Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HM:

ESPECTACULAR TORNEO CIBERNÉTICO
MÉXICO vs RESTO DEL MUNDO
VOLADOR JR., ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, EL VALIENTE, EUFORIA, RUSH Y DIAMANTE AZUL
vs
MATT TAVEN, SAM ADONIS, MARCO CORLEONE, MICHAEL ELGIN, JOHNNY IDOL Y JUICE ROBINSON

CMLL 8/29 Arena Puebla

Mike Elgin was out of this world, plus great stuff from Rush, Juice and Volador.

This was tons of fun and Elgin's top tier right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Marti Belle vs Rachel Evers, Mae Young Classic Round 1 (8/28/17)

Absolutely terrible match, combined with the fact that apparently it was so bad, the finish was changed halfway through. :psyduck:

It probably won't win because of Triplemania from this past weekend, but it's still BAD. Marti has no business being in a wrestling ring. Or in the wrestling industry in general.

Third. Funny thing is, I saw that bizarre Wrestle Circus match not too long ago that had Ellering and some other wrestler grinding the show to a halt with some weird nonsense, and that combined with the MYC match had me thinking it was Rachel who was bad. I don't know enough about her to know one way or another, but I guess I'll check out a few more of her matches because I generally hear decent things about her.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

MOTYC: Psycho Clown vs Dr. Wagner Jr. AAA Triplemania 25

Nth. Wagner's postmatch micwork and performance, plus the emotion of it all, catapulted this from HM to MOTYC for me. Rather reminded me of Vader getting unmasked in Return of the Jedi and revealing that behind the dark mask and suit was a sad old man who knew that his time had finally ended. I got misty eyed. No shame.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

MassRafTer posted:

HM:

ESPECTACULAR TORNEO CIBERNÉTICO
MÉXICO vs RESTO DEL MUNDO
VOLADOR JR., ÚLTIMO GUERRERO, EL VALIENTE, EUFORIA, RUSH Y DIAMANTE AZUL
vs
MATT TAVEN, SAM ADONIS, MARCO CORLEONE, MICHAEL ELGIN, JOHNNY IDOL Y JUICE ROBINSON

CMLL 8/29 Arena Puebla

Mike Elgin was out of this world, plus great stuff from Rush, Juice and Volador.
Agreed to all details of this post.

If you want to watch the match without having to look around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8220ScBid1M&t=5258s (Link goes to intros, match starts around 1:33:30)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Marti Belle vs Rachel Evers, Mae Young Classic Round 1 (8/28/17)

Absolutely terrible match, combined with the fact that apparently it was so bad, the finish was changed halfway through. :psyduck:

It probably won't win because of Triplemania from this past weekend, but it's still BAD. Marti has no business being in a wrestling ring. Or in the wrestling industry in general.

just saw this and yeah.

Also only just put two and two together on Ellering's WWE name being a reference to Lance's real name.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Baron Corbyn posted:

just saw this and yeah.

Also only just put two and two together on Ellering's WWE name being a reference to Lance's real name.

Lance hates it.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

NuclearPotato posted:

I suspect a lot of people were asleep during All Japan's Sumo Hall show yesterday, and I'm here to tell you that this was a mistake, and sleep is for the weak.

MOTYC: KAI and Nagoya Nomura vs. Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi
MOTYC: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Both from 2017 SUMMER EXPLOSION: AJPW 45th Anniversary Show, 08/27

The latter match is pretty loving close to touching the high water mark of the Okada/Omega series (with only a couple of iffy sells keeping me from going all the way and saying it's on the same level, if not higher), and should be an absolute must-watch if you only watch one match from the show. KAImura/Strong BJ was also one of the better tag matches I've seen this year, with an insanely hot closing stretch.

nth, but i'd probably go HM for the tag match.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
MOTYC: CMLL Grand Prix 2017

Big Mike is the best in the world

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Second.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Boco_T posted:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Boco_T posted:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Boco_T posted:

veto, tho

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Boco_T posted:

Big Mike vs Big Dog vs Big R for ultimate Big Supremacy.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Boco_T posted:

Dude seriously isn't getting enough praise. That match was fun as gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

Big Mike vs Big Dog vs Big R for ultimate Big Supremacy.

What about Big E?!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

What about Big E?!

