Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RIP Caribbean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At this point, if someone willfully stays behind through another hurricane on an island 75-95% wiped out, it's their own fault. loving find a seat on a boat and just go.

I know that's not easy to do, but at some point, you're gonna have to give up the ghost.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well if everything you owned probably still hasn't hit the ground then now would be the easiest time.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the mountains will stop it

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That mountain derail was pretty drat dumb.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Oh boy another week full of anxiety awaits me as my family in Puerto Rico prepares for yet another hurricane.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ElMaligno posted:

Oh boy another week full of anxiety awaits me as my family in Puerto Rico prepares for yet another hurricane.

Well, right now It's just a tropical storm so hopefully it'll stay that way.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i've been diagnosed with hurricane fatigue

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

ElMaligno posted:

You are aware that there are more Puerto Ricans living in continental US than there are in PR right? (Diaspora must be even more extreme) Just pack it up and move the island I guess.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I grew up (in Miami) being taught that before the invention of compressor air conditioning, the only people who would live in South Florida year-round were on the run from the law, or planning to be. Key West was built on salvage of a particularly ghoulish variety.

So in some respects the coming Storm-Cluster, Waterworld, Lost Island of Florantis Era will be a return to normalcy.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Suicide Watch posted:

You are aware that there are more Puerto Ricans living in continental US than there are in PR right? (Diaspora must be even more extreme) Just pack it up and move the island I guess.

Thanks boss, now go gently caress yourself will ya?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Suicide Watch posted:

Hmm, somebody in the thread just mentioned that they're worried about their family that is in danger of another hurricane. Better get my goon on.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Pesticide20 posted:

Hmm, somebody in the thread just mentioned that they're worried about their family that is in danger of another hurricane. Better get my goon on.

Family's should just die and leave you their inheritance, right?

:goonsay:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

This is exactly what someone said to me when I said I was worried about my family in Florida a little before Irma hit.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

M_Gargantua posted:

Goon financial planning.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Once PR is gone we can convert it to a penile colony.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

imo he should kill himself, because it would mean a cleaner gene pool and one less child to mooch of his parents basement.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

also can I get a 6 hour probation please?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Once PR is gone we can convert it to a penile colony.

Your mom's hooah is a penile colony.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't know why people keep going after my mom. If you want that gross mess go ahead.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

also can I get a 6 hour probation please?

suffer with the rest of us

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

M_Gargantua posted:

suffer with the rest of us

can you also give a 6 hour probation to this bitch rear end boy?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

ElMaligno posted:

can you also give a 6 hour probation to this bitch rear end boy?

:colbert: shut up rear end boy 2

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

some shame cubing is needed

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
On the bright side, Trump, while still making millions directly from being president, is losing long term connection, influence, and revenue thanks to his idiotic policies.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/909510581916520452

On the dark side, UN keeps making GBS threads on Kurds

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/909510450504749057

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/benwikler/status/909512504895836165

Read thread for more info, but repealing ACA is back on the table.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It will literally never be off the table. Even after they repeal it they will still bitch about Obamacare and how it needs to be repealed.

I'm not making a joke.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

tastefully arranged labia posted:

some shame cubing is needed

Fingers/Labia 2018

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

It will literally never be off the table. Even after they repeal it they will still bitch about Obamacare and how it needs to be repealed.

I'm not making a joke.

There appears to be at least a small backlash now that they have all three branches of government.

Unfortunately nothing matters in 2017, it remains to be seen if things matter in 2018.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It was inserted into the legislative calendar after the failure of Skinny Repeal so yeah, it was always back on the table. Right now Murkowski, Collins and Paul are the biggest obstacles, and :laffo: that there were still people that thought McCain actually wouldn't vote on this because of the skinny debacle.

Oh, yeah, Graham-Cassidy might be the worst bill yet, so that's fun.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Two Finger posted:

Fingers/Labia 2018

:wiggle:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'm getting a pretty strong Bud Dwyer vibe from that photo of McConnell.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

suboptimal posted:

I'm getting a pretty strong Bud Dwyer vibe from that photo of McConnell.

Dwyer was innocent

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I like that no one ever uses a good photo of McConnell(R-Turtle) and they always seem to highlight his turtleness.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KildarX posted:

I like that no one ever uses a good photo of McConnell(R-Turtle) and they always seem to highlight his turtleness.

You're acting like a good photo exists.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Off camera is a massive pile of leafy greens

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hey people, take a break from the here and now and watch this: http://www.pbs.org/kenburns/the-vietnam-war/watch/episode-1/

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Hopefully it's better than his central park five movie because holy poo poo did he leave a ton of stuff out of that one.

The fact his daughter was working for the firm suing the city might have biased him just a little bit.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

Hopefully it's better than his central park five movie because holy poo poo did he leave a ton of stuff out of that one.

The fact his daughter was working for the firm suing the city might have biased him just a little bit.

I previewed 45 minutes of various episodes and was at a Q&A with Burns and Novick and one of the Army historians, and I also listened to them talk to Marc Maron. It looks very good from everything I've seen and heard. Also, it's an 18 hour-long series.

And Trent Reznor score!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/5alp022.gifv

• Locked thread