Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

FAUXTON posted:

He takes them on fishing trips and brings police officers along. If it’s easy to hate the uniform, it’s harder to hate the person who helped you reel in your first bass. 

Son, whatever you do, don't hook that cop on your cast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Grognan posted:

Hot take: the judge and prosecution were sandbagging because persecuting cops like they were citizens happens like never.

For gently caress's sake, cops are civilians. It's when they start thinking that they're not that trouble starts.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

The city attorney is black and campaigned on reform.

The gently caress does skin color have to do with failing to successfully prosecute this incident?

Pretty sure cops still get different treatment when they get caught loving up.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sexual Lorax posted:

For gently caress's sake, cops are civilians. It's when they start thinking that they're not that trouble starts.

Turns out trouble's been starting the last few years pretty hardcore.

Hmm....

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I like that cops have an easier time legally killing unarmed people than the US military has legally killing the Taliban in Afghanistan.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Even after trump shortened the kill chain

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's worth noting that Buffalo of all places went more than four years without a fatal police shooting, thanks in part to good luck, good training, and a focused effort on working with the community.

Although they did have to hit someone with an SUV last year because they have only a handful of tasers (like literally only 8 or something for the whole PD).

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Harry Dean Stanton died :smith:

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Just released: hardcore history's take on the 2020 elections and fallout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYeTmHHZQM

My mind boggles at the work that went into making this.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Grognan posted:

The gently caress does skin color have to do with failing to successfully prosecute this incident?

Pretty sure cops still get different treatment when they get caught loving up.
There's no indication the prosecutor was anything less than 100% interested in getting a guilty verdict. They were pretty aggressive in pursuing their case.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
get hosed
get hosed
get hosed
get hosed
get hosed

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/908866573011693568

Temporary, but still. Also, for what it's worth, McCain debuted an official amendment to the NDAA to officially block the transgender ban. Unclear how many votes it will get and if it will stay in the NDAA and make all of this dumb poo poo moot.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mattis makes me think Marines might be all right.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LingcodKilla posted:

Mattis makes me think Marines might be all right.

Please don't let one good apple erase more than two centuries of tradition.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

at the date posted:

Please don't let one good apple erase more than two centuries of tradition.

As soon as I typed that some E2 probably raped a Japanese school girl.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's worth noting that Buffalo of all places went more than four years without a fatal police shooting, thanks in part to good luck, good training, and a focused effort on working with the community.

This is great considering that Buffalo is both extremely poor and has a significantly high Black population.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
The protests in St. Louis are wild

quote:

A total of 9 police officers had been reported injured as of 9 p.m., including one officer with a dislocated shoulder and an officer with a possible broken jaw, Acting Police Chief Lawrence O'Toole said shortly after midnight Saturday, appearing with Krewson in a video. A Highway Patrol trooper was also reported injured.
By early evening, protesters had dissipated from downtown and were gathering in the Central West End. They filled the streets there as they marched through the neighborhood, their number growing to what appeared to be more than a thousand. At one point, they tried to enter Forest Park but were stopped by police. By nightfall, protesters were marching south on Kingshighway toward Highway 40 (Interstate 64), some chanting: "If you kill our kids, we kill your economy!"
From a friend on Facebook:

quote:

So, we are currently trapped in a synagogue. The police have teargas at the exits and said anyone who leaves gets it. And if we make it past them, we will be arrested, because someone supposedly threw a brick at a cop and ran in here, soooo yea, now we are all stuck. Not sure if the brick part is true, but sounds like it, because they chased a group into here before we locked the doors.
We are, but we literally can't get to our car safely and the synagogue is closing at midnight. We need a ride to our car or we will be gassed, shot or arrested no doubt. They are still gassing and shooting rubber
Yes! We just got to our car safely, we hitched a ride from someone at the synagogue. They were so great and so accommodationing, I can't thank them enough for opening their doors to all of us and refusing the police. We are going to try to drive through all the gas and stuff now, we already had to go through it once and it got in the car and people are throwing rocks at cars now, it's a mess.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Personal responsibility and all but this judge sure hosed up. Hope he's proud of himself.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Casimir Radon posted:

Maybe if tou dropped acid first.

Manning got kicked out her dad's house by her stepmom. Joined the army because she's an idiot. Had a few serious security violations early on. Was still brought to Iraq because that's what happens when you fight forever wars and chase away everyone who is talented and reliable. There, she routinely showed up to work late until she was punished with extra duty, and responded to this by flipping over a table full of laptops and punching her female supervisor in the face. Then she hands over tens of thousands of classified documents to a foreign national who tells her that maybe collaborators deserve to die. None of these were curated or redacted in any way, just dumped on mass because she was mad at the army.