This would actually be a rad as hell four way.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
HM: Donovan Dijak vs. Keith Lee, BOLA Night 3

So my deal is I don't nominate MOTYCs unless something tops my previous #1 choice, and this isn't as good to me as Kenny/Okada 2, but when the DVD comes out this match needs to be seen to be believed. Unreal athleticism and flying in a big man match and ridiculous crowd heat. Thought it was easily the best match of BOLA and probably top 3 North American matches this year.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

This would actually be a rad as hell four way.

Hell, Elgin vs Big E would probably be a sweet big boy battle.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

sigmachiev posted:

this isn't as good to me as Kenny/Okada 2

Really, I don't think anything's going to top that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

HM: Donovan Dijak vs. Keith Lee, BOLA Night 3

So my deal is I don't nominate MOTYCs unless something tops my previous #1 choice, and this isn't as good to me as Kenny/Okada 2, but when the DVD comes out this match needs to be seen to be believed. Unreal athleticism and flying in a big man match and ridiculous crowd heat. Thought it was easily the best match of BOLA and probably top 3 North American matches this year.

I'd rank them:

aaw
evolve orlando
beyond
evolve chicago
pwg (disqualified due to not being released until 2018)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Fenrir posted:

Really, I don't think anything's going to top that.

The Naito/Tanhashi matches that immediately preceded each Omega/Okada match were better every time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress it, HM: Braun Strowman vs Big Show, Monday Night Raw, Sep 4th 2017

I thought this owned hard

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

St Evan Echoes posted:

gently caress it, HM: Braun Strowman vs Big Show, Monday Night Raw, Sep 4th 2017

Yeah, I'll second this for an HM

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

St Evan Echoes posted:

I'm down with this, so third. Best hoss-off of the year and the ending was loving fantastic, Braun's promo included.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Naito/Tanhashi matches that immediately preceded each Omega/Okada match were better every time.

I might agree if Omega wasn't my favorite wrestler right now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

The G1 one wasn't even the best Naito match of that weekend, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Kassius Ohno vs Hideo Itami in a No Disqualification match - NXT 9/6

Really fun match with a hot crowd and both guys doing a great job selling each other's offense. It's worth watching just for the low-blow spot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MOTYC: Dasher Hatfield, Mr. Touchdown and Simon Gotch vs. Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate, King of Trios 2017 Night 2 (9/2)

Got slightly botchy near the end, but was a total blast from start to finish.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kassius Ohno vs Hideo Itami in a No Disqualification match - NXT 9/6

Really fun match with a hot crowd and both guys doing a great job selling each other's offense. It's worth watching just for the low-blow spot.

Second. Loved it.

Hero/Ohno deserves a spotlight moment in the WWE.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

The G1 one wasn't even the best Naito match of that weekend, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Wow, Naito had two matches better than Omega/Okada III in one weekend? Dude's amazing.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM: Piper Niven vs Toni Storm from the Mae Young classic. Best handshake in all of wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

The weak, less convincing leg work that the crowd didn't get as into was definitely better than the much better match that came after.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The weak, less convincing leg work that the crowd didn't get as into was definitely better than the much better match that came after.

As a big BxB Hulk fan, you're just selling me further.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's 9/5 Korakuen show

MOTYC:Open the Dream Gate #1 Contenders Match - Big R Shimizu vs Masaaki Mochizuki

Stiff exciting sprint with superb top-notch storytelling. Pretty much everything you'd want from this match.

MOTYC: Elimination Tag Match, Loser takes Two Loses: Over Generation (CIMA, Dragon Kid, Eita) vs MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Kotoka) vs VerserK (Shingo Takagi, T-Hawk, El Lindaman)

A crazy DG clusterfuck match. Elevated by excellent character and story work and an incredibly hot crowd.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

IMO from Destruction in Hiroshima

HM: Funky Future vs. Taichi & Kanemaru
HM: KUSHIDA vs. El Desperado
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Baron Corbyn posted:

:yeah:

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

3rd

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MOTYC: Joe Coffey vs. Lewis Girvan, 2/3 Falls Match, Discovery Wrestling 3rd Anniversary, 9/16

Maybe it's just because I was there but holy poo poo, that was quite possibly the best match I've ever seen live, and Coffey's promo afterwards just loving made it so special. Incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Princess Sugehit vs Zeuxis, great heat, rare great usage of the 2/3 falls rules to add tension to nearfalls in the third fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Second Sugehit vs Zeuxis

• Locked thread