Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That game sure was something. At least some of the music was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope new Metroid sells well and they make a post Fusion one rather than more remakes, partially because people being happy with a Super Metroid remake is literally impossible.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

I hope new Metroid sells well and they make a post Fusion one rather than more remakes, partially because people being happy with a Super Metroid remake is literally impossible.

At this point Metroid has been done better by other people so Nintendo should just license it out because apparently Japan doesn't care.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That game sure was something. At least some of the music was good.

everything about it is good thank u

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What game is that

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

haveblue posted:

What game is that

Devil's Third

Edit: Devil's Turd

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

At this point Metroid has been done better by other people so Nintendo should just license it out because apparently Japan doesn't care.

there are lots of really good indie metroidvanias but i don't think a lot of them are specifically better than metroid. hell, i'd say there are very few that are as good as zero mission

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

BREAKING NEWS: CAT CONTINUES TO BE GOOD

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's a lazy as gently caress cat, a good cat.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mordja posted:

Devil's Third

Edit: Devil's Turd

devilsthird is real and strong and my friend

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

al-azad posted:

Both Samus Returns and probably Prime 4 are made in cooperation with outside developers, so they kinda are already.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

there are lots of really good indie metroidvanias but i don't think a lot of them are specifically better than metroid. hell, i'd say there are very few that are as good as zero mission

Zero mission is the best game Metroid and atop 5 game of all time so that's a high standard. I'd say most indie Metroid games are like...fusion but slightly better. But generally still nothing approaches that upper echelon of SM/ZM.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I played Knack 2 and I'm disappointed by its serviceable yet bland nature. I was expecting way worse.

I however am not disappointed by Knack's jiggle physics and golden toblerone nipples. I lost it when I noticed those.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I said come in! posted:

Cats are good eatin, I like them a lot

same

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Speaking of serviceable but bland, I heard ReCore was playable now?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Breach & Clear is $3 on GoG and is a very fun game.

That is all.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How has everyone's weekend been going?

I've been having a terrible weekend to be honest but I'm hoping that everyone else is having at least a decent one to balance things out somewhat.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been having a terrible weekend to be honest but I'm hoping that everyone else is having at least a decent one to balance things out somewhat.

I finally got around to beating Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. It was pretty good, not as good as The New Colossus imo, but man the last boss felt really dumb and unfun.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I spent like an hour wandering around my kitchen for some reason yesterday but other than that I'm doing okay.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how restrictive is the NBA 2k18 face scan? Could one for instance, scan a butt face

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

lol

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I played a lot of horizon zero dawn today. It continues to not click for me at all but people tell me it gets really good just around the corner so I'm going on anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm continuing to be distracted from Metroid because Ys 8 owns so much.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm continuing to play this visual novel called love at first sight.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353330/Love_at_First_Sight/

Have any of you ever had an experience like this where there is an entire genre of something that you just have absolutely not interest in, but then for some inexplicable reason you find a particular piece of that genre that you gravitate towards, and then without knowing much about it, you experience it and find that it is extremely relevant to you and your life and hits very close to home?

I'm sorry, I know that that doesn't really make any sense, but that's what love at first sight is to me.

I don't like visual novels, I'm not into them at all, especially not romance visual novels, but there was something about love at first sight that drew me in. I went in knowing nothing other than it is a romance game about a cyclops girl and that it has pretty and unique artwork. Playing the game, I've discovered that the cyclops girl is basically just me. It's surreal as hell reading through the story and I can pick out more or less every single piece and say :oh: because of how close to home it hits.

Image dump time

Sorry for image spamming but this whole game has just been an incredibly, deeply surreal experience for me. I don't know how else to describe it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm continuing to be distracted from Metroid because Ys 8 owns so much.
My current plan of attack is, alternate between Breath of the Wild and Metroid, and when one of those is finished switching to Ys 8. By that time Mario Odyssey will probably be out, so I'll go to that and I think Sonic Mania. With any luck after all of those I'll be able to start P5 before the end of the year, and Tales of Berseria shortly after that.

It's unfortunately looking like Mario & Rabbids is the casualty in all of this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are they all cyclopses in the first picture or are they doing a tetra wink

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Are they all cyclopses in the first picture or are they doing a tetra wink

Tetra wink. Middle girl is always bursting with energy to the point that she is also kind of a nuisance and annoying to people, dude on the left just exhausted by middle girl because he has to try to keep her on a leash a lot of the time (not physically, metaphorically) and she's making him stand in line to get them crepes.

Sachi's the only cyclops.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Good to hear that Love at First Sight is worth a genuine look. I was always put off by the games that artist produces because he does some really hosed up stuff and I have a hard time imagining myself engaging in a romance VN without thinking back to his body horror art.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FauxLeather posted:

I was always put off by the games that artist produces because he does some really hosed up stuff

Do what now?

Love at First Sight is the first game they've made, it seems like it was made in 2012. What else have they done?

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

FirstAidKite posted:

Do what now?

Love at First Sight is the first game they've made, it seems like it was made in 2012. What else have they done?

Idk their entire portfolio but the artist worked on one called Teaching Feeling and that one makes me uncomfortable to say the least. It's a smut game though so I can only blame myself for looking at it.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Me: I think I'll play some Destiny 2.

Baby: You idiot. You colossal moron.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FauxLeather posted:

Idk their entire portfolio but the artist worked on one called Teaching Feeling and that one makes me uncomfortable to say the least. It's a smut game though so I can only blame myself for looking at it.

"Teaching Feeling" is a name that sounds like something either very cutesy or very not-cutesy, with no middle ground. If not for the fact that you said it is a smut game, idk what I'd think based on the title.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Me: I think I'll play some Destiny 2.

Baby: You idiot. You colossal moron.

Your baby has taste. :colbaby:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

You know, people make fun of anime but there is literally something for everyone and once you find that something you pray nobody you know finds out but secretly wish for a kindred spirit to accidentally name drop so that you know you're not alone

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry for image spamming but this whole game has just been an incredibly, deeply surreal experience for me. I don't know how else to describe it.

:stare:

Uh.... cool stuff dude.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

You know, people make fun of anime but there is literally something for everyone and once you find that something you pray nobody you know finds out but secretly wish for a kindred spirit to accidentally name drop so that you know you're not alone

The path of the anime fan is a lonely one.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Anime's power is so great that the mere mention of it causes some to tremble in fear, quivering in their boots.

Truly a force to be reckoned with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

al-azad posted:

Anime is a medium, but people often mistake it for a genre. Yeah.

But I dunno about the praying nobody finds out bit? I have no problem telling people that Cowboy Bebop or My Hero Academia is good poo poo.

• Locked thread