn't align with the actual graphic of the gun. Seems like an unusual oversight for dice

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Ol Standard Retard posted:

BFH came out at a pretty uh... let's call it "lovely" time to release a video game starring cops murdering people (even more so than any other time) so quietly leaving it by the wayside was as much a PR move as it was a return to the franchise arc. My buddies in the industry (Nintendo Uncles and Aunts) were intrigued that it did as well for as long as it did.

Great times tonight y'all, I'm still uh, boggled by the fact that the reticle for the double barrel shotty doesn't align with the actual graphic of the gun. Seems like an unusual oversight for dice

Nah I've seen lots of patch notes where they had to fix alignment of sights and reticles.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lawnie posted:

Nah I've seen lots of patch notes where they had to fix alignment of sights and reticles.

huh OK, cool. I've just never noticed it before or I guess not so pronounced as it is with the Trouble Barrel. which is what I'm calling it from now on.

e: also great job providing a synthesis of my two forum communities in C-SPAM, Fleetwood lmao

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 14, 2017

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

:angel:

lol I was wondering if anyone here would notice

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
It is a loving tragedy that you can't have more than one guy impaled on your lance at once.

https://i.imgur.com/AvRA7FW.gifv

:regd07:

https://i.imgur.com/52oCvDu.gifv

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

I would counter that shooting an rpg at a cop car while blasting Public Enemy is the greatest achievement of video games.

holy poo poo the maps were awful combined with no fun counter-camper measures it felt like a lovely battlefield 4.5 rather than a full game.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I like to drive the troop carrier vehicle running over hapless wanderers. It's good times. The gadgets are pretty cool.

The vanilla maps do feel uninspired sometimes, but the expansion maps (which are dead now) really have an action movie quality to them.

It's at the point now where if I see certain players on the opposing team, I know to switch over or leave for another server.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Other than Rupture and De Vaux I just can't get in to the expansion maps.

e: oh and soissons was just amazing on frontlines before they added the time limits, I once had a three hour back and forth battle there that saw both sides down to one telegraph. Hands down the best round of BF1 I've ever played.

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yeah expansion generally is lackluster, Vaux forever though. Vanilla still fuckin rules! I could play empire's edge (BUTTNAVY) or Amiens or ballroom for hours and hours. Really just gently caress Suez.

Waifu is outta town again next week and with luck we won't get JOSE'D here so I'll be around a lot! Also tomorrow night.