Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I'm a millionaire. I win. I get giving GGG money, but multiple times an average game price seems a smidge excessive.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Awesome! posted:

you are going to get a bramblejack no matter what you turn in just accept it

Turns out it was a Lioneyes Glare. :woop:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Any chance of a guild invite, Armyofbun

nerox
May 20, 2001

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm a millionaire. I win. I get giving GGG money, but multiple times an average game price seems a smidge excessive.

I've given GGG more than the average game price, but I have given GGG less than 20 cents for every hour I have played, which is makes it my cheapest hobby by far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

NofrikinfuN posted:

Turns out it was a Lioneyes Glare. :woop:

uh, congrats?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

nerox posted:

I've given GGG more than the average game price, but I have given GGG less than 20 cents for every hour I have played, which is makes it my cheapest hobby by far.

I didn't become a billionaire by spending more than market rate for a video game. Now excuse me I'm considering buying more led grow lights ($$$-$$$$), a fancy water monitoring device($$$), and more.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Sep 17, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Tell St Peter I can't go, I owe my soul to the micro transaction store

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Are there any key break points in map level in terms of desireable items dropping or is it always just higher is better?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
ilvl 84 is generally speaking the max needed for T1 mods on anything.
ilvl 75 is needed for the regal recipe, which is something I actually haven't bothered with for once this league.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Regals are actually worth LESS than chaos orbs, so you don't want to do the regal recipe. If you're doing the chaos recipe you should be storing a bunch of extra belts or amulets in the chaos recipe's range, so that you can slot them in to "downgrade" the recipe while using armor and weapons above ilvl 75. Eventually you'd run out so long as you keep running maps that drop above ilvl 75, though. Which is fine since at that point you shouldn't be relying on the chaos recipe and instead should be focusing on currency drops. Or picking up rares only from bosses I guess, since they can occasionally be worth selling.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 17, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I spent 20 dollars on this game and I'll probably spend another 20 next league and then I'll have enough tabs

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
This ED scion I'm playing suddenly got a lot more fun and less rippy when I switched out my wand for a dagger and slotted in whirling blades.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I almost cracked in buying some kind of armor MTX last league so I wouldn't have to look at how ugly hubris circlet / vaal regalia / sorc boots looked on my CI characters, especially since I leveled my VFB character to 96.

I managed to hold out, but I know GGG is going to take more money from me eventually. I've managed to keep all my spending to stash related items.

It'd be sick to have a spectral throw MTX and gloom herald though...

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I don't spend enough time checking out my character to bother with armor sets. I'm a sucker for spell SFX though.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

terrified of my bathroom posted:

theres a couple almost identical ones listed rn at 100c and 3 ex http://poe.trade/search/kikohumaunanor

Yeah, I eventually settled on 100c, no idea if it'll sell, but it's worth a shot

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So on primordial harmony there is a mod to golem skills cooldown and golem cooldown. So the skills cooldown is your own personal casting of golems and the golems cooldown effectively increases the golem cast speed, yes?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

So on primordial harmony there is a mod to golem skills cooldown and golem cooldown. So the skills cooldown is your own personal casting of golems and the golems cooldown effectively increases the golem cast speed, yes?

Right.

Also i just dumped a bunch of currency into a golemancer, still need to grab a presence of chayula and a few more harmonies (and then probably swap to elementalist for that juicy ele immunity for shaper) but it's already so chill to play. Complete opposite of the go fast wander build that funded it.

Also turns out to be real good for hall of grandmasters, apart from the max block dudes (gotta bring in someone with rf/sr to take those stragglers out).

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Mr. Despair posted:

Right.

Also i just dumped a bunch of currency into a golemancer, still need to grab a presence of chayula and a few more harmonies (and then probably swap to elementalist for that juicy ele immunity for shaper) but it's already so chill to play. Complete opposite of the go fast wander build that funded it.

Also turns out to be real good for hall of grandmasters, apart from the max block dudes (gotta bring in someone with rf/sr to take those stragglers out).

Wait, you can change ascendancies?

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 17, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, you can chance ascendancies?

