Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
If Bradford ends up not playing I am going to be so mad. One week of good play, then knee issues again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh look a tweet that said he is already going to locker room after warmups. Never even dropped back at all.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
yeah I'm not happy between having him being my backup to Luck in another league and having Diggs in this one

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Someone respond to me and trade me a damm qb.

First Down Syndrome.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sorry, it's only 9 am here and I was up puking last night

I'm on chat now

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I am going to score much less than one hundred points today because my team is not good

Bloody posted:

I am going to score much less than one hundred points today because my team is not good

Furthermore i am got to lose to a team with five quarterbacks none of whom are starting caliber

Bloody fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 17, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can we allow people to leave slots blank in the lineup?

Forcing me to start bradford so I am 100% unable to make a trade isnt helpful.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Bloody posted:

Furthermore i am got to lose to a team with five quarterbacks none of whom are starting caliber

How the heck did I quote this post into an edit of itself my god

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
poo poo. why'd i cut JJ Nelson

this is jamison crowder all over again

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

crabtree :swoon:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can we allow people to leave slots blank in the lineup?

Forcing me to start bradford so I am 100% unable to make a trade isnt helpful.

yeah if we don't have a rule about it I think you should be allowed

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
:smuggo:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

...and I'm still gonna lose, because apparently jaquizz and jalen are better than bell and miller

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 17, 2017

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

...and I'm still gonna lose, because apparently jaquizz and jalen are better than bell and miller

At least they outperformed starting RB Jordan Howard. Who didn't quite manage 1 yard per carry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jfc this is so close

adams gets a catch, then burnett gets half a tackle, we're like one or two points apart and just not seperating

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

noooooo

gently caress well that's that

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Sorry guy who emailed me about trading for Siemian, I didn't check that email account from Saturday night until today. If you had posted in the thread or PMed me here I might have responded in time.

Though I'm no longer sure if he's my worst QB since Carson Palmer loving sucks and the Cardinals are loving stupid for not having a young guy waiting in the wings.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'm looking to upgrade my defense. I have some combination of picks/rookies/starters available. Given current roster depths/etc, it is harder for defense to be as much value above replacement as top tier offensive players with like 5 exceptions, though.

Send me your thoughts!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, I'm playing your Titoons this week, so I probably don't want to help you out, but definitely hit me up next week if you don't find what you need.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can we fix this QB lock thing immediately?

If I was able to trade for a qb who put up 20 I would have won.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

rebuild my rear end :smuggo:

Flacco is available if anyone wants him

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah if Teemu and you agree, I'm turning off the "can't submit an incomplete lineup" thing. There's nothing in our rules about it.

e. The system is already set with "partial lineups allowed" set to Yes, so I'm confused now, I thought that'd be the thing?

e2: can anyone make sense of this? http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/support?L=79286&FAQ=1062

These are the current settings

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 19, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Has it been 7 days Leper?

If so, I am going to steal your last qb from the taxi and start him.

Keeping the first qb taken from the board on your taxi is daring.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Also going to steal Perine from Team McLean and start him this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Has it been 7 days Leper?

If so, I am going to steal your last qb from the taxi and start him.

Keeping the first qb taken from the board on your taxi is daring.

Trubisky? But he's not even playing, lol

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

True story though I just moved Olsen onto IR, they hadn't designated him as Out yet when I looked yesterday, and I was fiddling around with waiver options and forgot to promote Trub. I mean you outright told me last week you'd be trying to steal him.

My mistake, though, he's there and therefore he's stealable. But I feel also like you're basically intentionally tanking your season at this point, because you could have picked up a waiver wire QB last week and didn't, even after I indicated I was gonna start Deshaun you had saturday waivers to grab glennon or hoyer or somebody. You just want my guys and you're mad at me for hording QBs and you're gonna make me lose another week to keep my rookies.

That's fine. I'll start loving trubisky. I wasn't planning on tanking this season, but I won't be bullied either. I spent my entire draft capital on these rookie QBs, I'm not gonna let them get stolen in the first three weeks.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I don't remember when the first Bradford q sign went up, but I thought he was starting until he didn't personally. I would maybe say FCFS (haven't played only, $2 minbid) might be reasonable between Sat and Mon kickoff for last minute " not playing" news.

So, if you're starting trubisky, those d up for sale?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am not tanking poo poo. Sure, that one week was bad because bradford was Q and went to out 3hrs before the game. I have Wednesday and Saturday waivers to grab a qb.

Forcing you to start him costs me zero, and might cost you a loss. It's basically zero risk for me, he was the first qb taken, and Glennon likely gets benched at halftime with how he is playing. There is no way you don't start him.

Your strategy is taking qbs. My strategy is making you start them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This goes back to that whole "how much of a chance on an injured Q player are you taking". He's benefitting from only having a single QB on his roster by having more flexibility at all other positions, but that comes at the cost of maybe not having a QB to play. If you play that particular game of chicken, well, sometimes that Q is gonna be out. I don't think we need to add another waiver period just to let owners play chicken with their questionables.

e.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Your strategy is taking qbs. My strategy is making you start them.

I'm not in your division and I'm not winning my division at this point, so: your strategy isn't helping you at all. It's entirely punitive. It's your right to do it, I won't dispute that, but it's not helping you win your division or get to the playoffs.

There's 10 other teams, mr. Smurf.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 19, 2017

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Find me another team with a #1 QB draft Pick on their taxi squad.

If I lose this week who cares, I would have Tribs for a few years most likely. It is a good choice, I don't care if you are mad at it.

