Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Is anyone else just really hard up for Shards? I'm at the point where I can create Legendary mods to earn shards but that's pretty much my only source. Anytime I get a new legendary it's either an upgrade or a side-grade (piece of armor I don't have, usually). And since I'm a hoarder trying to collect sets I don't get duplicates often enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Rubellavator posted:

Somebody confirm/deny this for me.

Above 260~

i didn't read any of what you posted but this might help:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

AAB posted:

i didn't read any of what you posted but this might help:

No, but thanks for trying. I just wanted to see if my observations lined up with others. I'm fairly certain of what I posted though.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

No, but thanks for trying. I just wanted to see if my observations lined up with others. I'm fairly certain of what I posted though.

Shut up, bitch.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love these new shaders. :allears:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hey, any xboners wanna do the nightfall?

Like 3 people online in boners part deuce.
Name: raukcaran

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sweet Business + Actium chest will poo poo out damage.

Probably, but I'm a Warlock.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos
New shader system is great. I love that sperglords are freaking out over it because they can't get what they want.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Some of the shaders are gorgeous too. I love midnight talons and the raid shader. Tarnished copper looks amazing on a lot of guns, since it adds a grid-indented pattern on the texturework on top of the surface finish

Everytime you get a bright engram, there's enough in there to dismantle for plenty of lovely looking shaders from everiss. It's a nice and easy way to look all fancy

You can also spend :10bux: for a bunch. Fund an extra boss or two for the next raid

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
This shader system is awesome, it gave me more shaders before lvl20 than i had in all of D1.
Also suros modular shine looks amazing on the magnetship.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I wish someone loved me as much as Calus loves his cup

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

sparticus posted:

New shader system is great. I love that sperglords are freaking out over it because they can't get what they want.

I liked the old shader system because it was a collection I was building with an end point. But I like this too as it always gives me something to chase for.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Ularg posted:

I liked the old shader system because it was a collection I was building with an end point. But I like this too as it always gives me something to chase for.

Remember this is space barbies. The more then merrier.

I'm going to go for the pretty pink princess space wizard collection with matching accessories.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

JBP posted:

No I mean compared to destiny vanilla, which I played a lot of, not destiny plus DLC, which I didn't play much after the first expansion. It took me a weekend to reach the end of this game and I feel like the game is shorter to play through.

I didnt even make a judgement on the amount of content, which seems the same. It's more that it felt like it assumed I knew how to drive the bus. It introduces strikes with this really brief "STRIKES ARE BACK GUARDIAN" statement and away you go on strike playlist without ever seeing a strike mission.

Gotcha, yeah it just seems slow at first but once it ramps up it seems so good. I love that I still have a lot of activities to do.

Ularg posted:

Is anyone else just really hard up for Shards? I'm at the point where I can create Legendary mods to earn shards but that's pretty much my only source. Anytime I get a new legendary it's either an upgrade or a side-grade (piece of armor I don't have, usually). And since I'm a hoarder trying to collect sets I don't get duplicates often enough.

Yeah, I just either get excellent purples or none.

Stormlock with all cooldown mods and triggering conduction tines is amazing. poo poo damage out erryday all day

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Which vendor sells scout rifles, if any of them?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soul Glo posted:

Which vendor sells scout rifles, if any of them?

You can't go buy specific weapons any more but scout rifles might drop from Shaxx, Zavala, Kay at least. You also get the best PVE scout as an automatic campaign reward.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 17, 2017

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Huxley posted:

This is probably silly and I probably already know the answer, but if I really want a specific planet set is there any easier way to get it than just grinding events and chests and getting lucky on turn-ins? I have this vision of getting the legs 10 turn-ins in a row and it almost makes me not want to start.

This is me

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

haveblue posted:

You can't go buy specific weapons any more but scout rifles might drop from Shaxx, Zavala, Kay at least. You also get the best PVE scout as an automatic campaign reward.

I must have already dismantled it. :argh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Huxley posted:

This is probably silly and I probably already know the answer, but if I really want a specific planet set is there any easier way to get it than just grinding events and chests and getting lucky on turn-ins? I have this vision of getting the legs 10 turn-ins in a row and it almost makes me not want to start.

Nope. It's purely RNG. I wanted some stuff from the Exodus Down set and it took me days for Failsafe to give me the specific parts I want. Grab a scouting report from Cayde, start figuring out where the chest heavy areas are, do Patrols and Events, look out for high value targets. It took me like 25-30 minutes on average to get enough tokens to spin the slot machine.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My only problem with the shader system is that I have like, 2-3 copies of the shaders I have so I can't color a full set of armor and weapons.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, the ones I want only seem to from eververse and she keeps giving me loving bumblebees

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ularg posted:

I have around 350 shards at the moment. Stop hoarding gear, maybe?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So meditations are a weekly thing right
Gonna take forever to have some of the nicest looking armor

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

haveblue posted:

Which one is that? Nameless Midnight?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Monolith. posted:

Which one is that? Nameless Midnight?

yeah

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Can confirm how kick-rear end this scout is.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Well even if I am terrible at raiding I am still winning at the only Destiny metagame that really matters: lookin' hella fly.

(generic screenshot, mine is 280+ light level)

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There needs to be a way to turn my 400 suros modular shaders into like 5 suros modular shine shaders

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

What activities are you guys doing for purples? I get a decent rate of exotics it seems as far as rarity goes for them, but I'm starved otherwise.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

FishBulb posted:

There needs to be a way to turn my 400 suros modular shaders into like 5 suros modular shine shaders

somewhere, an activision employee yells as he realizes a monetization path he didn't imagine: shader infusion

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

PathAsc posted:

What activities are you guys doing for purples? I get a decent rate of exotics it seems as far as rarity goes for them, but I'm starved otherwise.

Doing the raid will literally shower you in purples, to the point that you will feel that ammo is more valuable than Engrams. Other than that the easiest thing is to do Public Events and either get them from drops or trade for coins with the coin vendor folks. All the various rep/token vendors, including Gunsmith which you should aaaalllllways have a constant source of tokens for from breaking down trash drops, have been my most reliable source for them.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

PathAsc posted:

step 1: pop fireteam medallion
step 2: do literally anything

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've done those, except the raid which I can do after work.

Maybe the traveler hates me for being so fly

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Eris shits them out of bright engrams. I have everything decked out in suros modular shine.

Hey Bungie: when are you going to sell a replica chalice aka crunk cup for us to buy and drink from slash turn into a bong?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

Wait until Tess sells modular shine and then dismantle all your lovely ghosts and shaders and sparrows and ships to get dust.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Calaveron posted:

So meditations are a weekly thing right
Gonna take forever to have some of the nicest looking armor
Do the "X # of challanges" milestone for Ikora, you get extra tokens that way

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got 1000 dust out of a bright engram

:homebrew:

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
After not moving up in light level for most of a week, I did 1 milestone and jumped from 272 to 276. Just need to get up that last 4 so I can start buying mods.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

I got 1000 dust out of a bright engram

:homebrew:

Yeah I have had this happen a ton lmao

Anyone bitching about shaders was extremely stupid.

Unrelated but I got tractor cannon from Zavala last night. I didn't know vendors could pop exotics but now I do. This thing is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sweet Business + Actium chest will poo poo out damage.

I ran my alt titan through to the campaign yesterday with an actium chest and can confirm this. The chest grants 10% of your magazine every second, so Sweet Business grabs 10 bullets at a time.

Basically for any AR if you are firing in burtsts you will never have to reload ever. You will literally run out of reserve before you have to hit the reload button.