Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The mini tool quest isn't as bad as it sounds. You can just jump and shoot until you land again. It's surprisingly easy and quick. Kill the dregs at the Exodus Black fast travel point.

yeah you can lower enemies health by any means as long as you finish them off with a jumping smg shot

or apparently you can just stand on a box or rock or something and that counts. There's a room near the EDZ vendor where you can jump up on a table and shoot infinite shanks as they come out of a door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Coldforge posted:

He talks about going with his fireteam to the Pyramidium and having to resurrect multiple times :shrug:

Is this context given during an adventure or something? Otherwise I must have had some dialogue fail to play for me or something. I did notice that in tge quest he first speaks in, nobody introduces him, he just starts talking and everyone acts like they know him already. So mahbe there's some hosed up dialogue triggers.

Either way, nevermind then. He probably just likes the arm, I guess.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Kilometers Davis posted:

That's super cool, it's a shame I'm too bad to ever see it in my own game.

You only need one win to see the spire. Additional wins get you to floating platforms higher up but the space is so barren you're not missing much.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Funkmaster General posted:

Is this context given during an adventure or something? Otherwise I must have had some dialogue fail to play for me or something. I did notice that in tge quest he first speaks in, nobody introduces him, he just starts talking and everyone acts like they know him already. So mahbe there's some hosed up dialogue triggers.

It's one of the dialog variants in the Pyramidium strike. There's a loooooot of variant dialog for each strike, you really don't get it all unless you run them several times.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Funkmaster General posted:

The arm is slowly killing him/converting him to Vex, and he's openly too afraid of offing himself and horrified at his inevitable future!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The arm is slowly killing him/converting him to Vex, and he's openly too afraid of offing himself and horrified at his inevitable future!

He should off himself. His character is loving insufferable.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
seems plausible that the vex did something that makes the arm permanent, even if he resurrects, or he thinks it's too risky and isn't willing to try

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Some of the D1 VoG armor references the feeling of being transformed into Vex

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I think the Vex are probably my favorite enemy of the games. There's something really weird and unsettling about an alien race that doesn't seem especially hostile but can literally rewrite reality to exclude you. I am hoping we learn a little more about their motivations and why they fight us in the next expansion. The Cabal were always my least favorite but that is no longer the case post Leviathan.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also is SIVA still in play

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DrNutt posted:

I think the Vex are probably my favorite enemy of the games. There's something really weird and unsettling about an alien race that doesn't seem especially hostile but can literally rewrite reality to exclude you. I am hoping we learn a little more about their motivations and why they fight us in the next expansion. The Cabal were always my least favorite but that is no longer the case post Leviathan.

Cabal were always my favorite, mostly because of the way their armor vents when you shoot off their helmets :3:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
To everyone that has the Rat King: please start using it. I’ve only had it light up once since I got it a few days ago, this thing is loving baller - while it might be underwhelming at first you just need to get right up in everyone’s poo poo and start loving the dumb AI with the invisibility. It seems to work incredibly well with devour voidlock because you can get away with using it at zero distance

A+ gun would recommend

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Calaveron posted:

Failsafe mentions it in some ambient dialogue, so I would think so.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Calaveron posted:

Yes. While not in the game currently we know the Exodus Black was carrying SIVA when it went down.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

At 270 I just got a level 15 Scout Rifle with 10 damage haha Bungie what ya doin'

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Coldforge posted:

Because he's the worst character in Destiny 2.

Nope, he's cool and good. I had vex legs and he has an arm. He's my dad

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
loving lmao at anyone who doesn't love Asher Mir, he's the best character in the game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kilometers Davis posted:

At 270 I just got a level 15 Scout Rifle with 10 damage haha Bungie what ya doin'

[Img-quantum leap retarded]

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kilometers Davis posted:

from the Clan Rewards, right? Your Welfare Package gives you gear but not Power Level.

The point is that you get to experience some of the content (Raid drops, Trials drops) without having to Mic Up

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Just shard it then

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
More Vex chat, in the same adventure your Ghost mentions that the reason Vex hate Guardians is because they can't predict the light.