It may be considered petty, that's fine. It's a strategy. I need a qb. The only way for me to get one (without trading an insane amount) is to steal one.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spermy Smurf posted:

Find me another team with a #1 QB draft Pick on their taxi squad.

If I lose this week who cares, I would have Tribs for a few years most likely. It is a good choice, I don't care if you are mad at it.

It may be considered petty, that's fine. It's a strategy. I need a qb. The only way for me to get one (without trading an insane amount) is to steal one.

Or pick one up off the waiver wire.

I assume Ketchum stuck Mahomes on his regular roster specifically to protect him from you, so yeah, I guess I'm the dumb dumb for leaving Trub on mine. :shrug:

I'm starting Trub. You've hurt my playoff chances this year, and gained nothing otherwise. What will you do now?

atomictyler
May 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

True story though I just moved Olsen onto IR, they hadn't designated him as Out yet when I looked yesterday, and I was fiddling around with waiver options and forgot to promote Trub. I mean you outright told me last week you'd be trying to steal him.

My mistake, though, he's there and therefore he's stealable. But I feel also like you're basically intentionally tanking your season at this point, because you could have picked up a waiver wire QB last week and didn't, even after I indicated I was gonna start Deshaun you had saturday waivers to grab glennon or hoyer or somebody. You just want my guys and you're mad at me for hording QBs and you're gonna make me lose another week to keep my rookies.

That's fine. I'll start loving trubisky. I wasn't planning on tanking this season, but I won't be bullied either. I spent my entire draft capital on these rookie QBs, I'm not gonna let them get stolen in the first three weeks.

Now imagine having 5 injured players and no drat room to do poo poo.

I'd like to propose an increase in IR slots for next season. two is the amount for a normal league, we should have 4 or 5 for a dynasty league.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I'm starting Trub. You've hurt my playoff chances this year, and gained nothing otherwise. What will you do now?

Correct. I gained nothing. Lost nothing too. I will pick one up on Wednesday like I had planned. The bid is already in, been in for 48hrs.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah if Teemu and you agree, I'm turning off the "can't submit an incomplete lineup" thing. There's nothing in our rules about it.

I'm fine with this but I think in the off-season we should revisit the rules just to cover any deliberate tanking if there isn't a rule already (Not that I think anyone would actually do it, but there should probably be something about it anyway? Or maybe I'm just being stupid and creating more work)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So my question about the settings above still stands, I thought we had something turned on but we don't, and I don't understand why Spermy couldn't submit an incomplete lineup with nobody in at QB.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I just want to make sure people realize I am not tanking.

I really really really thought Bradford would start. If I ran out and grabbed backups for every single questionable player I wouldn't be able to do anything else.

It was one week of a questionable guy that was worse than I realized. This week I will have a quarterback.

No one seriously believes I am tanking right? Going for Tribs was calculated that Leper would rather play him than actually let him go. There was a near-zero chance leper lets the #1 QB drafted go to a steal.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

So my question about the settings above still stands, I thought we had something turned on but we don't, and I don't understand why Spermy couldn't submit an incomplete lineup with nobody in at QB.

I will get on a pc and look tonight. It wouldn't let me uncheck him.

Wait what the gently caress, it lets me have no qb now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Trubisky was the #1 drafted QB, but also, that was by the bears, and more importantly, rookie QBs are a total crapshoot. First round QBs bust all the time.

I intended to move him off taxi but got caught up in having my empty bench slot from Olsen going to IR available to grab a TE without having to make a conditional drop, because MFL won't allow you to input a nonconditional add if your roster is currently full.

I've got a TE now, thanks to a trade, and so there's that promotion I intended to do yesterday but didn't.

Anyway Spermy I don't know if you're tanking or not. But it doesn't matter, because tanking for one game is not against the rules. I've quoted it before, but here it is again:

quote:

To follow the spirit of a Dynasty format, Owners should manage their teams with the intent of balancing long-term multi-year success of the team, against the short-term attempt to win in the current year.

Owners have very broad leeway to make their own determinations as to what actions will benefit their teams, short- and long-term.

3.1.3.1 notwithstanding, no Owner is permitted to deliberately sabotage their own team. This rule is necessary in order to preserve the integrity of the game, and to ensure that in the event an Owner leaves, their team will be reasonably attractive to a replacement Owner.

Evidence that an Owner has deliberately sabotaged their own team must be extremely clear and undeniable in order for any corrective or punitive action to be taken by the Commissioners. Merely making a few “unequal” or “bad” player transactions is not sufficient to meet this standard. Neglecting to manage a team for a couple of weeks also does not meet this standard.

It's entirely within both the explicit rules and the spirit of the rules to, if you want, do something that will likely lose you this week's match, if you think it's in the long-term interests of your team. Grabbing a rookie QB who likely won't play is in my opinion a good example of that tradeoff. You felt it was worth the risk, and that's your choice.

I'm just salty because you've been focused on my QBs since the draft, and it's not comfortable for me. I thought I had a shot this year but I'm 0-2, and starting Trub against the Titoons this week means probably going 0-3. It's not an unrecoverable problem but if I was gonna have a rebuild year, I would have made different decisions about who I kept and what I bid on in the free agent auction.

Whatever. I'll be fine, and there's no hard feelings. Well. Maybe a little hard feelings but I'll get over it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I updated the league standings page to show FAAB dollars spent/remaining, because it was annoying me trying to find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It's on the transaction page clear as day right?

Or is that a different league.

But yeah, that doesn't look bad on mobile anyway.