Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I have 275 light on titan 1 and get like 285ish from powerful engrams. New titan with same gear at 275 light gets 272ish powerful engrams. It's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Need some Big Dum Salt Miners to help me do Nightfall for the first time this eve. PSN's zerodrone, Warlock/240-something

Have they said anything about the rate they'll be adding new gear? Either I'm really lucky or it's really easy to get everything, all I've done is the story, about 8 Crucible Competitive matches, maybe 15 easy public events, opened maybe 10-15 world chests, and bought two things from Xur, I've already got what is apparently the same gear I'll be using at 280+ and it seems like maybe things will get boring pretty fast.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Calaveron posted:

It's boring and it's full of hive. The scenery is pretty but the actual playable areas are just dark technotunnels ala Venus or dark gross bug hallways
I mean I hope there isn't another hive expansion because oh boy another pitch black area full of Thralls followed by a big open area where a bunch of acolytes, knights and witches are doing some creepy ritual we HAVE TO STOP NOW we haven't seen that literally 58 times

limaCAT posted:

Because it punches you in the balls?

Best lost sectors and public events of all the worlds. Lost sectors are actually lost, and for the most part don't have giant flashing neon signs spray painted outside their entrances (also they're great).

Only place with the witches' ritual, and no loving Taken anywhere (and there seems to be more Fallen than Hive, honestly). The arcology is an obvious socket for an expansion.

My only regret is that there are no Vex on Titan.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 17, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Legs Benedict posted:

So if i infuse a 296 hard light into something and then pull it out of my vault again later, i still have the ornament?

I'm pretty sure it's just per-gun, keep the one you applied the ornament to unless you can test otherwise.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think i've discovered another source of 265+ light. Because i'm a sad lorehound, I cleared all the EDZ missions, and the next time I visited Devrin he had four missions to replay. Quickly finished them, and got a legendary engram that decrypted to a 275ish smg. The missions haven't refreshed so hopefully this is a weekly thing.

I can't be sure though, so might be worth confirming. But this would be interesting if each planet has a weekly chain which can culminate in a 265+ engram.

Heyyy per-planet Meditations. Neato

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i think i pulled a muscle clenching my butt when my 285 average pub group cleared the nightfall prestige with 2 seconds left

AMA

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dollas posted:

i think i pulled a muscle clenching my butt when my 285 average pub group cleared the nightfall prestige with 2 seconds left

AMA

How wide is your urethra

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

How'd you find a pub group? I'm about to start posting on third party websites as people said earlier 'cuz it seemed like there was no matchmaking for even the regular nightfall.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Dollas posted:

AMA

How did you get enough xbone players online at one time to complete it

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Why is there not enough room in my inventory for all the mods? This seems like a really dumb thing that shouldn't be an issue

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

PathAsc posted:

How wide is your urethra

above average

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

How'd you find a pub group? I'm about to start posting on third party websites as people said earlier 'cuz it seemed like there was no matchmaking for even the regular nightfall.

the find fireteam poo poo on the bungie site. Most groups require 290+, but it's very doable at 285

Linx posted:

How did you get enough xbone players online at one time to complete it

i'm very charismatic

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Just Eververse.

There's no button to remove an ornament from an exotic but if you get really sick of it you could always pull a bare one from the vault and infuse the ornamented one into it.

lol wrong bro

Once you get an exotic ornament it is forever an option for that exotic gun on your characters, even if your shard it and get a new one. To return to default, use the leftmost ornament from the choice boxes on the gun.

You can freely swap whenever.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mithross posted:

Why is there not enough room in my inventory for all the mods? This seems like a really dumb thing that shouldn't be an issue

Delete poo poo for classes you don't play, any transmats you don't want, etc, then upgrade all your blues to purples. It's really not that bad.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

cvnvcnv posted:

Delete poo poo for classes you don't play, any transmats you don't want, etc, then upgrade all your blues to purples. It's really not that bad.

Well I play all three classes, I keep my transmats pruned, done the upgrades, and I'm at 49/50. So next time I cap glimmer I'll cap my inventory again trying to bring my glimmer down. I'm not saying it isn't (barely) functional, but I shouldn't have to run to the vault and postmaster everytime I get more mods.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dollas posted:

above average

the find fireteam poo poo on the bungie site. Most groups require 290+, but it's very doable at 285

i'm very charismatic

Follow up: what did you shove in there at the BME pain Olympics

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

PathAsc posted:

Follow up: what did you shove in there at the BME pain Olympics

all of the things the second place guy used

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Mithross posted:

Well I play all three classes, I keep my transmats pruned, done the upgrades, and I'm at 49/50. So next time I cap glimmer I'll cap my inventory again trying to bring my glimmer down. I'm not saying it isn't (barely) functional, but I shouldn't have to run to the vault and postmaster everytime I get more mods.

poo poo. Yeah, there are a lot of mods. Most are trash too so idk, maybe delete every last one that isn't upgradable then when you have a ton again they'll all have the new item shimmer in your inventory to help you run thru them again.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Actually hive is the coolest faction and I hope their next expansion is hive because I want eris morn to come back and I want to find out about oryx's sisters. Like how could you not enjoy sword logic even irl it makes sense and I apply sword logic to every aspect of my life.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah I'm constantly running in-between banshee and the postmaster just trying to stay under 50.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It'd be helpful if the Mods page had extra capacity, but really, do you need instant access to all mods and transmat effects you have at all times?

