Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Healing Dart is going to turn all your team mates into GM-level jinkers all of a sudden. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

MMAgCh posted:

Healing Dart is going to turn all your team mates into GM-level jinkers all of a sudden. It'd be hilarious if it weren't so infuriating.
Agreed. Li Li does 200 every 3 seconds to Someone by mashing Q, so doing doing 250 every 2 seconds that might do zero to the stutter-stepping and vaulting Valla you actually want to heal or 250 to a full-health Misha doesn't seem totally out of line.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't wait for the one time I manage to grenade someone just before Ancestral lands. Is Palm's stasis short enough for it to block its healing?

Libertine posted:

I finally had couple really enjoyable games of new Lt. Morales last night. It involved me playing with my friend who played Raynor all night and just stim-packing him on cooldown. One or the other of us MVP'd every match.
I've had great success with a friend playing Garrosh. He becomes practically unkillable and provide a massive amount of peel.

And even if there are no other good stim targets you can still give him much faster bloodthirst resets. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 16, 2017

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Looks like a support that's actually fun to play. Good job Blizzard. Probably.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/909109195831513088

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Toady posted:

Toxicity is a factor. Practically all I hear about Overwatch anymore is how awful other players are to each other. That recent video of Kaplan pleading with the community to stop is sad.

Jeff Kaplan's video was stupid, but I'm intensely skeptical that Overwatch's playerbase is somehow more toxic than MOBA playerbases, sorry.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Bad thing about Ana : you can't trigger your whole team by picking Healing Triple Tap as your ultimate ability.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Eraflure posted:

Bad thing about Ana : you can't trigger your whole team by picking Healing Triple Tap as your ultimate ability.

You can probably troll the hell out of your team by "barely missing" all your healing darts though. "Sorry guys, you're just moving too much."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Are you referring to old "wait for everybody to die and rez them" Mercy or new "anime battlefield nurse" Mercy?

Old Mercy.

Also I am glad Deathwing D.Va exists.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gustav posted:

They gave literally Sleep to an Overwatch hero? loving hell... No wonder they just can't seem to come up with a kit for a Dreadlord hero.

These days most dreadlords in WoW throw out sleep clouds that float around which you have to dodge, and can sleep you multiple times if you gently caress up or the cloud doubles back. Could be a nice ult.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Genji and tracer are very mobile, but dva isn't much more mobile than hammer, zarya is as immobile as anyone, and Lucio is much less mobile than say brightwing or rehgar, and junkrat will be exactly as mobile as anub'arak. so maybe your problem is with genji and not the entire concept of an overwatch hero.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dietrich posted:

Lucio is much less mobile than say brightwing or rehgar

Lucio's problem is that he made/makes others more mobile alongside himself and enabled a lot of stupid things when he was still an issue.

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

Chromie's Bye Bye is just a talent, first of all - she doesn't have it by default and she's giving up other options to get access to it. Secondly, using it removes her from the fight. Genji, by comparison, has two movement skills and Protection as core facets of his design, all of which can be used to get in and out of fights as needed.

So no, there's not really much comparing to be done here.

1. I know it's a talent. I said as much.

2. I was not comparing them for the sake of saying which one is better or worse, merely giving examples of what I consider to be overpowered ability

Genji's dash should be half as long to even make it balanced. Being able to dash 3/4ths of a screen is stupid design.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Genji's dash shouldn't get a full reset on kill, it should get half CDR. There should always be risk to a dive.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
The risk is the target doesn't die, or someone else kills him just as you dash.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
That risk kinda goes away from from having [Protected] on demand and also a trait that lets him ignore terrain and if he dives with any of those on CD he's a loving moron.

There's also the problem that he can just play super safe with AAs and still hurt a lot. His Base AA damage is like one less then Raynors for some strange reason.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Gustav posted:

They gave literally Sleep to an Overwatch hero? loving hell... No wonder they just can't seem to come up with a kit for a Dreadlord hero.

They gave an Overwatch hero a core part of her Overwatch kit? loving hell...

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Look folks, they don't care if the Overwatch heroes don't fit properly into the game. They care about how much money it will bring in. The Overwatch fan base is huge and people will come over to try Heroes out.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The game that crosses over every big Blizzard franchise is trying to profit off of fanservice? :monocle:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

beejay posted:

Look folks, they don't care if the Overwatch heroes don't fit properly into the game. They care about how much money it will bring in. The Overwatch fan base is huge and people will come over to try Heroes out.

I would argue that the Overwatch characters fit the most properly in this MOBA

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Are you referring to old "wait for everybody to die and rez them" Mercy or new "anime battlefield nurse" Mercy?

What changed?

Incidently didn't D.Va get reworked too? Can they make her fun to play in this, maybe?

Gustav posted:

They'll probably use Tich or Mal'Ganis' abilities from WoW to make up the other ult that isn't Inferno, and replace sleep/a third ability (as vamp aura seems like a trait).

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 16, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

John Murdoch posted:

The game that crosses over every big Blizzard franchise is trying to profit off of fanservice? :monocle:

i'm the sniper grandma fanservice

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cuntellectual posted:

What changed?

