Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

since killjoys ended its season, I'm looking for an adorable, snarky banter-heavy show. any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is anyone watchin the american vandal show and it's pretty fun

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

double nine posted:

since killjoys ended its season, I'm looking for an adorable, snarky banter-heavy show. any suggestions?

Stargate Atlantis.

Hear me out...

It's good.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

double nine posted:

Lost girl was conceived by the same creator. Season 1 is the peak so if you don't love it don't go any further.

Wynonna Earp is by the person who took over Lost Girl s2-5 so it's fun garbage. (I love fun garbage) with heavy lesbianism and pretty ladies

Crazy ex girlfriend is also good. It's a tonal mishmash and v feminism heavy like LG and KJ but with better singers. Check out Rachel bloom singing "feeling kinda naughty" on YouTube. It doesn't spoil anything but does given idea of the black humour.

A

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Peak Kenzi is season 2 though. Kenzi is the only reason to watch it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
American Vandal is great.

You all should binge it this weekend. Especially if you like Vice Principals.

Edit: As someone else pointed out to me, the palm trees are perfect. What a great show.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 16, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Glad to hear American Vandal is good, hoping to find the time to start it soon.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Recently went through The Sinner based on it's mention here. It was pretty interesting.

Not sure what else to watch at the moment. I've seen most stuff.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Guy Mann posted:

There's actually a blacklist film script entirely about how much Hollywood writers hate Max Landis.

Untitled Lax Mandis Script right?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Sweet/Vicious is a very good show with lots of banter but it's in no way light. Stay away if you want something like Riverdale.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh god that handjob investigation in American Vandal owns. The cgi reconstruction is just perfect.

"Heyy"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watching the first episode and the "mushroom head" reveal is incredible

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Almost four months to the day and I wrapped up twelve seasons of Supernatural.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Carry on, my wayward son.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

Carry on, my wayward son.

IT DOESN'T COME BACK FOR THREE WEEKS.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Kudos
And also, are you feeling ok? That show went to poo poo real fast.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The last few seasons have been pretty good with some very excellent episodes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

[quote="“tessiebee”" post="“476465467”"]
Kudos
[/quote]

The first episode was so laughably bad I never gave it a second chance. I always presumed it must have improved, but too many shows and not enough time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Finally started American Vandal.

Oh my God it's so good.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh man the reconstruction of the path of the paint can during the party is amazing. They put so much effort into all the social media posts. This show owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tessiebee posted:

Kudos

Season 6 is lame. But so many high points after that.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Any positive, uplifting, heartwarming must-watch shows these past few years? :unsmith:

Friends keep trying to get me into IASIP and Rick & Morty and Bojack and I'm realising how much I don't like random nastiness and negativity in my fiction when there's plenty enough of that to go around in The Outside.

As a counterpoint, I was rewatching seasons 1 and 2 of Community and I really like the saccharine teamwork/friendship climax while an indie song plays, or the music swelling as a character giving a rousing uplifting speech. Really sold the heart of that show. Got a real craving for more of that - likeable characters you can actually root for.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 17, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Uh....Fuller House?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Parenthood is uplifting but it has a heavy dose of nasty. Lots of indie swelling music.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Any positive, uplifting, heartwarming must-watch shows these past few years? :unsmith:

Friends keep trying to get me into IASIP and Rick & Morty and Bojack and I'm realising how much I don't like random nastiness and negativity in my fiction when there's plenty enough of that to go around in The Outside.

As a counterpoint, I was rewatching seasons 1 and 2 of Community and I really like the saccharine teamwork/friendship climax while an indie song plays, or the music swelling as a character giving a rousing uplifting speech. Really sold the heart of that show. Got a real craving for more of that.

Did you watch Limitless?

How abouy Sense8?

