Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like how the title gives away the entire point of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lollontee posted:

sorry, i just need to point out that it's unironically not ok to make ricially charged "jokes" :airquotes: here. Cheers

lowtax dude you logged onto the wrong account

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hm. maybe if finnish posters got like some sort of ident so mods would know that if racist jokes agsindst finnish is made it's ok and only ironically

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Knock it off.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

somehow i didn't think finns would be the ones who finally kicked off the great sa race war but here we are

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

cock hero flux posted:

somehow i didn't think finns would be the ones who finally kicked off the great sa race war but here we are

the blood of Genghis runs deep.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

the blood of Genghis runs deep.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was gonna go see this today, but, on second thought, this morning has already been dramatic enough :argh:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

cock hero flux posted:

Underestimate the Finns at your own risk, apparently.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there was that sniper who was insanely good at killing russians and then went on to breed dogs, presumably for lethality, so yeah, checks out

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Kelp Me! posted:

I never really understood what was so funny about that stuff. "lol a 13-year-old wrote some short stories and they SUCK!!!"

I guess it's a pretty good saga if you look at it from the perspective of "a bunch of goons dogpiled a 13-year-old kid's bad horror stories, to the point where they tracked down his now-older self and bought him an account for some bizarro reason"

Read the whole thread and its offsprings.it started at "lool lets laugh at this dumb kid" and turned into an hilarious literary contest where the judge was the original author.it might be the most sucessfull goon project ever.seriously,go read the stories and before you know it you will be vomiting with antecipation!

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

should have said "finnish this discussion"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
I like both you and Tiler Kiwi! Please don't fight.

Does anyone have a link to a really good, condensed sporking of SuperMechaGodzilla? I don't like his posts that much and I think it's really funny that he spent so much time continually doing the same stupid thing, but the idea of making people wade through his really long posts to find the comedy seems kind of cruel.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
if that ban had been 01/11/2011 1:01pm it would have blown my mind

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm kinda torn on whether i like gimmick posters. on the one hand they're literally the same thing constantly, but on the other hand, Toblerone Triangle

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i'm kinda torn on whether i like gimmick posters. on the one hand they're literally the same thing constantly, but on the other hand, Toblerone Triangle

I'd hazard that Toblerone was the most successful/lasting and the vast majority of other gimmick posters that somehow aren't banned yet barely grasp at that level of performance, most falling back on trolling for cheap reactions.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Well the gimmick has to be funny in some way. Most aren't.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

M R CRACKER is the only one I liked after T.T.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

Well the gimmick has to be funny in some way. Most aren't.

yeah

eg. say nothing's gimmick of posting pics of sexualized underaged characters is really creepy

is there a term for people like him?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

FactsAreUseless posted:

M R CRACKER is the only one I liked after T.T.

All of Drew's accounts have been gold.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
At least in D&D, even gimmick posters I liked just had to be probated sometimes. :smith:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PYF all has the same gimmick I think, v impressive co-ordination

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

agreed. you'd think someone in the forum'd have made a joke by now, even if accidentally, but it's been years and no-one's managed it

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

All of Drew's accounts have been gold.

Who is Drew? I loved m r cracker and i love frostys but I never knew it was a known individual. Is it wint? Are these all the same guy?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

agreed. you'd think someone in the forum'd have made a joke by now, even if accidentally, but it's been years and no-one's managed it

Humor? No. No, we haven't used humor on this site since 2002.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Who is Drew? I loved m r cracker and i love frostys but I never knew it was a known individual. Is it wint? Are these all the same guy?

wint/dril was gigantic drill on SA

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Charles Bukowski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UXxdRG13M

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We've a lot joke explanations so I'm hoping the eggheads in the lab will be able to reverse-engineer a joke any day now. They've gotten super close with a few prototypes

Knock Knock

Who's there?

Then the person would usually make a pun using the word who as a suffix though sometimes a prefix. here's a link to the GBS thread from 2006 :getin:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Charles Bukowski posted:

Drew aka the guy from Toothpaste for Dinner and Married to the Sea (of Pee Pee Doo Doo Bush is a Bad President fame)

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Ahahahaha that's great. I love the regret.

Oh mannn I used to doodle toothpaste for dinners all the time. This dude is an awesome dude!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The gently caress is going on in this thread? The last 3 pages have left me very confused.

Krotera posted:

Does anyone have a link to a really good, condensed sporking of SuperMechaGodzilla?

I don't think I'd ever use the words "condensed" and "supermechagodzilla" in the same sentence ever. Near as I can tell, condensing whatever the gently caress he says amounts to "subtext", and he'll tell you about it forever.

so: subtext

Christ, if you just gathered up that insane person's posts and published them it'd be as long as LOTR.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't think I'd ever use the words "condensed" and "supermechagodzilla" in the same sentence ever. Near as I can tell, condensing whatever the gently caress he says amounts to "subtext", and he'll tell you about it forever.

I would totally settle for a single SuperMechaGodzilla rant made in response to someone saying "what the gently caress did you type, SuperMechaGodzilla?" (bonus points if that person is not pretending to be informed about media crit)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah

eg. say nothing's gimmick of posting pics of sexualized underaged characters is really creepy

is there a term for people like him?
Yes but it's only known to the mods.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, one mod at any rate.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
does anyone have a link to the minecraft fairy torture manifesto post

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I'd hazard that Toblerone was the most successful/lasting and the vast majority of other gimmick posters that somehow aren't banned yet barely grasp at that level of performance, most falling back on trolling for cheap reactions.

GameQuoter was a great gimmick poster back in the day, and looking back it's even more impressive that he had a large catalogue of appropriate screenshots and strong image hosting back when broadband was not widespread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
GameQuoter and Toblerone were the greatest. Nobody will ever do a gimmick as well as them.