Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

EorayMel posted:

Is newspaper spiderman's semen radioactive?

Discuss.

wasn't there basically a story in the comic books about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

morallyobjected posted:

wasn't there basically a story in the comic books about this?

:thejoke:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

EorayMel posted:

Is newspaper spiderman's semen radioactive?

Discuss.

Well, his blood is radioactive and it cures diseases in NSM, so it's probably fine.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

it cures diseases in NSM

Whaaat? This is I gotta see.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Saoshyant posted:

Whaaat? This is I gotta see.

It's August 2005 to November 2005 in the OP. Four months of Peter versus a smarmy doctor. He doesn't get hit in the head by a guest star or inanimate object even once.

Then Peter lights part of the guy's house on fire.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's August 2005 to November 2005 in the OP. Four months of Peter versus a smarmy doctor. He doesn't get hit in the head by a guest star or inanimate object even once.

Started reading this and it immediately begins with Jonah trying to gently caress over Peter and complaining about him wanting Health Insurance :allears:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

What's this? A comic strip for Ant Man?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think Peter can show prior use on that patent. Or did I get the various trademark/patent laws confused again?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a longstanding superhero rule-- if you try to use a superhero's blood for literally anything you're an inhuman monster and deserve every misfortune that comes your way.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Note to self: stop recording incriminating voice memos.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP spider man

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Synthbuttrange posted:

RIP spider man

If only he had some sense that would tell him he was in danger

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

If only he had some sense that would tell him he was in danger

Like a sense. That warns by throbbing.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Kala's face :stare:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

so they're just straight up planning to murder tyrannus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Can't believe that Newspaper Spider-Man is gonna end forever within the next couple of days with his brutal death, being crushed under millions of tons of rocks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
... won't the reservoir still have lots of youthwater in it then if they block the stream feeding it? Isn't that the point of reservoirs? To hold amounts of water for storage?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

... won't the reservoir still have lots of youthwater in it then if they block the stream feeding it? Isn't that the point of reservoirs? To hold amounts of water for storage?

I'm sure there's a bathplug somewhere they can pull

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Can't believe that Newspaper Spider-Man is gonna end forever within the next couple of days with his brutal death, being crushed under millions of tons of rocks.

The rocks will dump him into the fountain of youth water, reverting him into a baby

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tunicate posted:

The rocks will dump him into the fountain of youth water, reverting him into a baby

Fountain: Right, as always my work is done when the subject has the brain of a baby.... oh, looks like I'm done here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Doesn't Kala also need the Fountain of Youth to not age to death in a single day?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Doesn't Kala also need the Fountain of Youth to not age to death in a single day?

Isn't her schtick just a "Can't be on the surface"?

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Aside from the obvious issue (that blocking the stream wont make the water already there disappear) the only way this plan works is if the fountain is half a mile away from where they all started, so that Spider-Man blocks the water before a sprinting for his life Tyrannus gets there.

Going by the sequence of events, it too Kala and Moleman about 20 seconds. Unless of course Spider-Man has been sitting there repeating out loud what he needs to do next for about half an hour. Which is entirely possible.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Jerusalem posted:

Don't worry, spidey will be fine. The ceiling will just break off into a bunch of brick sized chunks that will repeatedly bonk him on the head over the course of a week. He's taken worse abuse.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so is spider-man's plan here to straight up murder tyrannus because that's what it's sounding like

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dude's been alive for 1500 years! At this point it's no longer murder.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saoshyant posted:

Dude's been alive for 1500 years! At this point it's no longer murder.

It's supermurder!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if tyrannus ages into a skeleton which then turns to dust, that's just how his species hibernates

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Spider-Man is not going to kill Tyrannus. He'll just cut off his oxygen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Really, this is no surprise. After all, what is a brick, but a rectangular rock?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if tyrannus ages into a skeleton which then turns to dust, that's just how his species hibernates

Ancient Rome was a weird time.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Spider-Man, you have super strength and webbing. Just, like, hold Tyrannus down. He's probably older and weaker than a regular human now. This is not a problem that requires diverting a river.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
You know, I'm betting Kala just said "Now, go stop Tyrannus drinking from the fountain." and this is how Spidey interpreted that.

Though to be fair, his track record against elderly men armed with simple weapons isn't great.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
So is no one else going to mention that Tyrannus looks exactly like Aunt May in that second panel?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CityMidnightJunky posted:

So is no one else going to mention that Tyrannus looks exactly like Aunt May in that second panel?

Aunt May is his descendant and will inherit his kingdom?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

surprise ending- tyrannus marries mole man

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Elfface posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man: "his track record against elderly men isn't great"

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

All babies look the same, and all old people look the same. It's why it's called the circle of life.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its got a bathplug

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm sure there's a bathplug somewhere they can pull
Be honest, you're the shadow writer for this arc. It's okay, we won't tell.

• Locked thread