Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

imo this thread has too much hate for a literal interpretation of the porcelain throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

"They call me king turd up here on poo poo mountian,
If you want it you can have the crown."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNV16tz1NK0&t=69s

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
That is a great way for a drunk person to die or void themselves in your closet / sink / etc. I wouldn't last a week with that bathroom.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

That's a throne room!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Not fitting as a true seat of royalty as it does not have any space for the Groom of the Stool to assist in proceedings.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

How are you supposed to curl around this when you're blind drunk sick?

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

NancyPants posted:

How are you supposed to curl around this when you're blind drunk sick?

The height of those stairs? It just puts you out of your misery.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover
And my teepee was low-cost again
This happens all the time
It's untaxable

This is brilliant. Thank you.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What is the bucket for?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's where the towel is to dry your hands.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Facebook Aunt posted:

What is the bucket for?

I'm going to guess that's where the used toilet paper goes.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Now playing: Fanfare For The Commode Man

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“private balcony”

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Platystemon posted:

“private balcony”

Is this below ground level? Did the "patio" exist before giant gently caress off cement wall? If not, why put so much money and effort into making it look nice?!

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That is an extremely private balcony.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Looks like the house was there previously and someone built a building right up against it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If the balcony was there first, shouldn't it have a railing? It only makes sense like that if you know there's a wall to prevent anyone selling off it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

If the balcony was there first, shouldn't it have a railing? It only makes sense like that if you know there's a wall to prevent anyone selling off it.

The giant fuckoff concrete wall is the railing. :v:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

couldcareless posted:

Is this below ground level? Did the "patio" exist before giant gently caress off cement wall? If not, why put so much money and effort into making it look nice?!

Maybe it's a porch, not a balcony.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

and here i was just thinking i should change the thread title to something new

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Ashcans posted:

Maybe the people who own it have kids and they are REALLY freaked out about their kid's safety.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The private balcony is at a hotel.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Platystemon posted:

“private balcony”

love to stare at concrete wall 3' away

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

This thing is like a pitcher plant for the inebriated.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

MH Knights posted:

Maybe the people who own it have kids and they are REALLY freaked out about their kid's safety.

Crappy construction memory triggered!

Back when I was still living with my folks we had some new neighbours move in down the street. A couple with a kid and everyone got a really weird vibe off of them right away. Dude was like an alien trying to seem like a normal sociable human. Mom was fairly quiet and always seemed to be looking over her shoulder or scanning the room for threats. She was some academic from China who had to "flee" for political reasons. Kid was normal.

A few months after they moved in people noticed they were extremely paranoid about their home security and their child's security and privacy. They'd just drop odd little comments here and there about lurking child predators or kidnappers. They'd make little comments about how they got some super secure SUV because it was the hardest to break into or carjack. They got special reinforced and tinted windows for the back so that people can't see their kid when they drove him to school because of course they wouldn't let him walk to school with his friends, that's not secure. I mean not only could the kid be snatched at any moment, anyone could just look at him!

Where things got really weird is the plywood fort they built around their entire property. They didn't build a fence or hire someone to put up something nice, they just bought a load of plywood and 2x4's and built a 6' or so white painted plywood wall around their property along with a big rolling gate. It's a rich neighbourhood but there's no HOA or anything but people started to take notice of the "plywood fortress" and were pretty displeased with it. It wasn't very well built, sagged in areas, didn't follow the terrain nicely, and had a bunch of angled bits of wood propping it up from behind. Most of it was just plywood sitting on the dirt too. Why did they build it? Well they needed a wall for security, and privacy. It had to be tall enough so an adult could not peep over the fence and see their kid, and it had to be totally solid with no gaps or holes that would let someone spy a look at their kid. Wife was also paranoid about chinese agents or something.

When they moved out and sold their house they were SHOCKED that the first thing the new owners did was tear down the plywood hoarding. Why would he do that?? The new owner has 3 kids, why would they not be so happy to already have a pedophile privacy palisade? Now just anyone on the street could sneak a peek of his kids!! He also made sure the wall was listed as a feature for the house, he was so proud of it and thought everyone would want it. poo poo was rotting only a year after he built it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Baronjutter posted:

Back when I was still living with my folks we had some new neighbours move in down the street. A couple with a kid and everyone got a really weird vibe off of them right away. Dude was like an alien trying to seem like a normal sociable human. Mom was fairly quiet and always seemed to be looking over her shoulder or scanning the room for threats. She was some academic from China who had to "flee" for political reasons. Kid was normal.

