Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I bought a PS2 basically to play FFX but I was getting way more into PC at the time, so the only other games I ever bought for the system were X-2, Xenosaga I & II, Silent Hill 2, Soul Reaver 2/3 and SotC. Well that's my story, thanks for listening folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
So, I wound up buying Nier Automata on sale on PSN the other day. I made it to the sewer, went to casually fish for a while, not thinking the lead pipe will show up. Fucker shows up on the literal first cast into the water :psyduck: I don't know what god blessed me, but I am happy to have a rotting metal pipe to beat poo poo over the head with. Granted, upgrading the fucker is gonna be another story entirely.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Would the Dishonored definitive edition be worth my while if I normally dislike FPS on console but have fond memories of Thief from like 15 years ago?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Roshambo posted:

I'm thinking about purchasing a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for PS4.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/us/Stea...lxoC4KEQAvD_BwE

I want to know what the chances are it will work for my Windows PC as well, but every site I look at has it listed for only PlayStation products.

If it won't work I would ask for alternative options for a wireless PC/PS4 headset.

best to dig through reviews and questions on amazon etc. Thankfully you can search those now.

But I'd maybe consider other headsets. There's a slew of options for the Ps4

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i guess that depends on why you dislike FPS on console, but i am a stan for the Arkane games and really love their level design and the powers in dishonored and dishonored 2 are heck of fun to me. i think the game controls absolutely fine with a controller if that's your issue

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Would the Dishonored definitive edition be worth my while if I normally dislike FPS on console but have fond memories of Thief from like 15 years ago?

It's a great game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Dishonored isn't remotely an FPS, you should have a blast.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one thing arkane gets super right about dishonored that other thief clones do not seem to get is that it isnt explicitly about alternate routes but (gently caress i can barely say this word because of call of duty) they really understand utilizing verticality in maps

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

rabidsquid posted:

i think the game controls absolutely fine with a controller if that's your issue

It's mostly this and - in the case of games like New Order - weird, headache-inducing camera movement, though that's not a gripe specific to consoles. I'll check it out.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Roshambo posted:

I'm thinking about purchasing a Turtle Beach Stealth 600 for PS4.

https://www.turtlebeach.com/us/Stea...lxoC4KEQAvD_BwE

I want to know what the chances are it will work for my Windows PC as well, but every site I look at has it listed for only PlayStation products.

If it won't work I would ask for alternative options for a wireless PC/PS4 headset.

The PS Gold headset isn't too bad. I grabbed the Uncharted 4 matte blue edition for $69 a few months back when Gamestop were clearing them out and they look great and aren't bad for the price. I think you can get those for under $70 on sale periodically. $99 is a little steep, but $70 is well worth it. You have to use Windows 10's built in VSS when connected to your PC. The PS4's VSS isn't too bad, but not as good as my Turtle Beach XP510's.

On the Amazon page for the Stealth 600, someone asked if they work on PC as well and Turtle Beach answered: "Stealth 600 for Playstation 4 may work on your PC setup but this configuration is not supported by Turtlebeach."

So they may work, but I'd assume any VSS would have to be through Windows 10 (like the PS Gold).

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 16, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So I'm into Destiny 2 much further than I ever got in 1 and further into any MMO-like thing other than Phantasy Star Online 2 and wondering, is it normal in MMO-like things for "common" weapons to actually be rare and "rare" weapons common most of the time? The game throws rare and legendary weapons at you nonstop while common and uncommon ones basically never appear anymore. It's fine with me I guess, but the nomenclature is a little unituitive.

edit: exotic equipment is still somewhat rarer but I already have five pieces of it. It's probably good that you're only allowed to equip one exotic weapon and one armor piece at a time though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 16, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pretty much, like anything that requires the least bit of effort in a MMO will be a blue or whatever. Its sort of like in gacha games how the lowest rarity is still called "rare", just a trick to make you think you're winning the slot machine

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at the end of destiny 1 they changed it so once you hit a certain light (or something, not 100% on the trigger) any green or white weapons and armor just got auto-converted to parts when you ran over them. not sure if they kept that but it could be what you are seeing

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

at the end of destiny 1 they changed it so once you hit a certain light (or something, not 100% on the trigger) any green or white weapons and armor just got auto-converted to parts when you ran over them. not sure if they kept that but it could be what you are seeing
Oh, that could be it maybe.

edit: it would be cool if the game let you know how much a particular item of equipment was in use in the game in place of an artificial "rarity" label.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

So my PS+ account expired a few days ago because I haven't been using my PS4 at all in the past ~6 months or so. I just hooked it back up and now I'm getting an error that makes me want to smash the loving thing against my loving wall.