What works for me is to convert any mods I have a multiplier of 3 of, then I keep the ones I'm more likely to use (weapon element, grenade recharge, etc.). The rest go in the Vault. Easily leaves 5-10 slots for incoming mods, and DIM/the app offer quick access to the Vault when needed.

Could be better? Definitely. Barely functional? That's a stretch.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

isk posted:

It'd be helpful if the Mods page had extra capacity, but really, do you need instant access to all mods and transmat effects you have at all times?

What works for me is to convert any mods I have a multiplier of 3 of, then I keep the ones I'm more likely to use (weapon element, grenade recharge, etc.). The rest go in the Vault. Easily leaves 5-10 slots for incoming mods, and DIM/the app offer quick access to the Vault when needed.

If you are using an outside app to control your inventory, then the ingame inventory system is barely functional. Specifically the mod inventory system, the rest of it I have no issues with.

I'm not saying it's actually broken, and it's just a rough spot on a game I otherwise love. But it seems like it should be an easy fix. (I don't know that it is, I haven't seen Bungie's code and I wouldn't understand it if I did)

Mithross fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 17, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

I'd agree if I was constantly using the app. It's rare that I need to.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Here’s a stupid question: Based on the in-game description for Power Level, am I correct in thinking that the amount of damage you do per shot is not directly derived from the attack value of the gun, but rather the overall Power Level?

Or is that tooltip a poorly worded version of “If this number is big, you do better”?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Shard your blue mods for glimmer. Boom, done.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

isk posted:

It's a loving computer make it do what we need

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
"I need to hoard all these blue mods." - an idiot, a clown

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

DrNutt posted:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Celery Jello posted:

Here’s a stupid question: Based on the in-game description for Power Level, am I correct in thinking that the amount of damage you do per shot is not directly derived from the attack value of the gun, but rather the overall Power Level?

Or is that tooltip a poorly worded version of “If this number is big, you do better”?

Both of them affect it and increasing both of them will increase your attack power. In Destiny 1 the weapon was more important than the overall level and that's probably still true.

DrNutt posted:

Sure, if you haven't hit 280 yet and the mod sink hasn't unlocked.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

DrNutt posted:

I buy as many purples as I can, then deconstruct them for parts to get a random purple that will hopefully be the one I need.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's a loving computer make it do what we need

You're a human with a brain. Think and push a few buttons.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I really like that I don't feel the need to grind the game. I do my weekly milestones each week, do some public events or strikes, maybe raid or trails and then I'm done. Destiny 1 was all about grinding for hours and it sucked.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

isk posted:

You're a human with a brain. Think and push a few buttons.

I'm real big on needless inventory management in my games

Also hitting the 50 slots is extremely easy if you're running 3 classes and mod gambling with your excess glimmer. I don't have a single transmat or skin in my inventory and I'm always hovering around 50 between my blues and purples I'm saving.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

DrNutt posted:

Sure, I'll deconstruct all my blue mods, then I won't be able to use them to buy purple mods, then I just won't have mods and my problem is solved.

Thank you mysterious stranger.

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Need one more for raid. Xbone. GT:Thunderfunk

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm wondering if it's worth waiting until this is out on PC. Remind me, if I buy this for PS4, do I need PS Plus or whatever to play with other people? Or can I basically go buy D2 right now and have the full experience?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think i've discovered another source of 265+ light. Because i'm a sad lorehound, I cleared all the EDZ missions, and the next time I visited Devrin he had four missions to replay. Quickly finished them, and got a legendary engram that decrypted to a 275ish smg. The missions haven't refreshed so hopefully this is a weekly thing.

I can't be sure though, so might be worth confirming. But this would be interesting if each planet has a weekly chain which can culminate in a 265+ engram.

By missions, do you mean the adventures?

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lol trials has so many bad players in it this weekend.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DrNutt posted:

I deleted the DARCI ornament when clearing crap mods because lol but I didn't get any Bright Dust :( Not that I need another 100 on top of my 4k.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Celery Jello posted:

The power level of your weapon directly dictates the amount of damage you deal. It is further modified depending on the weapon type, element, the enemy's weaknesses, and the impact stat of your weapon (higher impact = more damage per bullet).

However, your overall light still has an effect on damage you deal because your outgoing and incoming damage is modified by the difference between levels of you and the enemy you're fighting. If you are above the level of the enemy, you deal more damage and recieve less damage, and the other way around. The level of an enemy isn't as visible in D2 as it was in D1, but you can see it when they kill you (it will say "recommended power level: 260" if it is a level 260 enemy, for example).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Hamelekim posted:

I really like that I don't feel the need to grind the game. I do my weekly milestones each week, do some public events or strikes, maybe raid or trails and then I'm done. Destiny 1 was all about grinding for hours and it sucked.

Ha yeah, a couple of days ago I thought “I want a hunter”. Right now it’s only 8 power levels below my warlock main. They definitely made the game more accessible for casual players but I worry about the life expectancy of the game for more invested players