Incidently didn't D.Va get reworked too? Can they make her fun to play in this, maybe.

In Overwatch terms, Mercy's rez went from an ult to a regular ability on a 30 second cooldown but with a lot more restrictions (requires LoS and can't be done through walls, you have to be much closer to someone's corpse to rez them, no more invincibility when rezzing, and I think the window of time you have to rez got shortened), then her new ult is now basically a Super Sayan mode where Mercy can freely fly, her heal and damage beam abilities chain to nearby heroes, rez goes on a 10 second CD, and she has infinite ammo.

D.Va got reworked to have less emphasis on defense matrix, the duration was cut to 50% of its normal max (2 seconds down from 4 seconds). In exchange she can now shoot her shotguns while flying and also gained a micro-missile barrage with a brief windup that she can combo with either her defense matrix or her shotguns at the same time.

Power Bottom posted:

i'm the sniper grandma fanservice

People are thirsty as gently caress for every Overwatch character.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

People are thirsty as gently caress for every Overwatch character.

im the rodhogxd.va slash

e: I'm not fixing that incredibly Freudian typo.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

the new AI is pretty good, it follows up when I cc and stuff

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

Jeff Kaplan's video was stupid, but I'm intensely skeptical that Overwatch's playerbase is somehow more toxic than MOBA playerbases, sorry.

:confused: I didn't say Overwatch's playerbase was more toxic than MOBA playerbases.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Toady posted:

:confused: I didn't say Overwatch's playerbase was more toxic than MOBA playerbases.

Fair, I'm just not sure how much the toxic elements are responsible for a polarized opinion of a game when toxicity seems to be a fairly common component to all online games these days. It is true that Blizzard has done a poor job of moderating their most successful game to, but I think that when things are successful that you just don't tend to see a lot of middle-road opinions about it, either it's incredibly amazing or the worst trash garbage for idiot shitfuckers ever.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

A lot of wrong people in this thread lately, what the gently caress has happened to you goons.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is there a list of which older character AI have been updated?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

The AI update was going live with the PTR, I thought.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think Garrosh is the closest a character has ever been to me really, really liking them, but ended up hating.

His animations are just so... wussy, and his damage is so utterly pathetic. It feels like the cost for his pull/throw combo being so good was everything else. Which works for pro games, but I care about pro hots even less than pro rock paper scissors.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 17, 2017

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

esports are the future my friend

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

esports are the future my friend

Yeah, and there's exactly one good one in the battle.net client, and that's brood war hd.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Cuntellectual posted:

Yeah, and there's exactly one good one in the battle.net client, and that's brood war hd.

I grew up on that game, and the only ranking in it that matters to me is where I am against family.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

His animations are just so... wussy, and his damage is so utterly pathetic. It feels like the cost for his pull/throw combo being so good was everything else. Which works for pro games, but I care about pro hots even less than pro rock paper scissors.

I still enjoy him well enough, probably just because I've wanted the guy for so long, but this is so true it kills me, it feels really bad to be this big orc arms warrior and then do wet noodle damage even if his pull -> toss is fun.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Garrosh should just be mixing it up with his fists the entire time and his ults should have him pull out a random Warcraft legendary

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

I still enjoy him well enough, probably just because I've wanted the guy for so long, but this is so true it kills me, it feels really bad to be this big orc arms warrior and then do wet noodle damage even if his pull -> toss is fun.

That's pretty much it. I got him (and his skin even, because it's awesome) but he barely moves his torso for his moves and he doesn't really do anything exciting.

I almost feel like he was supposed to be a multiclass hero to make him a parallel to Varian, since they were framed up as being opposites, but with how much of a headache the matchmaking was they just cranked all his damage numbers down by 70%.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Cuntellectual posted:

I think Garrosh is the closest a character has ever been to me really, really liking them, but ended up hating.

I noticed he was free this week and played him today for the first time. I'm of the opinion that he has a lot of power and that certainly didn't change from playing him; however his kit just feels really uncomfortable to me and I don't know how that will change from repeat plays.

If you miss any step of his primary combo his entire play rotation just falls apart in a really jarring way. I have seen it from enemy Garrosh players where they make a mistake and then just kind of stand there totally hosed and now I get it, I had some of those moments playing him.

I still had a great game lot of assists, lot of plays made, his kit just has so many big play opportunities in it - but in a subjective sense I really dislike the way that it flows and how his gameplay is totally dependent/reliant on those windows of his combo being up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

I almost feel like he was supposed to be a multiclass hero to make him a parallel to Varian, since they were framed up as being opposites, but with how much of a headache the matchmaking was they just cranked all his damage numbers down by 70%.

Same way here, I wish they had given him a two spec choice or something like that, either let him be super tanky CC boy or let him be able to do real damage for tradeoff on his utility. Hell some mixed up talents would make him feel better, give him one that makes bloodthirst do some multiplied damage on guys under X% health or some stuff like that, he's still decently fun as he is but I wanted Garrosh so I could have the dude swinging Gorehowl around, not damage soaking and enemy slowing. He's just got that sad feeling of a character who's good, but they don't feel good or at least not in the right way.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grom wouldn't have felt weak to play, but nobody should really have expected better of his son.