Hooked my PS4 up to my wifi, go into the store, re-add my current credit card, no problem. Purchase 3 months of PS+ with said credit card, no problem. Have a few issues adding Destiny 2 to my cart, but get it in there, proceed to checkout, do the drat thing, it immediately says my credit card information is invalid. I just tried two of my credit cards AND my PayPal account. I tried on the PS4 itself, AND on Playstation's online store on my laptop. What the gently caress is wrong with my information? I updated all of my billing addresses, and I was able to purchase the PS+ membership with the SAME loving card. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm also having the issue where my Amazon Video isn't loading at all. It's been sitting on the stupid loading circle for ten minutes now trying to get to a show's season information with nothing. Doesn't load any pictures in the program. It's like a 2.5 year old PS4 but it still should be able to loving purchase things especially since I JUST purchased PS+.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, that could be it maybe.

edit: it would be cool if the game let you know how much a particular item of equipment was in use in the game in place of an artificial "rarity" label.

i dont exactly understand what you're saying but considering that there are really only a few different item sets per class i dont think that would be super helpful, if i am getting you here.

the rarity rating might be "artificial" but its a substitute for teaching you how gear works so its really not? like a green item wont have any options, it pops out and it's always exactly one line across. a blue gun may have different scopes you can choose from and will have a special ability like "automatically reloads part of the magazine when you're critical health" or "stacking damage bonus on kills up to three." a purple item might spawn with a purple mod in it which is a nice +5 to the power, and purple defensive items sometimes let you swap around the bonus stats they give to give you a different spread. exotics are similar to greens in that you have no selection with them at all but they always have a special thing that they do.

so yeah okay exotic isn't ~exotic~ but when you recognize the rarity tier of gear is teaching you what can be on that great it makes sense and if you change it from rarity to some other word it doesnt really change anything.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some of the exotics are in fact exotic, like the game does have a fuckton of them that you can get through the story progression and through post-campaign questlines but there are a bunch that are still pure RNG or gated behind stuff like the new raid.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Johnny Truant posted:

So my PS+ account expired a few days ago because I haven't been using my PS4 at all in the past ~6 months or so. I just hooked it back up and now I'm getting an error that makes me want to smash the loving thing against my loving wall.

Hooked my PS4 up to my wifi, go into the store, re-add my current credit card, no problem. Purchase 3 months of PS+ with said credit card, no problem. Have a few issues adding Destiny 2 to my cart, but get it in there, proceed to checkout, do the drat thing, it immediately says my credit card information is invalid. I just tried two of my credit cards AND my PayPal account. I tried on the PS4 itself, AND on Playstation's online store on my laptop. What the gently caress is wrong with my information? I updated all of my billing addresses, and I was able to purchase the PS+ membership with the SAME loving card. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm also having the issue where my Amazon Video isn't loading at all. It's been sitting on the stupid loading circle for ten minutes now trying to get to a show's season information with nothing. Doesn't load any pictures in the program. It's like a 2.5 year old PS4 but it still should be able to loving purchase things especially since I JUST purchased PS+.

I should probably put something about PSN billing in the OP, not that anyone reads those.

Credit cart and the PSN store etc is hosed. Details have to be exactly and there's often something arbitrary like st. vs street, caps lock even, that you're missing. Best alternative is to to buy gift cards on amazon and such. If you want to use your CC then look at your tax documents and try that address exactly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

i dont exactly understand what you're saying but considering that there are really only a few different item sets per class i dont think that would be super helpful, if i am getting you here.

the rarity rating might be "artificial" but its a substitute for teaching you how gear works so its really not? like a green item wont have any options, it pops out and it's always exactly one line across. a blue gun may have different scopes you can choose from and will have a special ability like "automatically reloads part of the magazine when you're critical health" or "stacking damage bonus on kills up to three." a purple item might spawn with a purple mod in it which is a nice +5 to the power, and purple defensive items sometimes let you swap around the bonus stats they give to give you a different spread. exotics are similar to greens in that you have no selection with them at all but they always have a special thing that they do.

so yeah okay exotic isn't ~exotic~ but when you recognize the rarity tier of gear is teaching you what can be on that great it makes sense and if you change it from rarity to some other word it doesnt really change anything.
Yeah, that's really all I mean, that calling it "rarity" is misleading since it's about the weapon's attributes.

