Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

third person sucks also that wasn't hacking

I never said they were hacking, those are your words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
I love the UMP. Last night I think I wiped 3 squads with the UMP alone by catching them off guard. Although the last squad I sprayed down was really close but for some reason the last guy jumped at me from a balcony with a pan even though he had a SCAR and a shorgun.

The Micro UZI is a beast in the first few minutes in game in the cities. We always drop in Georgopol and do some tense CQC. Shotguns have been super inconsistent for me and sometimes I snipe people with the 686 and sometimes the pellets seem to go through guys at close range. In one game though I magically managed to kill a whole squad kitted with ARs using a choked 686 after they wiped my whole squad. They kept rushing me again and again everytime I knocked one so it was like playing duck hunt.

Fav combo used to be M16 with AK or UMP but now I change the M16 for the Mini when I can. That gun is a beast and its really easy to hit moving targets with it. I am really bad with the SKS and Kar but the fast bullet speed of the 556 works really well for me at a distance.

Edit: I only play 3PP because I am a dirty scrub and spraying works better for me in 3PP with the SMGs

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I got carried to my first two chicken dinners, and unfortunately also didn't save a really funny kill. I was up on a third story roof with a guy underneath me. I couldn't get a clean shot with my S686, so I dropped immediately behind him and plugged him in the face right as he turned around. The force popped his ragdoll up in the air, I really should have saved that shadowplay recording.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Did anyone here get the black square ADS bug and fix it? I've tried, haven't had any luck.

Last patch kinda blows, I've got this annoying ADS bug, performance seems down, and the DOF thing they've added that only seems to kick in when looking at the edges of things loving sucks.

Fog is fuckin neato though.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Died in another double KO situation, this time by shooting a guy twice while he was in the air to super man punch me with low hp. Neither of us show up on the kill feed interestingly.

my 686 also clicked like it was empty when it was clearly loaded twice before that which was fun

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Ugh two hackers today in a row, that sucked p. bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

third person sucks also that wasn't hacking

looked like hacking to me but lol at STILL playing 3pp.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Third person's better. Game benefits from you being able to be aware of your surroundings without having to flap your entire body 360° every time to do it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

God drat the UMP is just so satisfying to use, get that fully decked out setup with a suppressor and :discourse:

My favorite setup is M4/UMP

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why they went with a motorcycle helmet for level 1 instead of a helmet that would actually provide any sort of real protection? Shouldn't level one just be some steel bullshit from Vietnam instead of the shiniest plastic piece of garbage?

Edit: I recently just discovered that push to talk was not enabled for in game voice. I am really curious how long this has been the case and how long I have been broadcasting to the world me talking to my cat.

Mauser fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 16, 2017

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Motorcycle helmets are rad and I get excited every time I find one and I can't contain myself so I have to replace the one I'm wearing no matter what

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Ok. Lying prone in a bush behind a tree or wherever you were and waiting until a really cool and tense gunfight is over just to shoot the victor in the head is a totally legit strategy and all....but ffffffuuuuuckkkkk youuuuuuu

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

josh04 posted:

Third person's better. Game benefits from you being able to be aware of your surroundings without having to flap your entire body 360° every time to do it.

no.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

josh04 posted:

You can still hold alt to look around in first person. If you're still having trouble, work on your positioning so you don't have to constantly rely on 360 degree esp to keep from dying.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Great Beer posted:

You can still hold alt to look around in first person. If you're still having trouble, work on your positioning so you don't have to constantly rely on 360 degree esp to keep from dying.

I'm not saying I need it to keep from dying. I like that the combat is more about positioning and tactical decision-making than aim speed, and third-person enhances that because once you're in a fight, you can't depend on your opponent having to peek to keep up with where you're going.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

The Slack Lagoon posted:

That's unfortunate to hear. Any other game I play is okay though so I'm not sure what to troubleshoot

My cousin directed me to get WhoCrashed when I was having random restarts on my new pc last month. I have no idea beyond his word that it's a trusted program, but it did show me what was going wrong. It ended up being a driver.

live free or dont
Apr 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DY57_LlXjk

I made a stupid video about how I cannot shoot but still managed to get a dinner with 15 kills. The Groza is my new favorite gun because I can just spray everyone with it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

live free or dont posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DY57_LlXjk

I made a stupid video about how I cannot shoot but still managed to get a dinner with 15 kills. The Groza is my new favorite gun because I can just spray everyone with it.