A few months after they moved in people noticed they were extremely paranoid about their home security and their child's security and privacy. They'd just drop odd little comments here and there about lurking child predators or kidnappers. They'd make little comments about how they got some super secure SUV because it was the hardest to break into or carjack. They got special reinforced and tinted windows for the back so that people can't see their kid when they drove him to school because of course they wouldn't let him walk to school with his friends, that's not secure. I mean not only could the kid be snatched at any moment, anyone could just look at him!

Where things got really weird is the plywood fort they built around their entire property. They didn't build a fence or hire someone to put up something nice, they just bought a load of plywood and 2x4's and built a 6' or so white painted plywood wall around their property along with a big rolling gate. It's a rich neighbourhood but there's no HOA or anything but people started to take notice of the "plywood fortress" and were pretty displeased with it. It wasn't very well built, sagged in areas, didn't follow the terrain nicely, and had a bunch of angled bits of wood propping it up from behind. Most of it was just plywood sitting on the dirt too. Why did they build it? Well they needed a wall for security, and privacy. It had to be tall enough so an adult could not peep over the fence and see their kid, and it had to be totally solid with no gaps or holes that would let someone spy a look at their kid. Wife was also paranoid about chinese agents or something.

When they moved out and sold their house they were SHOCKED that the first thing the new owners did was tear down the plywood hoarding. Why would he do that?? The new owner has 3 kids, why would they not be so happy to already have a pedophile privacy palisade? Now just anyone on the street could sneak a peek of his kids!! He also made sure the wall was listed as a feature for the house, he was so proud of it and thought everyone would want it. poo poo was rotting only a year after he built it.

There's a kid who will go completely off the reservation when he turns 18.
Probably move to Europe or something (if in US. Reverse that if already in Europe.)

It always kills me how people can be happy with a substandard result. I mean, yeah, you built it, but even I can recognize when I do a lovely job. Have you never seen a good version, or are you just that infatuated with yourself? Or can you really just not tell the difference between good and poo poo? (I'm guessing the last describes most, with "don't care" coming in second.)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Darchangel posted:

It always kills me how people can be happy with a substandard result. I mean, yeah, you built it, but even I can recognize when I do a lovely job. Have you never seen a good version, or are you just that infatuated with yourself? Or can you really just not tell the difference between good and poo poo? (I'm guessing the last describes most, with "don't care" coming in second.)

Mental illness sets a different baseline. Did they actually buy a protection edition vehicle or just a mercedes that was quote hard to steal?

How was this kid not home schooled? Don't they know anyone can drive by a school?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh also they had a wood stove installed to heat the house and the smoke it made smelled horrible, like chemicals and burning meat. Everyone joked that they were so weird and private because they were burning bodies in there.
He did build the kid a play house with the spare plywood, and decorated it with squirrel tails. That's a normal healthy father son activity, trapping and killing squirrels, chopping the tails off, and using them as trim for your kids play house.

The new owner continued to use the wood stove but it never smelled bad, just like normal smoke, and the dude was cheap and would burn every scrap of construction wood or old pallet he could get his hands on. We could never figure out what the hell the fortress people were burning to make smoke that smelled so terrible.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Oh also they had a wood stove installed to heat the house and the smoke it made smelled horrible, like chemicals and burning meat. Everyone joked that they were so weird and private because they were burning bodies in there.
He did build the kid a play house with the spare plywood, and decorated it with squirrel tails. That's a normal healthy father son activity, trapping and killing squirrels, chopping the tails off, and using them as trim for your kids play house.

The new owner continued to use the wood stove but it never smelled bad, just like normal smoke, and the dude was cheap and would burn every scrap of construction wood or old pallet he could get his hands on. We could never figure out what the hell the fortress people were burning to make smoke that smelled so terrible.

were they burning their trash?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Tunicate posted:

Wouldn't that gently caress up a fancy whole-house heating wood stove?

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

quote:

Crappy Construction Tales: A Pedophile Privacy Palisade

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

null_pointer posted:

Now that’s just beyond the pale.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Well it was painted white.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Kid was probably the Panchen Lama

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It sounds to me like *they* were the kidnappers.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

peanut posted:

It sounds to me like *they* were the kidnappers.

really makes ya think don't it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I wonder if you could piss into the sink from up there.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Tunicate posted:

"Mother gently caress! Jian-Yang!"

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

null_pointer posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Ballistic