Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Persona 5
  2. Abzu
  3. Steamworld Heist
  4. Bravely Default
  5. Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series
  6. FTL: Faster Than Light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never been able to beat FTL...that last boss is a MFer

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

In Training posted:

i dont recall it being that crazy, more of a diceroll because the ship parts you have REALLY make or break your chances. if memory serves me right, if you dont have a weapons specifically for messing with shields you're SOL, and up until that point its viable to not have one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I haven't played it in years but got the calling in my soul & followed it.. to victory

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

WTF I managed to beat it with the stealth ship as well. Two wins in 1 night = FTW power gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

WTF I managed to beat it with the stealth ship as well. Two wins in 1 night = FTW power gaming

:staredog:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Stealth setup.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mystic Warriors (1CC)

Total playtime: 31:01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44KHbWUoFs

Finally got it yesterday afternoon (right before I had to leave for a birthday party so no time to celebrate lol). Amazing game; graphics and music are top-notch and the mechanics, while flawed, lend themselves well to a kind of Shinobi-but-faster experience. Biggest problem with the game is that it's just kind of unfair, and the difficulty is unbalanced. There are nine stages in the game and six is by far the hardest. Disregarding the bulk of the stage, which is very difficult but can be memorized and patterned out for the most part, the boss is super random and will often dish out undodgeable bullet patterns. On top of this, the game gets real stingy with its food drops on that stage, where you only get one at the boss if you've already died. It's basically a crapshoot for even a very skilled player to clear that stage without dying. Fortunately the rest of the game is very doable with one life.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

I remember finally reaching it and then holding on barely in the final fight, with only two crew members surviving and half my ship on fire...then the second phase began.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Nier Automata A ending as well as K and T. Now I'm doing the other route. This game is a masterpiece, 10/10 and so far it's game of the year in a year filled with masterpieces.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Liquid Drink posted:

Nier Automata A ending as well as K and T. Now I'm doing the other route. This game is a masterpiece, 10/10 and so far it's game of the year in a year filled with masterpieces.

I'm jealous, Nier:A is one of those games I wish I could replay for the first time again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Resident Evil 4: Separate Ways using just the Blacktail.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally got around to my copy of Kirby Super Star Ultra, still need to do the Arena but I got to the credits and their extremely good music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQvj3V1sLDw) so I'll count it

I should play more Kirby games

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Decided to beat the very last mission of Battlefield 1's campaign after putting it off for a year.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Did you go Chaosfag or Lawfag? I'm playing it now I'm gonna try to be Lawfag.

Blue eagle all the time every time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i dont like that the graffiti is tied to a moral choice because sometimes you have to bve harsh to get a message across

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

18. Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

This is the best one.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

i dont like that the graffiti is tied to a moral choice because sometimes you have to bve harsh to get a message across

Was it? I always went blue because I wasn't sure but I didn't notice any karma change after painting a dup guy falling over and peeing his pants or whatever

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Oh yeah idk if it actually changes your meter significantly or whatever i just thought it was weird to say if you dont kill anyone you have to spraypaint flowers and chipmunks or whatever

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Xcom 2 War of the Chosen
normal, no ironman

Soral
May 30, 2009

pokeon blue (with 100% pokedex completion)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Beat Machinarium. They added Steam trading cards so I decided I might as well play it again for the achievements while I waited for them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Infamous Second Son

It was pretty fun, though my favorite part by far was the weird ARG DLC Paper Trail thing. Not only did it have a bunch of enjoyable puzzles and stuff, but its story was also way better than the main game.

I also beat Hand of Fate quite some time ago but thought I might come back to it to do more optional stuff but I really don't think I am so I'll list it now.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Yakuza Kiwami - time: 27:17. Awesome game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

19. Metroid: Zero Mission

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Final Fantasy XV. I'm gonna do some post game stuff, and I wanna do some max level hunts but idk if I'll platinum it just because of the skills like Survival and Photography which seems to just level up with playtime

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - Neutral Ending

My journey to expand my horizons with older SMT games begins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Mighty Switch Force 2

https://youtu.be/JaLpzyw4q3w

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

26.2) Resident Evil 4 (Professional mode) - No Weapon upgrades

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Wario Land 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

27) Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Metroid: Samus Returns

Great Metroid, has easily the best boss fights in the 2D series.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Metroid: Samus Returns

Great Metroid, has easily the best boss fights in the 2D series.

I'm really looking forward to seeing their new version of Queen Metroid. I've got like 6 Metroids left, if I wasn't doing other crap tonight I'd be powering through right now

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're in for a treat

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

27) Super Mario 64 online

Soral
May 30, 2009

samus returns

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

20. Parappa The Rapper 2. :geno: It was a game.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

codenameFANGIO posted:

20. Parappa The Rapper 2. :geno: It was a game.

Hey gently caress you

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Liquid Drink posted:

Hey gently caress you

It's bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played that parappa remaster and parappa kinda sucks as a rhythm game. The music is cool at least. But it has 4 songs and the way to get max clears is to mash buttons off the beat

• Locked thread