I enjoyed that! You single-handedly killed the last five players alive, that is always a feat.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

New patch has caused my poor Cisco router to start experiencing NAT been overwhelmed and CPU spiking til it crashes

But it's still fun to run a 4 man group and randomly drop internet for 2-3 mins at a time and still get a chicken dinner!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

josh04 posted:

I'm not saying I need it to keep from dying. I like that the combat is more about positioning and tactical decision-making than aim speed, and third-person enhances that because once you're in a fight, you can't depend on your opponent having to peek to keep up with where you're going.
If anything, fpp has more tactical movement. Your group is pinned down, do you risk peeking and loosing a teammate to keep an eye on them, try to flank unseen to the side or spread out to counter them trying to flank you etc.

Way more tactical to do all that on the fly and blind when both teams aren't God Visioning each other staying still until the blue zone forces your hands.

In the end though were both just cherry picking scenarios that suit our argument better, but fpp is way cooler and for rad dudes QED :smug:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like FPP better, but I hate observing if I get downed. Camera needs to be fixed to the front of the player your observing, but let you pivot it. this way your not giving the player an advantage and keeping the nausea, obstructed view down.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Zsinjeh posted:

If anything, fpp has more tactical movement. Your group is pinned down, do you risk peeking and loosing a teammate to keep an eye on them, try to flank unseen to the side or spread out to counter them trying to flank you etc.

Way more tactical to do all that on the fly and blind when both teams aren't God Visioning each other staying still until the blue zone forces your hands.

In the end though were both just cherry picking scenarios that suit our argument better, but fpp is way cooler and for rad dudes QED :smug:

I've snuck into buildings and right up next to guys who were shooting at my team before in FPP, it's great.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

I've snuck into buildings and right up next to guys who were shooting at my team before in FPP, it's great.
Hell yeah :clint:

Real complaint about fpp though that MSM won't let you see: while I don't suffer from it, wonky headbob does make some people legit sick, so that should probably be fixed/adjusted pronto.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
mini14 is dope as poo poo and so is having the thompson being a world spawn

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
best thing about the Thompson being a world spawn is that you have more ammo for a vector

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
A good start to my weekend. The last kill is the most important kill, right? This is only my third chicken dinner :shobon:

Two games later it came down to my buddy and one other guy, and they got the win. Good games post patch!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im not even sure fog exists

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Doorknob Slobber posted:

im not even sure fog exists

Weather conditions do seem ridiculously rare.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I've had fog once, it's loving rad. So is the Mini.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Is there anything worse than finishing second place solo? So goddamn loving close. I swam to the island and back again and killed 10 people on the way for second? gently caress that poo poo :(

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I had fog three times in a row on live the day before yesterday.

E: you know what's strange? My duo buddy and I have played all of our games on NA FPP together and, while I have a significantly higher KDA, his rank is 10K better than mine because his win rating is somehow 60 points higher. That must mean that individual placings in duo and squad games are taken into account, right? Because he has survived longer than I two or three times.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 16, 2017

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

That's unfortunate to hear. Any other game I play is okay though so I'm not sure what to troubleshoot

I was getting blue screens only with pubg but no other games; I swapped the PSU with a spare I had and haven't crashed again

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

I've had fog once, it's loving rad. So is the Mini.

Agreed on the fog. It's a really cool effect. Also other people seem to have a harder time seeing through it than I do, so that's a plus. Everything is shorter range, so it's very tense. I mean, you can still see figures in the fog out to 100-200m, but you're not getting out to pixel sniping distances.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

VulgarandStupid posted:

I never said they were hacking, those are your words.

Haha why did you post the video of you reporting them after killing you for cheating then? Was this supposed to be the chocotaco cheating incident 2.0? Were you trying to make fun of the other people on your squad?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Haha why did you post the video of you reporting them after killing you for cheating then? Was this supposed to be the chocotaco cheating incident 2.0? Were you trying to make fun of the other people on your squad?

Dude was cheating

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i report everyone who kills me of cheating whether i think they're cheating or not because if enough people report then maybe they'll get banned

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

The Slack Lagoon posted:

The blue screen error codes usually provide a hint.

Also Memtest is always a good idea, bad memory can cause all sorts of problems and its really easy to let it run overnight for a nice solid test.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Anyone else having issues with their mic not working? Seems to randomly stop working at times and nothin seems to fix it.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Set your recording device as the default communications device. Plain 'default device' isn't good enough. I had the same issue and this fixed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Haven't been playing the game for a while. Saw some bunch of news of positional voice chat. Made me wonder, does the game have positional audio in general now, outputting to 7.1 systems, and virtual surround and poo poo?

• Locked thread