Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Looper posted:

Everything is terrible, embrace escapism

Related: I really like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Everything is terrible except me because I figured out how to put health bars in my shotgun knight game

https://puu.sh/xC4nm/91c8399e43.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I only know about Teaching Feeling in passing because this image is from it, but from what I hear yeah it's hosed up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Acai is a good boy

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The anime game of the month is magical circle guru guru, sorry yisseight fans

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

homeless snail posted:

tokimeki tonight, is the official anime of october 2017

talk about an october surprise

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tap my mountain posted:

🤔

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

tap my mountain posted:

drat i didn't know they rereleased a gameboy color game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it was also on snes, please

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like the art of boku no hero academia my hero academia the manganime in a.lo's avatar, it's a good combination of western cartoon proportions and eastern linework. I think more anime's and/or manga's should utilize that because it's an interesting style combo. Aight thanks for reading

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:mad:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yours too!!

edit: I have avatars turned off on my laptop cause the screen's small so I only see them on mobile. Saves a lot of space but also causes me to miss cool avatars sometimes, a true tradeoff

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

tap my mountain posted:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the anime game of the month is once again FF14.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP24y8hJInI

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MHA is generic shounen for people who want to pretend it's above shounen.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

MHA is generic shounen for people who want to pretend it's above shounen.

I'm going to beat you up, those are fighting words

edit: Actually you're right, but I still think it's better than most of its competitors

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Everything is terrible except me because I figured out how to put health bars in my shotgun knight game

https://puu.sh/xC4nm/91c8399e43.webm
Shotguns didn't exist when knights were around, this game isn't historically accurate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mha is cool because it's a guy who grew up on american super hero comics turning his nostalgia for them into a super successful manga series

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

I'm going to beat you up, those are fighting words

edit: Actually you're right, but I still think it's better than most of its competitors

It has the advantage of being better paced than most shounen at least

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like MHA but is shounen to a T and the "American comics" aspect is skin-deep.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MHA is a good shounen for people who like a good shounen

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Andrast posted:

This is also true. A lot of people just like to put it on a pedestal it doesn't inhabit just to pretend they don't like shounen

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The bully/rival character in MHA is really good and puts bad boys like Sasuke to shame

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Andrast posted:

thanks

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mordja posted:

Shotguns didn't exist when knights were around, this game isn't historically accurate.

They also didn't pray at arcane altars to magically restore their health and shotgun ammo but the game would be much harder if you couldn't do that

Sakurazuka posted:

It has the advantage of being better paced than most shounen at least

That is true.

Ometeotl posted:

I like MHA but is shounen to a T and the "American comics" aspect is skin-deep.

ok now we're gonna fight, after we talk about how we're gonna fight for a couple episodes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's an anime this year where the american comics stuff is much deeper into it than mha. it's also really bad

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

until this post I didn't notice those were the same characters, huh

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

MHA is good shonen cause the side characters get to actually do things and also the conflicts with the would be emo shits are handled in a mature way instead of the standard rival cliches

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hunter x hunter and my hero academia are good shonens

one piece: pirates warriors 3 is a good shonen video game

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

tap my mountain posted:

MHA is good shonen cause the side characters get to actually do things and also the conflicts with the would be emo shits are handled in a mature way instead of the standard rival cliches

qft

The Colonel posted:

one piece: pirates warriors 3 is a good shonen video game

qft also, that game is way better than it has any right to be.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I recently got into Kengan Ashura and as much as I love Mob Psycho, I wish Kengan had gotten an anime adaptation first

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I pray that this is the year our scientists can finally establish exactly what is, and is not, anime

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only MH I wanna hear about in this thread is Monster Hunter

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

tap my mountain posted:

I mean there's like 6 characters in the classroom that might as well not exist

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

I mean there's like 6 characters in the classroom that might as well not exist

There's like 30 loving characters dude, sugartits and squirrelboy can share their 3 seconds of screentime

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
good anime:
hunter x hunter
digimon tamers
digimon: our war game
summer wars
the one piece movie directed by the guy who directed digimon: our war game and summer wars that's about his depressing experience working at studio ghibli
blood blockade battlefront
sailor moon
little witch academia

bad anime:
the entire collected works of studio ghibli, including the ones you like, except for the ones i like
star ocean iv: a new hope

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
More specifically, DEVILS THIRD feels like an early 360-era action game, complete with lazy cover shooting sections and terrible voice acting. If you miss that kinda thing and have a Wii U then play it and rejoice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

corn in the bible posted:

More specifically, DEVILS THIRD feels like an early 360-era action game, complete with lazy cover shooting sections and terrible voice acting. If you miss that kinda thing and have a Wii U then play it and rejoice

the gmaeplay stuff i saw around that game's release looked so hilariously disjointed

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Toru is fun, she's my favorite.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

I will not play it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Didn't it have some weird elaborate multiplayer metagame where you declared for factions based in real-world locations and were supposed to raid opposing teams and poo poo except they didn't think through how large of an online playerbase you would need for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

the gmaeplay stuff i saw around that game's release looked so hilariously disjointed

itagaki wanted to do NINJA GAIDEN BUT A COVER SHOOTER and the result is you either cut people up with really bad sword mechanics, or shoot them and then they explode. so basically you just shoot everyone

• Locked thread