Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
He's stereotyping him as an Adam Lanza type kid. Unfortunately that's probably the physical description of most of us in here that arent fat when/if we were/are young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
He gave us this clip so shroud can do no wrong
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyGrotesqueStingrayPMSTwin

e: whoa that twitch url name lol

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
honestly you should just kill your entire family if they buy mac and cheese instead of do homemade

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Groovelord Neato posted:

i hope your shooting is better than your posting or you'll never get a chicken dindin.

:irony:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you have an alanis morissette understanding of irony.

Zsinjeh posted:

He gave us this clip so shroud can do no wrong
https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyGrotesqueStingrayPMSTwin

e: whoa that twitch url name lol

was a bummer finding out bananaman was just an act.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Just broke top 250 on NA FPP solos, feels good :cheers:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Shroud got banned for teaming with Bananaman. https://twitter.com/C9shroud/status/909497718019579905

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fauxshiz posted:

Shroud got banned for teaming with Bananaman. https://twitter.com/C9shroud/status/909497718019579905

This is where he starts playing full time on the private WoW servers.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Bohemian Nights posted:

what

Shroud is super chill and also looks like some dopey stoner, how on earth are ytou getting that impression

naw I watched some clips with him now he cool

It helped to see him laugh.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Fauxshiz posted:

He's playing under Freeshroud right now.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

silenced m4, fog map, good circle, now to just move in to the final spot..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng6AUk7yggY

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

was a bummer finding out bananaman was just an act.
What? What else would it be?

First time logging in since the patch and my default was Asian server. I don't think I've played a game on there ever, so that was weird.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

A+

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zsinjeh posted:

real good stuff why can't all thread videos be this good

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

real good stuff why can't all thread videos be this good
sorry for going off-track, my 10 second intro and 10+ minutes for ad revenue videos are back on the schedule after this

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zsinjeh posted:

sorry for going off-track, my 10 second intro and 10+ minutes for ad revenue videos are back on the schedule after this

you don't need an intro just keep doing good videos and you'll stand out enough to be recognizable

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

:lol:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

odiv posted:

What? What else would it be?

First time logging in since the patch and my default was Asian server. I don't think I've played a game on there ever, so that was weird.

I was playing solos today and after each match PUBG would switch to the Asia Server/3rd person. :shrug:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
A game in which arguably our best player runs off to Primorsk by himself and gets himself killed, in which I run a motorcycle into a building, apparently clipping into it which ticks damage up to the point where it blows up killing another one of my teammates on the back and nearly killing me, me and the other best player win as a duo. :thumbsup:

They are going to nerf the mini 14 so hard. That gun is too good. Four kills this time (thanks for the 8x, teammate I killed :()

First weekend I've had two chicken dinners, and two other top 5's :toot:. Getting better (after only 80 hours)!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah I've ran a few games as mini and kar/m24/awp and it's gone great. If your circle is near a city pick up a ump instead of the long range sniper.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I can't not see them nerfing the mini-14 or at least making it crate-only. It has a faster velocity and a flatter trajectory than the AWM; like most players in this game there is nothing wrong with my aim, the hard part is leading targets and gauging drop, and you don't have to do that with the mini-14. Just click on someone 2-5 times and win. It even fires fast enough to be good up close.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

aniviron posted:

I can't not see them nerfing the mini-14 or at least making it crate-only. It has a faster velocity and a flatter trajectory than the AWM; like most players in this game there is nothing wrong with my aim, the hard part is leading targets and gauging drop, and you don't have to do that with the mini-14. Just click on someone 2-5 times and win. It even fires fast enough to be good up close.

Me and the only other dude left in my squad just got a dinner with me using my 4x Mini14 exclusively. Didn't even need to use my suppressed scar. Just rapid fired the mini and murdered. It's so good.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

It's called a suppressor smh

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Put an 8X on an M416 today, won a duo dinner. Thought it would be silly but it turns out it's actually mad useful for picking off idiots. We were plinking away on people 1000m away and they had no idea what was going on

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Watching chocoTaco on recommendation of the thread and he taught me a little something about the new grenades: https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyOddJalapenoAMPEnergyCherry

He didn't even know where the guy was.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Yeah I saw that, nades are too strong since the most recent patch.

I won't brag anymore until (if) I break top 50, but I just got another win and managed to get a personal best:

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Apparently you can disable the Forced Depth of Field in PUBG by changing one of the game files? I have not tried this yet myself

code:
PUBG: How to disable the forced depth of field.

Locate your engine.ini file. In my case it's here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TslGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor 

Open engine.ini and paste these exact 2 lines:

[/script/engine.renderersettings]  
r.DepthOfField.MaxSize=0

Save and set file to read-only
Is this cheating? 🤔

From a few pages back but: it wasn't before, but Bluehole apparently just edited their previous statement on it so that it now says this:

Bluehole posted:

No, editing any game files to gain an unfair advantage is against the Rules of Conduct. This includes changing any game configuration files to result in changes that cannot be made via the in-game settings menu.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 18, 2017

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Futuresight posted:

Watching chocoTaco on recommendation of the thread and he taught me a little something about the new grenades: https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyOddJalapenoAMPEnergyCherry

He didn't even know where the guy was.

He just loving did this again.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Bluehole has no idea how to run community interaction. This game is never going to get stabilized.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

succ posted:

Bluehole has no idea how to run community interaction. This game is never going to get stabilized.

The games dead tbh

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I mean it runs like poo poo, last patch forced PP and I'm dropping 15~ more frames then last patch.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Congratulations PUBG on setting a new record for most concurrent players for any game ever on Steam with a peak of 1,349,584 (beating Dota 2's previous record of 1,291,328). It's also sold over 10 million copies!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
eta to valve buying blue hole and ice frog working on a dotabg

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
They'll buy it and make a spin off pubg card game.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

comatose posted:

Motorbike
Attack 2
Defense 1
(Mobility) (Vehicle) (Risky)
Tap to do sick flips, increasing attack by 1 for every (Risky) card on your side

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

comatose posted:

"There's A Guy Over There!"

Opponent takes 3 damage. If opponent doesn't have a "What loving heading?" card in their hand, they take 3 more damage.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

comatose posted:

Audience cheering followed by disappointed quiet.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Jack_tripper posted:

"There's A Guy Over There!"

God, I am so bad at this. I've never played a mil-sim type game before so the first 5 seconds of combat are reserved for screaming "Oh poo poo!!! There's a loving guy behind the building!" instead of relaying any kind of useful information.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

he's there

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I see a guy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Doorknob Slobber posted:

eta to valve buying blue hole and ice frog working on a dotabg

please don't say this. you'll make it true.

• Locked thread