Edit: Foreign national in question was Assange. Russian agent, rapist, and all around sociopath.

She makes Eddie Slovik look like a sympathetic character. At least he was scared of a real possibility of dying in combat. Chelsea was a glorified computer janitor with a security clearance.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Harry Dean Stanton died :smith:

This is the worst news of the day. Dude was a veteran of the battle of Okinawa. RIP.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Sep 16, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/FOX2now/status/908818921079291905

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41285474

US can go gently caress themselves

quote:

Lt Gen Pierre St-Amand told the national defence committee in Ottawa there is no policy that requires the US to aid Canada in any nuclear attack.

Hope you start paying out the rear end for lumber and quality beef that doesn't have growth hormones

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Manning got kicked out her dad's house by her stepmom. Joined the army because she's an idiot. Had a few serious security violations early on. Was still brought to Iraq because that's what happens when you fight forever wars and chase away everyone who is talented and reliable. There, she routinely showed up to work late until she was punished with extra duty, and responded to this by flipping over a table full of laptops and punching her female supervisor in the face. Then she hands over tens of thousands of classified documents to a foreign national who tells her that maybe collaborators deserve to die. None of these were curated or redacted in any way, just dumped on mass because she was mad at the army.

Yeah but she was punching up. It is entirely acceptable for trans people to punch up at their oppressors, including superior officers. Imagine if MLK tried to fight for civil rights without flipping over tables of laptops.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Hope you start paying out the rear end for lumber and quality beef that doesn't have growth hormones

What the gently caress? Isn't that the whole loving point of NATO and NORAD?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I honestly can't foresee a circumstance where Canada gets nuked and the USA doesn't. The only scenario I can think of would be some Rooksie/Nork nuke going haywire and smashing into the Canadian tundra instead of the lower 48.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I honestly can't foresee a circumstance where Canada gets nuked and the USA doesn't. The only scenario I can think of would be some Rooksie/Nork nuke going haywire and smashing into the Canadian tundra instead of the lower 48.

I know, and if anything like that did happen I know the states would retaliate, but its loving retarded that some guy said that, or was told to say that. Our relationship (politically and economically) is getting pretty strained lately and stuff like that is unnecessary and doesn't help anyone.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I know, and if anything like that did happen I know the states would retaliate, but its loving retarded that some guy said that, or was told to say that. Our relationship (politically and economically) is getting pretty strained lately and stuff like that is unnecessary and doesn't help anyone.

That "some guy" is the Deputy Commander of NORAD, which makes it all the stranger.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The US relationship with everyone is getting strained so why not Canada as well for good measure?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm sure our relationship with nations that host offshore banking will stay excellent.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What the gently caress?

This guy doesn't seem to understand article 5 as the deputy NORAD commander?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
what if canada nukes itself

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Not looking forward to the pro-monument protests in Richmond today... The police have banned sticks, knives, and other weapons on the protest grounds ...except guns. The chief of police is telling counter protesters to stay home in response to questions of how to protect themselves.

https://twitter.com/dearmayorstoney/status/908708142472744960

https://twitter.com/MalloryNoePayne/status/909022109900443648

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Third World Reggin posted:

what if canada nukes itself

Assume it was a domestic dispute over hockey and stay out of it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh poo poo, it's juggalo march day.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
What the gently caress is "Flinch Ball"? Is that a word for pepper balls?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ManMythLegend posted:

What the gently caress is "Flinch Ball"? Is that a word for pepper balls?

i pretend to kick you in the balls. if you flinch, you have to close your eyes i get a free shot.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Why not use the literally named "crash trucks"?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The Canadian government fined the Canadian government for exceeding the 10 knot speed limit in the gulf of St Lawrence.

Speed limit was imposed earlier this year to protect right whales. Whales still dying, but now cruise ships are cancelling stops in the St Lawrence so... Win?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
That looks like it's supposed to take it in the rear, not the side.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Having used crash trucks at work, they're pretty lightweight and are designed as a disposable energy absorber, to be hit only once and from a specific direction.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Because they aren't designed for this type of situation and would be nearly useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Those are designed to protect the occupant of the vehicle that hits them not instagib them

Completely the wrong tool for the job

• Locked thread