Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It still boggles my mind that in a game with an infusion mechanic that is clearly explained and necessary, people are bitching about getting 10 power level guns that have insane perks, and for doing absolutely nothing.

The only thing that matters is having the gun. The power level can be taken care of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

tqilamknbrd posted:

are destiny players the most entitled???

It's true some of us really know how to push the envelope.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It still boggles my mind that in a game with an infusion mechanic that is clearly explained and necessary, people are bitching about getting 10 power level guns that have insane perks, and for doing absolutely nothing.

The only thing that matters is having the gun. The power level can be taken care of.

BUT ITS 10 LIGHT WTF BUNGIE

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I got a level 10 gun from the engram and just immediately slammed a blue lovely gun into it. I'm surprised anyone cares.

I like that the trials guns and armor all have extra story tidbits attached. The Mini-tool does too!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
A wacky bipolar AI that's teetering on the deep end from isolation shouldn't work after GladOS but man I love Failsafe. Her lines are pretty well done (the way she goes Ugh, humans cracks me the hell up) and her disdain for Cayde is well written and meritorious

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I like how are ghost is nearly repulsed by Failsafe. Its like how someone acts when a fatty mcfatface won't quit hitting on them. It's hilarious.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

I like how are ghost is nearly repulsed by Failsafe. Its like how someone acts when a fatty mcfatface won't quit hitting on them. It's hilarious.

Between Failsafe and Vex, Ghost has many options

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Am I correct in understanding that Xur will now stick around until Tuesday?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Also I've had at least two patrol dialogues where the friendly ghost was straight up hitting on me. Something about how I shouldn't tell the other ghosts, but he picked the best guardian, and how much he loves being my partner

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Calaveron posted:

A wacky bipolar AI that's teetering on the deep end from isolation shouldn't work after GladOS but man I love Failsafe. Her lines are pretty well done (the way she goes Ugh, humans cracks me the hell up) and her disdain for Cayde is well written and meritorious

This is kinda Bungie's shtick with AI though. Bungie loves a good AI Rampancy plot; they used it in Marathon, and in Halo, and Failsafe is showing signs of it too.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I love Shaxx so much

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ghost gay so what

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.

McCoy Pauley posted:

Am I correct in understanding that Xur will now stick around until Tuesday?

No, that part's the same as D1.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I love Shaxx so much

video games have no business being this good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I love Shaxx so much

"Lord Shaxx we've all lost our light everyone's dying"
"GET BACK IN THE CRUCIBLE GUARDIAN"
"But Shaxx we'll die"
"NOT IF YOU'RE GOOD"

"Lord Shaxx we're retaking the city will you help us"
"WHY THE gently caress AREN'T YOU IN THE CRUCIBLE"
"Lord Shaxx please"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Tensokuu posted:

This is kinda Bungie's shtick with AI though. Bungie loves a good AI Rampancy plot; they used it in Marathon, and in Halo, and Failsafe is showing signs of it too.

I just hope it's her going regular loopy and eccentric rather than the melodramatic OH NO THE AI IS GOING INSANE AND WILL KILL US ALL/WE LOVE IT SO MUCH BECAUSE IT'S IN THE SHAPE OF A CURVY NAKED PURPLE LADY AND WILL JUST DISAPPEAR

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Pretty cool. My bestie from middle school just saw I was playibg d2 and we caught up while shooting space mans.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Destiny still doesn't have a mmr type system for pvp? :psyduck:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Man I got the Long Walk and levelled it up and it RULES. The tiny mag is a little bit of a bummer however.

Also if I hear Calus' cup go ping on the floor one more time, I think I am going to go full Pavlovian.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 17, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Strawberry Panda posted:

Pretty cool. My bestie from middle school just saw I was playibg d2 and we caught up while shooting space mans.

:stoked:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Emblem across the top. In fireteam it shows number of times flawless.

Pulse Rifle:
High Impact Frame
Various barrels
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Headseeker
Snapshot Sights

Sidearm:
Precision Frame
Various sights
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Threat Detector
Zen Moment

Autorifle:
Precision Frame
Various barrels
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Tap the Trigger
Hip Fire

Sniper:
Aggressive Frame
Various barrels
Slide to reload + range/stability OR Outlaw
QuickDraw

Hunter Cape:
Non shader the black bits are white.

Hunter Helmet:

The shaders make things look like the weapons you see above.

Incredibly upset I will likely never have these.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mango sentinel posted:

If you can sneak your way into a clan with trialers you can get a lot of that without ever having to actually play it.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

mango sentinel posted:

Get gud or pay 30 bucks for someone to do it for you

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

People will eventually carry you through. Worked for me!

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It's 4v4 now so getting carried is a fair bit more feasible than before

Just stick with the team since team shooting is a new thing

Speaking of such, what is the thing about Destiny 2 pvp that makes team shooting a million times more prevalent? In 1 it's all about flanking and being environmentally smart, but it seems you just can't do that anymore

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
1. Time to kill is higher
2. No instagib weapons on spawn

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

mango sentinel posted:

As long as you're in a clan that has at least one team doing them you should get an engram a week with a trials drop. I got the shotgun.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Speaking of such, what is the thing about Destiny 2 pvp that makes team shooting a million times more prevalent? In 1 it's all about flanking and being environmentally smart, but it seems you just can't do that anymore

Destiny learned the most important rule of fighting: in any fight, the side who wins is whose side's friend shows up first.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

Destiny still doesn't have a mmr type system for pvp? :psyduck:

It doesn't appear to have any basic weighting systems for preformed teams either, which is utterly baffling. Playing the crucible today substantially reduced my enthusiasm for this game.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's just a learning curve. Learn the maps and all that first you big baby.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Coolwhoami posted:

It doesn't appear to have any basic weighting systems for preformed teams either, which is utterly baffling. Playing the crucible today substantially reduced my enthusiasm for this game.

Quick match is entirely random. The other choice (competitive?) gives you weighting, but it takes longer to form teams.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Coolwhoami posted:

I'm constantly raping teams apart with a rando squad and I'm merely ok. Git meh.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I played against a 4-man group with all MIDAs today in quickplay, and after going down by 20 in the first few minutes, my group of randos ended up coming back and winning by 20 just by virtue of literally never splitting up. It was a lot of fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Id like to thank everyone who slogged out those 7-8 losses in a row in trials of the nine. Someday well see the lighthouse, just not together obviously jesus.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The moment someone in Bellevue decided to drop that gear at 10 power those packages were transformed from an opportunity to level up to yet another disappointing moment when you stop and ask why Bungie did not simply put a loving matchmaking button in raid or trials.

I wonder what happens if you shard welfared trials gear, do you get legendary shards or was that gear queenswrathed away?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You can still flank but they need to be focusing on your team and not on you.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Barudak posted:

Id like to thank everyone who slogged out those 7-8 losses in a row in trials of the nine. Someday well see the lighthouse, just not together obviously jesus.

I'm not shedding a tear when the MIDI exotic gets nerfed because trials is a wasteland of that gun. Also they need to put in a timer for defusing/planting on the objective itself.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

I'm not shedding a tear when the MIDI exotic gets nerfed because trials is a wasteland of that gun. Also they need to put in a timer for defusing/planting on the objective itself.

Trials is mostly MIDA land right now because the map is super good for scouts. the lanes have very little in the way of flank routes, it's basically Pantheon II, the revenge of the worst Trials map

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Just opened Hastilude

Rolling in the best style, ask me anything about my best life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

limaCAT posted:

you stop and ask why Bungie did not simply put a loving matchmaking button in raid or trials.

lmao that people are still this autistic