Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I am a reckless fool, so I bought Millennium Blades. How can I best keep it organized, and hopefully retain a little sanity in the process?

Sorry, I know this has been asked before (so just a link to the posts will work) but I've been putting together stacks of money for over an hour and I think my brain is melting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My friends swear by claspless hair ties. I use these toploader things from UltraPro.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I used a ton of the plastic bags penny sleeves come in. Two sets to a bag.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
I have 3 200 count boxes. My lid might be a bit bulgy.

This does not account for the starter decks; those are in a separate baggie.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Any rules that I should emphasize to new players?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

Any rules that I should emphasize to new players?

Collections are big points, do not neglect

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

djfooboo posted:

Collections are big points, do not neglect

Yeah you can win the game without winning a tournament if you turn in big collections.

The other big thing is that it's all exception based design so unless you have something that lets you e.g discard a card you cannot discard a card.

They are going to errata the game with the next expansion to cap the amount of VP you can get from left over cash at the end of the game as you may as well do that from the start. Just cap it 5 or 10 VP or something.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Speaking of expansions, anything I should know about Set Rotation (other than "don't use it for your first several games")?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I absolutely love the UI of BattleCon Online, looking pretty good in general. I just don't know why they don't stick with the stat system Exceed used instead of this weird middle ground where they show Stun Guard but not Soak.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Is it just me or does the screenshot of the character select screen in the latest Battlecon Online update reveal three new characters? Specifically I'm talking about the two portraits next to Joal (first and third, third row) and the guy in between Vanaah and Zaamassal (second portrait, last row).

Also, does anyone have any idea what Null Seven's deal is? I'm interested to see what about her playstyle makes her unsuited to the physical game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My boy Cadenza! :swoon:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Speaking of expansions, anything I should know about Set Rotation (other than "don't use it for your first several games")?

If you've already got it, you can add in the new core set cards to your store deck even if you don't play with any of the new expansions. I put it all together for my first games, the game itself is complex enough that a few extra cards won't tip it into confusing mess on their own. Honestly, the store deck ends up big enough that you might not even see any of Set Rotation's cards during play.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Saguaro PI posted:

Also, does anyone have any idea what Null Seven's deal is? I'm interested to see what about her playstyle makes her unsuited to the physical game.

According to Ithry, Seven is like Cindra but even more so. I'm guessing a mix of Cindra and Zaamassal, 5 sets of styles or something like that.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Saguaro PI posted:

Is it just me or does the screenshot of the character select screen in the latest Battlecon Online update reveal three new characters? Specifically I'm talking about the two portraits next to Joal (first and third, third row) and the guy in between Vanaah and Zaamassal (second portrait, last row).

To the left of Joal is Jion Erjon, Argent's student Honor Court Chief Justice (the b-side student candidate in the game). The portrait to the right I don't recognize.

The one between Zaamassal and Vanaah I don't recognize. The closest design I can think of is the Moon Cultist version of Vanaah, but that seems unlikely with her right there?

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
That's Karin to the right of Kallistar, right? She looks a bit weird.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Agent Rush posted:

If you've already got it, you can add in the new core set cards to your store deck even if you don't play with any of the new expansions. I put it all together for my first games, the game itself is complex enough that a few extra cards won't tip it into confusing mess on their own. Honestly, the store deck ends up big enough that you might not even see any of Set Rotation's cards during play.

I opened it because of this post. Is MBL:Pocket Pro Tour just an entirely extraneous little bonus game? That's....awesome.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I opened it because of this post. Is MBL:Pocket Pro Tour just an entirely extraneous little bonus game? That's....awesome.

It's dreadful, mind

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

PubicMice posted:

That's Karin to the right of Kallistar, right? She looks a bit weird.

Yeah, that's her.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
4 hours left in the Doomtown Reloaded Kickstarter. Only reason I'm bringing this up here is there are exclusive Millennium Blades cards that you can get. Don't even need to back the game; there's a $1 pledge for just the cards.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

4 hours left in the Doomtown Reloaded Kickstarter. Only reason I'm bringing this up here is there are exclusive Millennium Blades cards that you can get. Don't even need to back the game; there's a $1 pledge for just the cards.

Oh man, saw this too late. Any chance they'll be taking after the fact pledges?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

drat, such short notice, I missed out and now my MBlades is forever incomplete :(

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Finally got a chance to bust out Trials today, spent pretty much the entire day playing it. Burgundy is all I hoped for. I'm sad they don't appear to have any plans for making custom tuckboxes for the rest of the fighters, because man, I will shell out like hell for those.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Brad has mentioned that'll probably happen for the Devastation rerelease.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
One of the L99 folks said over in the Discord that they'd be putting out PDFs of the War and Fate tuckboxes, and then the Dev reprint would include them.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Heck yes.

My friend and I managed to have a go at all the Trials characters (excluding Merjoram I guess). As well as Burgundy, who I loved, I enjoyed Wardlaw and Dareios, Hayden was alright. Trias didn't really click for me though. Friend especially enjoyed playing Lucida. We both really liked Dodge and Force Gauge.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

My Trials arrived in the UK.

I think Trials definitely has the largest number of characters I find aesthetically appealing, on top of having cards for everyone, dodge, and force tokens, so I finally have a single Battlecon box I can take with me to friends' places.

I'm so glad for the tuckboxes and I hope they sell them for War/Fate soon so I can get rid of my ugly white poker tuckboxes. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 28, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Millennium Blades owns but I can't help but feel that 20 minutes for deckbuilding is kind of overkill when playing the 2p variant. Basically every round my opponent and I kinda looked at each other and agreed to get on with it at around the 15 minute mark, if that.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Millennium Blades owns but I can't help but feel that 20 minutes for deckbuilding is kind of overkill when playing the 2p variant. Basically every round my opponent and I kinda looked at each other and agreed to get on with it at around the 15 minute mark, if that.

I'm pretty sure it mentions in the rules that you can change the deckbuilding phase time limits to suit your tastes, if you think they're too long or short.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The last portion is specifically for organizing and cleanup if players need it, right?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, more or less. But it wouldn't be hard to change, in any case, if your group needs something different.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

PJOmega posted:

Oh man, saw this too late. Any chance they'll be taking after the fact pledges?

djfooboo posted:

drat, such short notice, I missed out and now my MBlades is forever incomplete :(

Looks like they're offering post-ks access to Pledge Manager, you may be in luck - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/doomtown-reloaded-there-comes-a-reckoning/posts/1998378?ref=backer_project_update

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Aww yiss

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

One more preview video before backer beta (should be next week):

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/182190125

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Is that going to be just PC or PC and Mac for the steam release?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Current client is PC/Mac.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone have good scans/files of the cardbacks for Mega Man Pixel Tactics? I'm actually working on getting my custom Mega Man 7/8/R&F/etc cards made up.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

For anyone who wants to play BattleCON Online, you can join the group via Discord: https://discord.gg/CTw9XRN , which has download link and full access.

Have fun!

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

I thought you needed to be a backer for that?

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

Nope, open alpha. Backers got things for cheaper and got invited earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
so iiiiin