Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Cat update: she drinks by putting her paw into the water and then licking it off.

im sorry your cat is broken, caveat emptor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Smash players smell like poo poo, why would you want to live with them.
if you sit in your poo poo smelling Smash chamber all day then it's clean houses that smell like poo poo to you, think about it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i don't think weird internet lies are exclusive to smash

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Not just smash players, extreme hardcore fans of anything like that get super weird.

I remember reading an article about a similar kind of house live-in situation with a group of people who took on the identities of FF7 characters.

Mental health is a big deal.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Whoever said Samus Returns is bad is...actually bad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Cat update: she drinks by putting her paw into the water and then licking it off.

One of my cats is too stupid to drink like a cat, he laps it up like a dog against the side of the bowl and spills EVERYWHERE. God bless him.

My other cat has a perfect technique but dumb cat is who he is.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Heh, if you sit on the title screen of Samus Returns long enough the music includes the original part of the GB game's title screen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

Smash players smell like poo poo, why would you want to live with them.

Why not?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Samus Returns is very good but if it had customizable controls for d pad movement and toggle/hold settings for missiles and spiderball it'd be :discourse:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

like, i know i'm old as gently caress and all that, but this entire story might as well be written in a different language. or an Onion article. there are houses full of people who competitively play the nintendo game for casuals and children about pikachu beating up mario. i mean this is just wow to me. i know homeless junkies and that lifestyle is more comprehensible to me than this. seriously!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Am I being a contrarian in thinking Horizon would be better with less RPG elements? When I hit a dude in the head with an arrow I want him to keel over and die, not take a critical hit and alert all his buddies.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

precision posted:

like, i know i'm old as gently caress and all that, but this entire story might as well be written in a different language. or an Onion article. there are houses full of people who competitively play the nintendo game for casuals and children about pikachu beating up mario. i mean this is just wow to me. i know homeless junkies and that lifestyle is more comprehensible to me than this. seriously!
yes, sometimes people get together and have fun. shocking, i know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Am I being a contrarian in thinking Horizon would be better with less RPG elements? When I hit a dude in the head with an arrow I want him to keel over and die, not take a critical hit and alert all his buddies.

Yeah different rules for bots and humans would have been perfect

wuggles posted:

Whoever said Samus Returns is bad is...actually bad.

Its not bad, its controls are stupid and worse than zero mission which id rather be playing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

fun is for casuals

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Regular Gamer: "I love video games!"

Pro Melee Player: "I love video games. No but like, LOVE love video games. No, you're weird"

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Endorph posted:

competitive smash doesn't look like a lot of fun

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tag youre fat posted:

competitive smash doesn't look like a lot of fun

If you pick Marth and master all of two buttons you will be the champion of any smash tournament

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CpRCc4Jre8

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think that the Super Smash Bros series is fun and cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The new Splatoon map is awesome. Well it's not new per se but it's in 2 now.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I haven't played a Smash game since Brawl

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

DLC Inc posted:

people ordered this for $200 and Capcom downgraded every aspect of it

https://twitter.com/ScottVengeance/status/908438965790892035

I'd rather have tiny stones that sparkled than larger speckled eggs laid from the Infinity Chicken.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hyper light drifter is a good game. i enjoy the act of hyper light drifting

that soccer kid is a dick though

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm using Battlefield 1 as my podcast game and it feels too modern in its forced automatic gunplay

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Samuringa posted:

I don't mind that but I really wish it didn't have any of the random drop bullshit for crafting. At least when Far Cry has you hunt stuff you always get the thing you're looking for. In Horizon I spend like 15 minutes shooting salmon by the side of a lake trying to get a a fish bone or whatever.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

Yeah I kinda feel that way too.

Edit - Also completely unrelated to anything but apparently Yogscast does a weekly X-Com stream with two of their members playing the games and they've turned that into a whole YouTube channel. It's kinda perfect if you like XCom let's plays because they play all the different X-Com & XCom titles over the decades and basically just faff about in their own special way.

It's good fun.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 16, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

those aren't the real infinity gems

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Endorph posted:

That seems a bit reductive from "moving in to an apartment with several people you don't know based solely on a shared interest in a specific video game"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Competitive gamers are loving nuts.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Grapplejack posted:

OTOH you've got Yosuke, who is very clearly gay and is desperately trying not to admit that to himself or deal with those feelings, which also explains his reactions to Kanji and his need to constantly prove himself as a normal het dude.

actually, the characters are just poorly written because the head writer is a sheltered homophobe hth

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man, the Mercy and D.Va nerfs can't come soon enough. One game was enough to remind me why I don't play Overwatch lately.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 16, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yosuke is the least of persona 4's issues but also i doubt they were even attempting any kind of nuanced take on sexuality with him at all, and if they were then they failed to do literally anything with it

persona 4 will always have a place in my heart though cause i like the music and it's the first jrpg i really beat

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 16, 2017

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Lizard Wizard posted:

She's a kitten, not a squitten.

anything can be a squid

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yo True Gaming Gamers is there a good recommendation for a left-handed/ambidextrous mouse that's good for gaming games? I have a Razer Taipan but the left-click is getting fuckin' weird (sometimes doesn't register, sometimes just double-clicks for no reason) and it's very frustrating.

This happened to my last mouse too which was also a Razer, are Razer mice secretly cheap poo poo?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Zowie FK has been my standby for years now. It's a very good, simple mouse with a symmetrical design and side buttons on both sides.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy poo poo dude that john woo game is so fuckin' amazing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
IT SURE IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzolI_6WCLs&t=1118s

For those that don't know, I played Stranglehold on a stream the other day and it was truly amazing

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 16, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stranglehold was one of only about three PS3 games that still had region protection because it contained Hard Boiled on bluray as well.

I've tried to play it a couple of times and never got very far :/

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Zetsubou-san posted:

anything can be a squid

you're a kiwi now

you're a squiwi now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

i received my physical copy of ys 8 5 days after release after i had tried three separate times to cancel the order

thanks amazon

• Locked thread