The colors are useful though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samuringa posted:

God, a Zone of the Enders with the current technology would be a spectacle to behold.

It apparently almost existed, until Kojima had to un-gently caress the HD ports of ZoE 1&2.

Bust Rodd posted:

Edit: the plot of Orphen is basically "what if you were on the hit TV show LOST, but you were a wizard and everyone else is completely and utterly useless"

The Orphen anime series is actually a pretty decent fantasy adventure. Well, the first season is anyway. It wraps everything up with a nice neat bow, and then the second season just kinda shits the bed by existing and being utterly boring.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

There's still a free demo of Dish 2 on PSN.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Bought Risen 3 PS4 edition for 5 bucks. Regretted it at first but now that its opened up I...actually like it. The combat is poo poo but I didn't care for combat in the Witcher games and I played the poo poo out of them (at least 1 and 3. I keep bouncing off Assassin Of Kings).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

That was actually the second Matrix game, in 2005.
The first Matrix game was Enter the Matrix in 2003, and it was ten times clunkier, starring a bunch of irrelevant side characters doing irrelevant stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1OsyY7wis

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I remember buying into the second Matrix movie hype and that game.

Only good thing that came out of the whole lot were a couple of the Animatrix shorts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HGH posted:

The first Matrix game was Enter the Matrix in 2003, and it was ten times clunkier, starring a bunch of irrelevant side characters doing irrelevant stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE1OsyY7wis

Enter the Matrix was also buggy as poo poo. I once had it crash to a debug command line in the freeway level.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Same here, except for a rooftop chase. It happened so often I thought my CD was scratched and quit the game for a year before it just magically worked one day.
Wasn't worth coming back to it because gently caress every driving level in that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't remember any glitches but I'm pretty sure it was one of the lovely driving levels that made me quit it yeah.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All this talk reminds me of that weird DieHard game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The FPS that started off on the GameCube?

E: huh weird it was always GC exclusive in the US the PS2/Xbox versions only came out in Europe.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

All this talk reminds me of that weird DieHard game

Was it with the driving parts ramming bombs all around the city? I had it on PC and was drat weird. They mixed die hard 2 and 3,can't remember stuff from the first but it was like a bunch of different games hacked together.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was probably Die Hard Trilogy, the first movie was a top down shooter.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 16, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

HGH posted:

No, dude I was responding to said Matrix: Path of Neo, so I posted a video of Matrix: Path of Neo. kthx

Guillermus posted:

Was it with the driving parts ramming bombs all around the city? I had it on PC and was drat weird. They mixed die hard 2 and 3,can't remember stuff from the first but it was like a bunch of different games hacked together.

Die Hard Trilogy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

The FPS that started off on the GameCube?

E: huh weird it was always GC exclusive in the US the PS2/Xbox versions only came out in Europe.

Die Hard: Vendetta. And I guarantee the only thing you'll ever remember of the game is repeatedly accidentally activating Hero Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItneaCQEKs

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

No, dude I was responding to said Matrix: Path of Neo, so I posted a video of Matrix: Path of Neo. kthx
Ok, just confused cause you said "Start of the PS2 gen" when I feel like 2005 is when it started to wind down.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I unironically enjoyed enter the matrix for a few reasons. The one legitimately great thing about the game was the hacking minigame you could do to access hidden features. The other thing that was flawed but I personally enjoyed was the hand to hand combat system once you understood how combos and counters worked. All the vehicle sections can go straight to hell though.

edit: I however did play on the xbox which may have been less borked than the other platforms though I have no evidence of this.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Die Hard 2 was a light gun game and it was fantastic

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I rented Enter the Matrix and it actually crashed in multiple ways on my PS2. At the time I thought that sort of poo poo was PC only - console games don't crash! Or require updates and add-ons!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I played Enter the Matrix to death but for some reason skipped Path of Neo even though I heard it was 10 times better.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Matrix was uncool by the year 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I couldn't beat the Enter the Matrix highway level without cheating, the friendly AI was just too bad.