It takes 5 regret points to regret a single ascendancy point, you can change your ascendancy once you no longer have any allocated.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Count Uvula posted:

It takes 5 regret points to regret a single ascendancy point, you can change your ascendancy once you no longer have any allocated.

Good to know, thanks.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

nerox posted:

Yep, it's this. I've got 1000 hours in the game (probably 900 actual play hours, since I've left it on overnight once or twice) and even if I've spent $1000, a buck an hour is pretty good as games go.

cytoc
Apr 3, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

Right.

I was running hall of grandmasters last league on my golem build. Most of the max block guys felt pretty harmless if the golems were not out, so I just carried an extra pair of boots with a four link sr to kill them while the golems were unsummoned. The sr was only like level 15 because that was effective enough and I couldn't be arsed buying a higher level gem.

I also tried a levelled block reduction gem, but that was not really effective.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

loving finally. I know some of you guys are rolling in the 100s of exalteds but I don't have enough time to grind currency, so at least now I'm not piss poor anymore.

Considering I'm never gonna get richer than this should I just buy a 6-link Starforge and roll with it?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

whypick1 posted:

ilvl 84 is generally speaking the max needed for T1 mods on anything.
ilvl 75 is needed for the regal recipe, which is something I actually haven't bothered with for once this league.

I heard that the new hybrid life/armor rolls have a tier 1 at 85 for chestpieces now but I never confirmed if it was true

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Question to other phys cycloners and use of Bloodlust Support. Is it better in a 5L Ancestral Warchief to bolster its damage when my 6L Cyclone procs a bleed (at 25% total chance from passives) on a single target, or vice versa (and lose a little clear/no-totem/no-bleeding-mobs DPS as a result)? I'm kinda guessing the latter from PoB but thought I'd check.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 17, 2017

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Elentor posted:

loving finally. I know some of you guys are rolling in the 100s of exalteds but I don't have enough time to grind currency, so at least now I'm not piss poor anymore.

Considering I'm never gonna get richer than this should I just buy a 6-link Starforge and roll with it?

What the gently caress was your storm cloud? +1 Arrows and 6 linked or something?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alt art.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Elentor posted:

Alt art.

keeping that poo poo in a remove only for so long wow

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a very patient man. :v:

Besides I had two, I took one in the first league available, played with it enough to take it out of my system, and keep it on standard. I kept the other on remove-only until I felt like using it. I liked FoO enough to take it out.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

interrodactyl posted:

I managed to hold out, but I know GGG is going to take more money from me eventually. I've managed to keep all my spending to stash related items.

At the end of next year when I will have considerable some disposable income I'm gonna look so sweet.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Steam library shows me at ~2800 hours, over the course of however long. Plus another thousand or so hours before it was on steam. So figure 4000 hours over the last uh...6 years? however long it's been since closed beta.

I've spent MAYBE a thousand bucks. Probably anywhere from 750 to 1250. That's basically a quarter an hour. A movie at the theater near me would end up being 5.50$/hour. It's hard to beat value like that, considering for most of my early PoE time I was an insanely broke college kid.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Elentor posted:

Alt art.

So, what, do they just want to admire it taking up a space in their inventory?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

People pay absurd money for collectible poo poo irl, guess it makes a perverse kind of sense that they pay absurd pretend money for pretend collectibles

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Most of the alt art in game has actual alt-3d art as well, so could be a nice skin transfer for say, a pimped out doomfletch build.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You can skin-transfer the Storm Cloud to your current actual bow. It's a very pretty blue glowy model.

J
Jun 10, 2001

If you ever wanted to see all the alt arts in the game that you never knew existed, you can check out this very rich person's collection.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
so uh can you turn that into a alt art Tempest? that would be actually playable

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I kinda want hussar wings but I also wanna wait for a sale

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

J posted:

If you ever wanted to see all the alt arts in the game that you never knew existed, you can check out this very rich person's collection.

Did he divine his foil lightning coil? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

I heard that the new hybrid life/armor rolls have a tier 1 at 85 for chestpieces now but I never confirmed if it was true

yeah there are a couple of 85 t1 affixes. t1 bleed chance is also 85