Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thoughts on starting Rawls? I have Riddick in half PPR but if he's starting it might be worth doing.

If Carson ends up the bellcow I will hate myself.

Do nothing until we find out what the backfield actually looks like with Healthy Rawls (for two series before he tweaks something again)

You should be starting Riddick anyway in PPR because Rawls doesn't catch passes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

Someone tell me why Demarco Murray is doing nothing for me. Is Henry getting all the carries? What's the deal?

Derrick Henry is the best hb in the nfl

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
RIP

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/909511347498622977

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rub some dirt on it ya big pansy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Benne posted:

Do nothing until we find out what the backfield actually looks like with Healthy Rawls (for two series before he tweaks something again)

You should be starting Riddick anyway in PPR because Rawls doesn't catch passes

Did it anyway. Oh well.

Also made a mistake grabbing Powell over Buck Allen. Oh well.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Kelley hurt. Let's see if Perine can get that job

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Jota posted:

Kelley hurt. Let's see if Perine can get that job

Chris Thompson has a couple of things to say about that.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Any advice on who can replace Olsen?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'd recommend the best TE on your waiver wire

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I hate the Raiders offense. Throw some TDs assholes.

Edit: thanks, I mean the crab TD helps my opponent more than I do but I was not specific enough in my summoning so I'll take what was given

Santheb fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 17, 2017

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I like the kid on the giants Engram, if all the normal people are already taken.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Santheb posted:

I hate the Raiders offense. Throw some TDs assholes.

Edit: thanks, I mean the crab TD helps my opponent more than I do but I was not specific enough in my summoning so I'll take what was given

They did. Three. To Crabtree.

loving pass interference.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Vernon Davis maybe, if Reed is seriously injured

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Looks like Carson is the dude in Seattle. Although that offense has been a loving disaster so far

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Can I dump Graham yet? That whole offense looks horrible. I'm holding out hope for another week on Wilson but man Graham is bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/909562020516724736

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just received a trade offer in my 1 PPR league.

His Marshawn Lynch for my Tyreek Hill.

my RB's are Demarco Murray, Ingram, Powell, Tarik Cohen, Joe Mixon. WR's are Jordy, Mike Thomas, Crabtree, Diggs.

2RB/2WR/Flex

Thoughts?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

my RB's are Demarco Murray, Ingram, Powell, Tarik Cohen, Joe Mixon. WR's are Jordy, Mike Thomas, Crabtree, Diggs.

2RB/2WR/Flex

Thoughts?

Nope

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

2RB/2WR/Flex

Thoughts?

So much nope. Love Beast Mode, but they're managing his reps.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

2RB/2WR/Flex

Thoughts?

Guess I'll be the voice of dissent and say definitely accept. Hill is your 5th WR, and if Demarco misses time or cedes more work to Henry, your RBs are awful. Lynch will be a workhorse if they need him to be, and is a solid RB2 even on limited reps.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
^I, too, would take that given your roster.

VietCampo posted:

2RB/2WR/Flex

Thoughts?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
It's 1 PPR. Lynch is nowhere near as valuable in 1 PPR as he is in standard. That trade is a huge no. You do need RB help though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I've been really lucky with hunt because my picks of Michael Thomas and Baldwin have been not great so far

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My pick of Drew Brees has doomed me to being garbage timed by everyone else's players via divine retribution

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Boy I sure am happy I got Chris Carson on the waiver wire.

But I'm suddenly sad I traded away Perine.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I guess Perine is my starter going forward since I can’t rely on Powell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How bad did the Jordy injury look?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

How bad did the Jordy injury look?

He jogged out, stood in front of a defender, turned around, then gimped off to the sideline.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Alfalfa posted:

He jogged out, stood in front of a defender, turned around, then gimped off to the sideline.

He was working on an exercise bike on the sideline hope that means it's not too bad.

If anyone was wondering Bremel's initial thoughts on Gronk are that the injury appeared to be Back/Hip even though they said groin. He's expecting Gronk will get a MRI and be week to week. Rob Kelley with the ribs could be 1-2 weeks. The outlook for both will change when he gets more info.

With Gronk out Engram is the only TE FA still worth picking up before waivers. Worth dropping any of these guys for him?:

Rawls
Crowder
Burkhead

I'm thinking Rawls since Carson actually looked even behind that O-Line. Any reason to hold him at this point?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm dumping Rawls everywhere. It's the Chris Carson show now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

I wonder what kind of WR I could get for Carson.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Eat my butthole, world

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

Looks like my gamble last week of picking up Cohen, Carson, and Allen using 3/4 of my FAAB budget after losing DJ might actually amount to something moving forward.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Does anyone else have leagues with someone designated to write pre/post-game promos? I joined a work league last year and started doing a humorous breakdown of the matchups every tuesday. I now get hounded on tuesdays around noon with "Yo, where's the weekly?" texts if I'm even remotely tardy.

Huskers
May 9, 2009

Doppelganger posted:

Does anyone else have leagues with someone designated to write pre/post-game promos? I joined a work league last year and started doing a humorous breakdown of the matchups every tuesday. I now get hounded on tuesdays around noon with "Yo, where's the weekly?" texts if I'm even remotely tardy.

Not mine, but that's how the FFBallers podcast got their start (iirc)--doing a weekly recap podcast for their home league.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doppelganger posted:

You should be like me and tell them they have to write them too. Each of our 12 owners does a writeup at least once during the season.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Wtf I was winning by at least 2 points last night after the Denver v Dallas game.. I wake up this morning and I now lost by 0.7.. who the gently caress got stat corrected that hard

Varg fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 18, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I usually play some kind of heel each season. When Wreck It Ralph came out, any team I defeated, I turned their team manager into one of the Sugar Rush racers and make candy puns with their players' names, like Marshmallow Lynch, Golden Taste, Adrian Peanutbutter or Candies City Chiefs.

This year I'm Donald Trump playing fantasy so after each week I have a special twitter message for my opponent, based off of real tweets.

"We MUST have strong entry requirements and stop illegal team managers like "Felipe". Without that we do not have a league. Also, Mexico is killing U.S. in fantasy. Lose!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

In one league this week, my opponent scored 193 in part thanks to Brady, Hunt and Montgomery. His lowest scoring player was Delanie Walker with 12 points. In non-PPR for gods sake

The next highest score in the league is 112, which of course is my score

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 18, 2017

• Locked thread