Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

HookShot posted:

White Spot is definitely an old white people restaurant

Also wrong as-... Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
LOL@ both those posts.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hell yes

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

Kawaii Crepe? Real good stuff.

Always meant to go there while I was going to the u of w but I never did.

Thus ends my kawaii crepe story

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
white spot burgers are gross come at me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Butcher posted:

Also wrong as-... Nevermind.

Studies show White Spot burgers correlate with male pattern baldness, film at 11

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

Studies show White Spot burgers correlate with male pattern baldness, film at 11

I'm also starting to go bald. :staredog:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Let's stay up to date and check in on the news.

Okay.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Eating a BC burger on the ferry is the most BC thing possible outside of spending >90% of your income on housing.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
So Wab Kinew crushed Steve Ashton to win the Manitoba NDP leadership and it took 30 minutes for the PCs to launch this website

https://www.wabon.ca

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Listen man if the president of the United States can grab women by the pussy I think a premier can beat an ex girlfriend or two.

Please Kinew save me from this Pallister induced nightmare.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

McGavin posted:

Eating a BC burger on the ferry is the most BC thing possible outside of spending >90% of your income on housing.

It's been like 10 years since I've been on them but the association White Spot=Ferry Food is still burned into my brain

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
How young are you people, I spent my whole childhood on the ferries eating the old unbranded cafeteria burgers.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

cowofwar posted:

How young are you people, I spent my whole childhood on the ferries eating the old unbranded cafeteria burgers.

I'll give a hint. One of the crowning achievements of my mid teen years was beating Time Crisis 2 on the ferry, using about $25 of change.

It was the unit in the corner with the guns, red and blue, I think?

edit: there was no triple o's then either

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 17, 2017

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

The Butcher posted:

I'll give a hint. One of the crowning achievements of my mid teen years was beating Time Crisis 2 on the ferry, using about $25 of change.

It was the unit in the corner with the guns, red and blue, I think?

edit: there was no triple o's then either
All my change belonged to the xmen machine.

Rescue kitty from the cave!
Nothing stops the blob!

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

cowofwar posted:

All my change belonged to the xmen machine.

Rescue kitty from the cave!
Nothing stops the blob!

Oh poo poo there was also a Gauntlet Legends machine, maybe later, but you could save your progress and resume next trip.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What a sad time for Manitoba politics.

On the right, we have old white men who are out of touch with the general population (aside from other, old white men) who have but one goal: reduce the budgetary deficit at all costs, regardless of outcomes. And then maybe we will get our sweet sweet 1% reduction in the PST (after all other taxes are raised/tax credits eliminated).

On the left, we have the Bolsheviks who are ready to turn every private enterprise in this province into a crown corporation, make unionization of every work place mandatory, give every Manitoban a $20k cheque if they vote NDP, and ignore basic accounting and budgeting principles in an attempt to give every vocal minority exactly what they are asking for and more.

Where are the centrists? Where are the seasoned politicians with a healthy mix of private and public experience? Where is the party that is driven by evidence-based policies with a little bit of left and a little bit of right - doing whatever it takes to achieve the best outcomes for the largest amount of people? Where are those that have not just the ability to budget, but the political will to make this province a better place by any other means than "slashing the deficit"? Where are the centrists who can see past party ideology? Why can we not do better?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I think I'm dying

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

littleorv posted:

I think I'm dying

same but emotionally

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Who gives a gently caress about Manitoba

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

Just consider it a condom between you and Ontario

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

cowofwar posted:

Seriously. Does no one remember the cool little cardboard ferries you'd get as a kid? Or the horrific "sunshine breakfast"? Or the little jello squares on a plate with a dollop of whip cream that were sold with a ridiculous markup?

BC ferries was great when they didn't give a gently caress about being bloated tourist boats.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

same but emotionally

Same but economically

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Butcher posted:

Look what you made me do. :mad:

Everyone who claims this looks appetizing forfeits any right to claim that smoking is disgusting.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PT6A posted:

Everyone who claims this looks appetizing forfeits any right to claim that smoking is disgusting.

*hacks, coughs up a lung, costs the rest of the country 200,000 in medical expenses*

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

PT6A posted:

I'd loving eat it

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'd eat it but I wouldn't feel good enough about how it looks to take a photo and share it on the internet

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

namaste faggots posted:

Niki Ashton hates Wab Kinew with a passion apparently and he crushed her dad in a leadership election so there's that.

littleorv posted:

I think I'm dying

That was like the worst quote I could find on Reddit, looks like the majority of people are mad that the PCs are spending time attacking Wab while mulling more health care cuts.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

TheKingofSprings posted:

*hacks, coughs up a lung, costs the rest of the country 200,000 in medical expenses*

I'm not saying smoking is good for you, I'm saying it's not disgusting. I'm, overall, glad I quit smoking cigarettes, but health aspects aside, I do miss it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

sitchensis posted:

Seriously. Does no one remember the cool little cardboard ferries you'd get as a kid? Or the horrific "sunshine breakfast"? Or the little jello squares on a plate with a dollop of whip cream that were sold with a ridiculous markup?

BC ferries was great when they didn't give a gently caress about being bloated tourist boats.

The "tourist servcies" is the only part of bcf that makes any money so the government subsidies needed to increase so that poo poo can be trimmed down imo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

That was like the worst quote I could find on Reddit, looks like the majority of people are mad that the PCs are spending time attacking Wab while mulling more health care cuts.

I should stop reading r/Winnipeg because everytime I read someone saying that racism towards Aboriginal people is not that big of an issue anymore and that Macleans article was wrong I get just a little bit more irritated than I was previously.

It owns how badly that article mind hosed people though. Still complaining about it years later.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

The Butcher posted:

Oh poo poo there was also a Gauntlet Legends machine, maybe later, but you could save your progress and resume next trip.

Oh gently caress I forget about that one, I definitely spent the majority of my change on that one. Got the game on N64 at some point as well.

sitchensis posted:

Or the little jello squares on a plate with a dollop of whip cream that were sold with a ridiculous markup?
Hahhaha those loving things were gross, even as a kid.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 17, 2017

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

cowofwar posted:

Growing up on Vancouver Island and being on the Wrestling team meant semi-regular trips to SFU for meets. That meant cafeteria burgers for me as well. My vice was the Rastan Saga machine though. I'm feeling old as well.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cowofwar posted:

24 and in another province :shrug:

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

I think White Spot burgers are pretty lousy and the fries that come with them are soggy garbage. Whenever I'm taking a ferry and it's around 11ish I'm paranoid that the menu will switch over to exclusively lunch and I'll be forced into getting a burger instead of the ferry breakfast.

In terms of local fast food A&W is dramatically better than White Spot.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Femtosecond posted:

I think White Spot burgers are pretty lousy and the fries that come with them are soggy garbage. Whenever I'm taking a ferry and it's around 11ish I'm paranoid that the menu will switch over to exclusively lunch and I'll be forced into getting a burger instead of the ferry breakfast.

In terms of local fast food A&W is dramatically better than White Spot.

The ferry/fast food version of white spot, "Triple O's", is vastly inferior to the food quality in the restaurants

e: also ferry tip as I used to work there: special order your burger in some way, take something off if you can. The crew has to make so many burgers every sailing that they pre-make them as often as possible, so a special order means it's always fresh and not soggy

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

Oh apparently the NDP leadership showcase is on now. Live streaming here on the CBC http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/ndp-s-leadership-candidates-make-final-pitches-in-sunday-showcase-1.4293903

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i'm old enough that bubble bobble was my goto on ferries

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Really liking Guy Caron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008