Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

It does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mister Facetious posted:

Good God, I hope Octopath has a Japanese language option. It's not Xenoblade bad, but it's trying to be.

The demo already has one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think the voice acting in Octopath is fine but it’s also unnecessary. It’s awkward to have it in a game with 16bit looking characters just standing around and just kills the pacing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you turn on the Japanese language option in Octopath and talk to the troublemaker guy in the top left of the town he does the Tim Allen grunt.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Sakurazuka posted:

If you turn on the Japanese language option in Octopath and talk to the troublemaker guy in the top left of the town he does the Tim Allen grunt.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm pretty excited for Octopath. I found a lot to do in the demo with just the small handful of areas and two characters. I liked how the weaknesses and out of battle skills made the individual characters in your party matter a lot, so I'm looking forward to seeing that dialed up to 8 characters in the final product.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Imagine... the red joycons with this

and using it to play Stardew Valley yesssss

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

spit on my clit posted:

are you todd howard

you'll see when the elder scrolls 6: akavir releases with our revolutionary new engine, the snakebyro. complete with our NPC AI radiance so advance that the npcs are actual living people, complete with souls, within the game. they really feel, they really bleed and they think in this real breathing digital world we have created.

the entire game will be 3gigs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

DOOM on pc is like, 100GB or something now with the new patches. I wanted to play the game the other day but uninstalled it because 100GB

haha no its not. it's 67GB on my hard drive right now and like most of that is because of multiplayer and updates and poo poo. they will fit the single player game on a game card no problem and you'll have to get an sd card if you want multiplayer (but i dont know why you would cos its poo poo)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

i hope the switch reaches nes levels and we get more slightly downgraded backward ports which become so popular that the switch versions are the only versions anyone remembers existing.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Primrose's actress is very good. I still skipped over the majority of voice acting because it just slows things down when you can read the dialogue boxes instead, but I do that in most games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

Good God, I hope Octopath has a Japanese language option. It's not Xenoblade bad, but it's trying to be.

It does!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Wendell posted:

Primrose's actress is very good. I still skipped over the majority of voice acting because it just slows things down when you can read the dialogue boxes instead, but I do that in most games.

Yeah I skipped a lot but the difference in her speech when she's speaking to the tavern owner and speaking to everyone else is pretty great work.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Frankston posted:

Imagine... playing Stardew Valley

It's never coming out

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Starduke Valley Forever

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my brother's cat is asking if he can use the switch

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So the Mario Odyssey amiibos kinda give away that you can play as Peach and Bowser huh

Also why is a little harvest moon clone causing so much drama and so hard to port to the switch

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

SMO is only 5.7GB according to the Japanese page.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Calaveron posted:

So the Mario Odyssey amiibos kinda give away that you can play as Peach and Bowser huh

Also why is a little harvest moon clone causing so much drama and so hard to port to the switch

It's not causing drama and not hard to port. The port is done and in final stages of approval to go up on the eShop. There's just two poo poo posters who ask about it every page.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Calaveron posted:

It’s good and when

[quote="“Al Borland Corp.”" post="“476454208”"]
It’s not causing drama and not hard to port. The port is done and in final stages of approval to go up on the eShop. There’s just two poo poo posters who ask about it every page.
[/quote]

Rude

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Any word on what happened to Pan Pan? It was set to release a few days ago, and then on release day, the eshop web page was pulled.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pan-pan-a-tiny-big-adventure-switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Out in Australia and a lot of fun

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Out in Europe too, I've been playing it a bit. It's a bit obtuse but drat satisfying when you figure stuff out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

roffels posted:

Any word on what happened to Pan Pan? It was set to release a few days ago, and then on release day, the eshop web page was pulled.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pan-pan-a-tiny-big-adventure-switch

Word is he is fat and he fell on you...

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started playing I am Setsuna. Is the entire game going to be trying to be melancholy? This is supposed to be a full length JPRG, right, so I dunno if I'm up for 40 hours of sad music and snow falling off pine trees.

Guy Goodbody fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Sep 16, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guy Goodbody posted:

I started playing I am Setsuna. Is the entire game going to be trying to be melancholy? This is supposed to be a full length JPRG, right, so I dunno if I'm up for 40 hours of sad music and snow falling off pine trees.

I believe the piano tune you are hearing constitutes the majority of the game's soundtrack, so

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It's not causing drama and not hard to port. The port is done and in final stages of approval to go up on the eShop. There's just two poo poo posters who ask about it every page.

I’m sorry to talk about a game I am excited to play on my Nintendo Switch in this, the Nintendo Switch thread.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I’m sorry to talk about a game I am excited to play on my Nintendo Switch in this, the Nintendo Switch thread.

You asked a question and he answered it you little baby.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't wait to play Doom again on my Switch.

Here's a preview of me playing Doom on the Switch:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 16, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Octopath Traveller's pretty neat. I love how the Bosses are rendered as big detailed sprites to set them apart from regular enemies and characters in-battle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yes

The music is fine for five minutes and then you want to stab your ears out

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

You don't actually think they'd let us play as Bowser do you lmao

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

you get to play as luigi though, right?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

poo poo I'd love a 3D mario game where you play as Bowser in some ridiculous Dungeon Keeper / Overlord strategy game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Macaluso posted:

You don't actually think they'd let us play as Bowser do you lmao

Why would the amiibo unlock Bowser's Wedding outfit though, who's gonna wear it

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

poo poo I'd love a 3D mario game where you play as Bowser in some ridiculous Dungeon Keeper / Overlord strategy game

I would accept it with Rabbids if that's what it takes

Modus Pwnens fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 16, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes

Huh, didn't know Kir's voice was considered music.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

Why would the amiibo unlock Bowser's Wedding outfit though, who's gonna wear it

Rabbid Bowser

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Doom's multiplayer was outsourced to some former Bungie devs and dear god does it show. Slow rear end floaty jumping, only two guns at once, a multiplayer announcer who appears to have been heavily sedated. And Bethesda went all in on the multiplayer aspect with the DLC is the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes

Does Setsuna get better? At the start she's so one-note tragically perfect and perfectly tragic I can't imagine ever actually caring about what happens to her.

• Locked thread