Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

late game stuff is about dealing with the bosses using specific gimmicks so hit good isn't the most important thing in the world but he'll still be your friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/tetunobin/status/909318044140187649

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
I'm glad I'll finally be able to get Gorgon and grail another version of best snek. It only took them literally giving her out for free for me being able to get her. :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Saber Lancelot is another really good choice.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm torn between Nitocris because she's cute, and Lobo because i need an Avenger that doesn't literally kill himself with his only decent skill (also Lobo is a good boy)

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Random 10 pull netted me another regular Cu Lancer, two more fat Sabers, a Martha, and an Angel's Song CE. Eh, okay. Is Caesar any good or should I just bump him for his Interlude Quartz and feed him to somebody else?

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 17, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Caesar is good for a 3* Saber, but anybody is better than Saber Gilles.

TheFireMagi posted:

I'm glad I'll finally be able to get Gorgon and grail another version of best snek. It only took them literally giving her out for free for me being able to get her. :v:

Gorgon or Medusa Lily are the only correct choices. Gorgon moreso, because she is story-locked and one of the 3 non-limited Avengers.

Collect all the snakes and field a team of the entire family.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Schubalts posted:

I have him too, but I've got Altera, D'eon, and Lily for now so I'm good on a decent Saber. Just wanted to know if he was worth keeping or not.

I find it curious as to if there's any reason to really keep any servants that you just straight-up don't like once you've got the ones you want. Does late-game really force you to use certain gimmicks or setups in order to come out on top or does that just make it easier? I can't see the game making a player say, "Man, I loving hate this character but I have to keep them because of [Event Boss]" or something.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Caesar brings a strong Single Target NP which no other Saber in the game actually provides right now. And the next one will be a Limited SSR in the form of Okita.

And the game is never going to be so difficult that you're forced to use a specific Servant even if you really don't like them... save perhaps the just-released Exhibition Match against King Hassan where I have no loving idea how you're supposed to do it without fielding BB or KH yourself, or just praying for the RNG not to flip against you.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Schubalts posted:

That's my plan. I'm amazed that Medusa, Stheno and Euryale are voiced by the same person.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Snek time all the time.

RanKizama posted:

I have him too, but I've got Altera, D'eon, and Lily for now so I'm good on a decent Saber. Just wanted to know if he was worth keeping or not.

I find it curious as to if there's any reason to really keep any servants that you just straight-up don't like once you've got the ones you want. Does late-game really force you to use certain gimmicks or setups in order to come out on top or does that just make it easier? I can't see the game making a player say, "Man, I loving hate this character but I have to keep them because of [Event Boss]" or something.

If you have those 3, then you can just shelve Caesar completely.

Some Servants certainly make things easier (loving Merlin), but the only late-game gimmick that absolutely requires specific Servants to win is in Babylon, where there is a boss that takes ZERO damage from Servants with a Good alignment. Challenge bosses for events don't get you anything more than extra materials and/or a summon ticket.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Schubalts posted:

Gorgon or Medusa Lily are the only correct choices. Gorgon moreso, because she is story-locked and one of the 3 non-limited Avengers.

I have the whole snek family. They're not leveled though. Currently working on Euryale.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

if I was in his position, I would use caesar over lily's garbage rear end... if it wasn't for the fact that he takes pages and gears. :smith:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tsurupettan posted:

if I was in his position, I would use caesar over lily's garbage rear end... if it wasn't for the fact that he takes pages and gears. :smith:
My Lily is only a level...50? I think? Altera is my Saber of choice atm but only because Nero won't answer my desperate calls for the glory of Rome.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got 2x Nero but no Bride...Woe is me.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got 2x Nero but no Bride...Woe is me.
Bride isn't available NA yet, unless you're talking about the JP version. All Nero is good Nero and all I need is one to make me happy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah she's the rate up in JP atm, both versions.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So I'm running a support Passionlip (don't have any alteregos of my own) and I'm at a loss of what else to run because i feel like it's entirely up to rng if she gets exploded instantly by turn one instant NP hit from Medb's two lackies. Managed to get all of her adds down and herself to 150k once but it really felt like targeting luck.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Stairmaster posted:

late game stuff is about dealing with the bosses using specific gimmicks so hit good isn't the most important thing in the world but he'll still be your friend.

On the other hand, going ham on Buster Chains with full Berserker teams is one of the gimmicks used to deal with challenge quest shenanigans.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
You keep everyone because they are your friends

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gudako is my friend

https://twitter.com/sweatyloser/status/908901939395432450

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So I'm running a support Passionlip (don't have any alteregos of my own) and I'm at a loss of what else to run because i feel like it's entirely up to rng if she gets exploded instantly by turn one instant NP hit from Medb's two lackies. Managed to get all of her adds down and herself to 150k once but it really felt like targeting luck.
mash, leonidas, george, anyone with a taunt or a way to make passionlip not take damage basically

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Will i be able to pick nero

Umu

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This is free 4*s for JP FGO, sorry

But Nero is part of that list, so technically yes

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
After careful deliberation i have decided that i'm gonna pick Doggo Avenger, because he is extremely fluffy

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
lame

i want nero and marie to hang out i bet they would be good friends

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
There are better 4*s than Marie and Nero to choose from for us JP folks

That being said, I also already have those two so yeah

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Astolfo will finally be mine.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can finally have my Amazon queen who kills Greek heroes good

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

lame

i want nero and marie to hang out i bet they would be good friends

don't worry, we'll get that too

in two years

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Nah, not that long. Marie has an interlude in Rome so...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There are four 4* Servants I want from the list of non limited, but hopefully by the time NA gets that event I'll already have 3 or all of them. That's like two years down the road for us...that kind of sucks to think about actually.

There has never been an event like that before, other than in the beginning of the game with the starter 4* Servants, right?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I still don't have a gold assassin and for some reason my choice will be between NP2 Nitocris or one of the Alters. None of whom I will ever use.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Freak Futanari posted:

After careful deliberation i have decided that i'm gonna pick Doggo Avenger, because he is extremely fluffy

He's a tempting choice, he'd go well with Gorgon and Angra. Then I'd only be missing Jalter and Dante for a full Avenger team...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Motto posted:

don't worry, we'll get that too

in two years

It's part of the 10million downloads campaign, so uh....

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Schubalts posted:

It's part of the 10million downloads campaign, so uh....

theyd probably find some other excuse to run it if na is still going in two years

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Endorph posted:

theyd probably find some other excuse to run it if na is still going in two years

The Kintoki Banner in JP was 4 million, in NA it was 1 mil. At this point it looks like while they may shuffle things around they will include everything in roughly the same order.

It was hilarious though that, since Fate/SN has technically never come out in America they made it a Fuyuki Singularity Banner. Unless it was that also in JP?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

oath2order posted:

The Kintoki Banner in JP was 4 million, in NA it was 1 mil. At this point it looks like while they may shuffle things around they will include everything in roughly the same order.

It was hilarious though that, since Fate/SN has technically never come out in America they made it a Fuyuki Singularity Banner. Unless it was that also in JP?

Well, the Deen F/SN did come out in America.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The 10 million banner is supposed to be a big deal in JPN so it'd be pretty amusing if it came out for a completely inconsequential 'milestone' in America down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
300 million milestone here we go!