But again, they are cool with Ghosts.

This makes me think the Vex connection, whatever exactly it is, is why all Ghosts don't go offline when Ghaul chains the light.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DrNutt posted:

The Vex run simulation universes and no matter what variables they add or change, the Darkness always ends up eating them and they want to avoid that

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also they are nice to Ghost because they understand that they're conduits to the Light and creatures who use the Light are completely unpredictable and might be what they need to survive the darkness

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You can still experience raid content for those who don't want to/can't join up. I went in and shot mans yesterday solo. Yeah, you can't do it all, but it's impressive.

What I'm saying is go visit the leviathan and murder poo poo!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DrNutt posted:

The Vex vs Hive/Taken are my favourite bits
of Destiny lore. Incidentally we get to fight some of Quria: Blade Transform's agents, so we might see more of that angle.

Basically the Vex invading the hive god's magic realm and tearing poo poo up in there for a century until Oryx returned. It put both the Vex and Oryx into perspective: the former as horrifically competent at overcoming the incomprehensible, the latter as an entity far beyond anything the Vex could calculate and oppose. Even beyond the Gorgons?

Too bad D2 lacks a grimoire so we might never see any kind of very detailed world building again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Calaveron posted:

The Vex run simulation universes and no matter what variables they add or change, the Darkness always ends up eating them and they want to avoid that

Well if that's the case they should stop trying to fight guardians and be our robit buddies. :colbert:

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

loving lmao at anyone who doesn't love Asher Mir, he's the best character in the game

He owns

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
D1: why the gently caress is the only lore in the grimoire? D2: why isn’t there a grimoire?

Bungo just can’t catch a break. But seriously I loved the grimoire. Isn’t there a dude around here that wrote most of it?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The fallen are really loving cool to me. I want to see more about the house of kings and Variks doing his thing. I believe they're going to flesh them out a lot more.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Linx posted:

D1: why the gently caress is the only lore in the grimoire? D2: why isn’t there a grimoire?

Bungo just can’t catch a break. But seriously I loved the grimoire. Isn’t there a dude around here that wrote most of it?

To be fair, lots of the D1 complaints were that the grimoire was the only source of world building and it was locked to outside the game.

Not having it means never finding out about all the nitty gritty stuff new in D2, like the various weapons, units, culture, etc :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why why until 265 specifically to do exotic quests? Wouldn't any level above 260 be OK?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Ashen Mir talks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
People just hate when something, no matter how lame it is, goes from "Included" to "Not Included"

See: grimoire, shaders

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

mango sentinel posted:

Ashen Mir talks like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Worst.

Best is Failsafe, but only when it's dunking on Cayde.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why why until 265 specifically to do exotic quests? Wouldn't any level above 260 be OK?

because 265 is when you softcap blues and regular purples, and picking up an exotic then is pretty sure to raise your soft cap, allowing you to eck out another power level. Then you do another exotic quest/powerful engram and hope you can manage just one more soft cap raise. Continue as needed.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
Applied to BDSM as 'arghidontknow'.

Apologies to anyone trying to have fun in the Crucible this morning, I figured the fastest way to get the milestone out of the way was to die as quickly as possible so the round ended faster.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The gensym armour is also the only suit that doesnt suck.

Except i dyed all my guns yellow with bumblebee and i look like scuba steve with the titan poo poo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Fats posted:

Apologies to anyone trying to have fun in the Crucible this morning, I figured the fastest way to get the milestone out of the way was to die as quickly as possible so the round ended faster.

Did you all decide to collectively crater together? If not, that's an incredibly lovely thing to a group of people.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol the portal part of the boss fight is glitchy as gently caress

just got randomly blown off the map at the starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Been having a lot of fun with Uriels in the scrub tiers of crucible. Did the milestones and had a good laugh when Control came up in quickplay and my whole team ran straight to A (we spawned by it) and dumbly stood there for a sec until we noticed A and C come pre-capped. Fast times for garbage players.