Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there not flawless gear? thought i saw some drop in a few streams

From a couple of pages back, didn't seem to get answered. You talking about in trials? Because there is a final vendor if you do get flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If I start a new character & dump some high level stuff on them, does that effect the rng drops too or is it only based on what's actually usable at the level you're at?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SlayVus posted:

From a couple of pages back, didn't seem to get answered. You talking about in trials? Because there is a final vendor if you do get flawless.

Yeah, final vendor gave a choice of Arms and Class item plus some trials shaders.

You get a ton of rep tokens for the first vendor if you go flawless though. Enough for 2.5 rank ups just from the card and wins. Plus the tiered rewards for each jump up the spire. loving showered us with loot.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If anyone is going to be on and wants to start doing things around 8-8:30 cst tonight I'm good for it. I'll throw it in slack when I'm home.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

PathAsc posted:

If anyone is going to be on and wants to start doing things around 8-8:30 cst tonight I'm good for it. I'll throw it in slack when I'm home.

I'll be bonering around trying to help out people with rat king nightfalls. Last group I sherpa'd we had 12 minutes left on the clock!

This is deffo the week to get that quest done.

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
Anyone down to do some trials with poooM, me, and Absolomb? PSN: BaxterFied

Edit: Javes is joining us.

Edit2: Hasn't done call to arms on that character.

Loving Leader fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 16, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'll be bonering around trying to help out people with rat king nightfalls. Last group I sherpa'd we had 12 minutes left on the clock!

Cool, I'll start that up, I'm close enough to 270.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Loving Leader posted:

Anyone down to do some trials with poooM, me, and Absolomb? PSN: BaxterFied

Edit: Javes is joining us.

Edit2: Hasn't done call to arms on that character.

I do later tonight, if you're still at it.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
new phone, who dis

:catdrugs:

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I need rat king on xb1 but like from the start :/

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I think one of Cayde's journal fragments is implying he used to be human. Neat.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is from a bit ago because I was out running errands but it is accepted lore that this is the big reveal. The big big reveal. The pyramid ships are a higher level, extremely advanced race of beings. They constructed the Cabal from the ground up, genetically as well as mechanistically, with the primary purpose of using them as an instrument to hunt down and eventually destroy the traveler and all it holds dear. While Calus does not know it, he is actually a robot, and every time he is conquered and killed in a coup or revolt or a galaxy spanning war, the pyramid beings instruct his consciousness into yet another robot body and life for the cabal, it seems, goes on. Think of it, how could this race of war pigs construct something as massive as the world eater? Where did the Psions gain all of their ethereal knowledge of time travel? Why would Ghaul, after having everything, aspire to suddenly seek the traveler? No, the Cabal have always been the hand of the Pyramid, and in fulfilling their reason for creation, they will be the ultimate destroyer of the galaxy. The pyramids are coming.

A+ post/username combo.

If it's white spheres vs. black pyramids, where do the grey cubes fit in?

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Applied to join BIG DUM SALT MINERS, IGN is SirAppleforth

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

RBA Starblade posted:

I think one of Cayde's journal fragments is implying he used to be human. Neat.

Look up his journal from the collectors edition of ttk. iirc it was heavily implied there too.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I think all exos used to be alive

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009
How concerned should i be about the types of energy my weapons are now that in getting ready for nightfalls/raids?
Is running all one energy type (void subclass, energy gun and power weapon) wrong and bad? Should i be infusing multiple element type energy weapons so i can switch between them?

Tainted Ham fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 16, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zebrasectomy posted:

How concerned should i be about the types of energy my weapons are now that in getting ready for nightfalls/raids?
Is running all one energy type (void subclass, energy gun and power weapon) wrong and bad? Should i be infusing multiple element type energy weapons so i can switch between them?

I plan on either having three copies of the same gun with a different element each. It'll be a pain but gently caress it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sancho posted:

I need rat king on xb1 but like from the start :/

Same. You on today to become rat bros?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah I'm on right now J34NLUCP1C4RD

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm 231. Should I start turning in the dozens/hundreds of redeemable faction rep items I've accumulated for engrams?

