Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
After the first Outsider interaction I don't care about the possibility of a non-lethal way. I want to kill the fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (

Retroblique posted:

Mild lore spoilers for Corvo's background: I think this is the first time they explicitly mention Corvo's missing sister. I think there was also a hint that she may have the mark of the Outsider too,

Uhm where was this?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
ghosting seems to be a LOT harder this go round. also, nice shout out to morgan yu in the bank vault

n4 posted:

Uhm where was this?

his childhood home is in that area. you can go visit it!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
So goonsensus is DLC is good and should be bought? GMG has it for 20% off.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

ladron posted:

ghosting seems to be a LOT harder this go round. also, nice shout out to morgan yu in the bank vault

his childhood home is in that area. you can go visit it!

Oh I know about his home, I was referring to the part about the Outsider's Mark.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Whoa. You can telefrag people with Displace. It hurts you too, though.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

n4 posted:

Oh I know about his home, I was referring to the part about the Outsider's Mark.
I may be completely misremembering that detail -- at this point I can't remember if it was explicitly mentioned or if I filled in a mental gap to explain why she could be a protagonist in a future Dishonored game, because I think there are still people with the mark unaccounted for.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

n4 posted:

ah, my bad.
yeah, dunno.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anybody gotten a bit further and able to say if you get more powers? I'm in the first proper mission, had to do some other stuff before I can really jump in but I'm not seeing any runes or anything that would fulfil a similar role.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

With 20% off and if you're a fan of the series yes. I'm on the 3rd mission now, the maps have been pretty large and varied and I'm enjoying the new powers. No regrets here. I wouldn't pay a full $30 for it though.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

What I gathered so far is more of the same, perfectly fine, really short (9 hours on average and as little as 6 for impatient people)

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Downloaded it last night, goofed around for half an hour or so, haven't gotten into it seriously... but you can talk to ratty-boops and they like you. I'm sold.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hey, How do you shut off the steam at the baths? I tried following the pipes around but needed to go to bed so I gave up.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

How do I do get into the bank vault without setting off the alarm? I assume I need the brake lever, but i've searched high and low and cant find it.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

thebardyspoon posted:

Anybody gotten a bit further and able to say if you get more powers? I'm in the first proper mission, had to do some other stuff before I can really jump in but I'm not seeing any runes or anything that would fulfil a similar role.

You get POWERED UP after the first mission, as in the previous games.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

There's only 5 missions too afaik, so it's pretty lame you have to do the first one without any.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I've got foresight and whatever the other two are called, the movement one and the face stealing one. That's why I said first real mission, the one where you're investigating the tattoo cult. Is that it for powers then? I saw a weird ranged attack with the sword in a trailer so I assume you get a few more with each artifact you collect or something? I might go balls out in this one and just kinda treat it like Billie is on her last gasp mission so she doesn't give a gently caress anymore, that's the opposite of how I usually play these games.

I wonder which extra powers from Corvo and Emily you get in the "Original +" mode.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Semblence is kind of tricky, your MP doesn't deplete unless you move so if you stand in one spot you're effectively invisible. Might be useful if you use it between guard patrols.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is there a notification when you complete a contract? I think this dog I got was the dog they wanted got, but I'm not sure. Update: It wasn't. Also, I slapped in 451 to the first thing I saw and it opened the lock. :shobon: I still love Dishonored.

e: Bonecharm 1: Strong Arms. 3: Agility. :getin:

Bogart fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 16, 2017

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Beat it. It's very good but also very short. The powers are good. The story is good and definitely improves the Dishonored lore.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Is it worth it for the current price? I might hold off for a sale if it's very short.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
It's 20% off at GMG, FWIW.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Good to know. Thank you!

n4
Jul 26, 2001

To me it was worth it but I really enjoy Dishonored games and usually replay them 4-5x as soon as I get them. So maybe if you're not super pumped about this genre of game wait till a sale.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Bogart posted:

e: Bonecharm 1: Strong Arms. 3: Agility. :getin:

I'm really disappointed they kept the random bone charms, although the black markets selling a small selection of them does help a little.

Also: saving and reloading before removing the bone charm from the vise in the first mission doesn't randomise it, so you can't scum it like you could the one in the first Dishonored :(

GotLag fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 16, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
You had to save before entering the area where that charm was. The charm effect is applied when you're in the same area as it for the first time.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Yes. I'm saying that in Dishonored 1, there was a charm in a vise behind the Abbey that wouldn't be actually assigned until you worked the vise to release it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Beat it late last night, while the levels were cool, I feel like we only got half a story - and no ending slides! They dropped all sorts of neat tidbits about Billie's life and the nature of the outsider and then it kind of fizzled out.

My first run was high chaos, so maybe the low chaos ending fills it in a bit more. Even on very hard the sword upgrade absolutely breaks the combat over your knee, which is a shame. The levels are seriously good though, so I'm expecting loads of replay value from this.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://instagram.com/p/BZBwQL1nPRR/

Entropic fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 16, 2017

n4
Jul 26, 2001

There's a contract mission involving one of Duke Luca's paintings, and an art collector buys it but gets buyers remorse, and you read a letter from the seller explaining how it is an actual Duke Luca painting despite how terrible it is hahaha

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I liked the outsider when I thought he was the avatar of a whale god. I don't like what they did with the lore and mystery of Dishonored.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I dunno why all these fast food corporate accounts do this but Denny's and Wendy's are also kinda funny with their social media marketing.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

I dunno why all these fast food corporate accounts do this but Denny's and Wendy's are also kinda funny with their social media marketing.

Because nobody reads corporate twitters otherwise.

Doing dumb video game jokes that nerds like to link is free advertising.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Another fun part you get to rob Dr Galvani again

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Getting a weird bug where it puts my difficulty down to easy semi randomly. I started the game on hard and only noticed in the bank mission that all of my saves and auto saves were labelled "easy". Tried setting it back, applied the changes and confirmed and it seemed to change but then it reset again when I reloaded it. Pretty odd.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's because you have XCOM installed.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Flubby posted:

I liked the outsider when I thought he was the avatar of a whale god. I don't like what they did with the lore and mystery of Dishonored.
Yeah, same.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
Did blaze through this (while setting down XCOM2 for a bit). Good level design, it is a bit on the short end. The cultists and bank heist give it a definite Thief feel, which is good.

Dishonored 3 being just a cutpurse in Tyvia would be great...

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

n4 posted:

There's a contract mission involving one of Duke Luca's paintings, and an art collector buys it but gets buyers remorse, and you read a letter from the seller explaining how it is an actual Duke Luca painting despite how terrible it is hahaha

I am currently looking for the key to get this, is anyone knows where it is..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

ladron posted:

I am currently looking for the key to get this, is anyone knows where it is..

The key is on a corpse floating underneath the boat.

• Locked thread