Both have some dark elements, sense8 moreso, but are pretty positive overall.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
horace and pete is pretty heartwarming

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

VagueRant posted:

As a counterpoint, I was rewatching seasons 1 and 2 of Community and I really like the saccharine teamwork/friendship climax while an indie song plays, or the music swelling as a character giving a rousing uplifting speech. Really sold the heart of that show. Got a real craving for more of that.

Brooklyn 99?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VagueRant posted:

Let's see, there's Friday Night Lights, but I think you might have seen that. One Mississippi is actually a very sweet little show, even if it deals with a lot of dark poo poo in its own right. GLOW might really scratch that itch too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah GLOW is really heartwarming and also goofy/fun/great

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
American Vandal Episode 2: Oh my God the "hey with two ys" memes :perfect:

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Oh, for real? I've been meaning to watch Glow for ages but the trailer (and presence of Mark Maron?) somehow convinced me it would be kinda sad and mean-spirited. That's deffo going to the top of the list then. Thanks, peeps!

Will have to look into these others too.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 17, 2017

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VagueRant posted:

Oh, for real? I've been meaning to watch Glow for ages but the trailer (and presence of Mark Maron?) somehow convinced me it would be kinda sad and mean-spirited.

Oh no, it's basically a Nancy Meyers girl-bonding movie fused with Major League, Slings and Arrows, Mick Foley's autobiographies, and something that's much, much funnier than Nancy Meyers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah Glow is pretty great.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Wow, I actually finished American Vandal in one sitting. Fantastic show!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

VagueRant posted:

Oh, for real? I've been meaning to watch Glow for ages but the trailer (and presence of Mark Maron?) somehow convinced me it would be kinda sad and mean-spirited. That's deffo going to the top of the list then. Thanks, peeps!

Will have to look into these others too.

It starts a bit dark- early on the lead character does a bad thing that hurts her only friend- but it's all about the rebuilding. Everyone's very flawed, but they're rarely beyond redemption. A bunch of women who have problems finding a kind of common purpose in a stupid campy wrestling show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Peak Kenzi is season 2 though. Kenzi is the only reason to watch it.

Kenzi is still pretty great in season 3 iirc

I used to love that show, my wife did too. She aspires to Kenzi-hood

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's the announced cast list for the Good Omens miniseries:
Michael Sheen - Aziraphale (an angel)
David Tennant - Crowley (a demon)
Jack Whitehall - Newton Pulsifer (Witchfinder)
Adria Arjona - Anathema Device (professional descendant)
Michael McKean - Sgt Shadwell (Also a Witchfinder and Newt's superior)
Miranda Richardson - Madame Tracy (psychic and part time courtesan)
Nina Sosanya - Sister Mary Loquacious (of the Chattering Order of St Beryl)
Ariyon Bakare - Ligur (Duke of Hell)
Ned Dennehy - Hastur (another Duke of Hell)

I think the only major characters left are the Anti-Christ, his friends and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

VagueRant posted:

As a counterpoint, I was rewatching seasons 1 and 2 of Community and I really like the saccharine teamwork/friendship climax while an indie song plays, or the music swelling as a character giving a rousing uplifting speech. Really sold the heart of that show. Got a real craving for more of that - likeable characters you can actually root for.

If you never saw Parks & Rec go watch that. It's hilarious and 100% positive. (Standard first 6 eps are bad warning).

Same thing with New Girl, which is still making new episodes.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

precision posted:

Kenzi is still pretty great in season 3 iirc

I used to love that show, my wife did too. She aspires to Kenzi-hood

Kenzi is why I kept watching the show and when her actress dipped, I stopped watching the show. I don't even know how the series ended.

Coldplay Werewolf got better as the series went on at least. I hated the dumb love triangle poo poo however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

muscles like this! posted:

Adria Arjona - Anathema Device (professional descendant)
Michael McKean - Sgt Shadwell (Also a Witchfinder and Newt's superior)

These are better casting gets than Tennant/Sheen imo

Also I just started American Vandal and it is so good

• Locked thread