I keep thinking I should wait and use them later, but eventually they stop getting you higher, yes?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I'm 231. Should I start turning in the dozens/hundreds of redeemable faction rep items I've accumulated for engrams?

I keep thinking I should wait and use them later, but eventually they stop getting you higher, yes?

keep farming blues until you hit 265.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Cayde's taken king journal specifically says he was flesh and bone once, that he had a heart beat. It's also meant to be slightly unreliable, but that's a pretty big fact and probably is beyond the scope of "slightly unreliable"

Which is bungie for "we are pretty sure we want this to be canon but we aren't 100% sure we won't change our minds in 3 years"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've been grinding titan, but it doesn't feel like that to me. I love the constant action and the random special squads that show up, as well as soloing poo poo. It's dropped good exotics to eat for light.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

PathAsc posted:

I plan on either having three copies of the same gun with a different element each. It'll be a pain but gently caress it.

You can just change the element type for some glimmer with mods.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Sancho posted:

I think all exos used to be alive

I've heard a line from the cryptarch about part of Exos brains being encrypted from themselves. I wonder if it's the part where they got transferred from human body to Exo body.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Man after playing around with Warlock and Titan again, Hunter just feels weak as gently caress, especially comparing Dodge to the other two talents. How do Hunter players deal with this poo poo

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Random minor trials tip: run all arc weapons. They're the most dangerous supers you can stop.

Iron banana next month, wonder how poo poo the matchmaking and/or connections will be

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anybody want to do the nightfall on bone right now?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

victrix posted:

Random minor trials tip: run all arc weapons. They're the most dangerous supers you can stop.

Iron banana next month, wonder how poo poo the matchmaking and/or connections will be

P.sure element doesn't matter to the super, only that you are using an Energy weapon.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone else get tone patrol? Seems similar to nameless midnight but it's elemental.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

actionjackson posted:

Anyone else get tone patrol? Seems similar to nameless midnight but it's elemental.

Different type of boomy effect.

Edit: if anyone needs a member for Raid/Nightfall/Trials on PS4, I'm game. 280ish power. PSN: Coldforge (easy!)

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

We got 2 ready for nightfall if you're free

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maker Of Shoes posted:

new phone, who dis

Destiny needs to embrace its pulpy scifi roots more.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

DLC Inc posted:

Man after playing around with Warlock and Titan again, Hunter just feels weak as gently caress, especially comparing Dodge to the other two talents. How do Hunter players deal with this poo poo

Dodge is top tier in Crucible. I can peek lanes without committing and immediately exit any situation I see fit. For PvE I couldn't give two shits because Orpheus Rig means I have my bow almost 100% of the time to make sure the dippy titans and warlocks on my squad have a super to make them almost useful.

e: also, superfluous dodging in pve gets me smoke bombs back much faster. always be tokin

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 16, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sancho posted:

We got 2 ready for nightfall if you're free

Wont be home until later this evening.

ACOPKILLEDMYDOG
Aug 7, 2013
Find it weird that in the first couple missions you get decent character moments and interactivity with the story and a ally npc for an encounter with Zavala shooting at ninja turtles in a ruined tower, but the final mission beginning where all the npcs that bungie wants us to give a poo poo about do cool stuff in a noninteractive cut scene kind of makes all the characterization not go anywhere.

The final mission was cool in the city but there was nothing that made it feel cohesive with every guardian trying to retake their city, bungie has made ally AI before so I don't know why they didn't try putting some in.

All in all its a p good game and I'm trying to level up my light before applying for any of the goon clans. I'm having fun doing my dailies, I love space Neopets

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

signoise asks important questions:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

new phone, who dis

awwww motherfucker you did it!!!

What'd you get?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Waffle House posted:

awwww motherfucker you did it!!!

What'd you get?

Autorifle
Pulse Rifle
Sidearm
Sniper
edit: Helmet
Hunter Cloak
2 stack of 2 different Trials shaders
Standard emblem, flawless emblem

Flawless on our first card.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Whoops, I infused my trials boots. Oh well, trials armor looks like jagged assssss