Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Also apparently the game is down for 4 hours again

I just wish there had been more than literally three seconds of notice. I had just arrived in Orbit after getting both chest and arms Legendaries from Io dude and goddamn they better still be there when I get back because I really only have one good Legendary for each slot, and only one Exotic armor that's useful to me to ever use. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

precision posted:

I just wish there had been more than literally three seconds of notice. I had just arrived in Orbit after getting both chest and arms Legendaries from Io dude and goddamn they better still be there when I get back because I really only have one good Legendary for each slot, and only one Exotic armor that's useful to me to ever use. :mad:

How about 13 hours notice?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Someone at Bungie has a case of the Mondays

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You have plenty of time to switch to MiDA/mini before the final run ya know

Good to remember, but honestly having a couple people be a little slower probably helped naturally organize the race and make calling orbs easier. We got it in two shots and two (including myself) hadn't been before.

I was front of the pack on the first attempt despite the mobility hit. Titan movement is incredibly economical for straight A->B travel, but it probably comes down to who gets the low right orbs and stays inside track.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

The cuboid is blue isn't it? Can you even infuse it?

Nope, but that would only matter for Iron Banner I guess.

There's another AR with a name like Valakydn or something. Some people seem to really like that, it's a higher ROF though.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

^Oh yeah that one is pretty good also. Has a big mag as well which can come in handy.

Have they confirmed that light level is going to factor into Iron Banner this time around?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Time for day sleep until destiny is back up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Barudak posted:

Its absolutely the hive one for me. Ive done it a dozen times or so and Ive never seen it go heroic.

This is what it was like going heroic. I couldn't even see what I was doing.

https://twitter.com/Blind_Rasputin/status/909795352185757701

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Nope, but that would only matter for Iron Banner I guess.

There's another AR with a name like Valakydn or something. Some people seem to really like that, it's a higher ROF though.

Valakadyn. It's my top choice behind a 450 rpm auto.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

https://twitter.com/Blind_Rasputin/status/909796535759548416

https://twitter.com/Blind_Rasputin/status/909796583335542786

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I really like the trials scout. I wish I could use it rn

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Thanks for the info on making stuff heroic. I'm still getting used to the games systems. I'm at 230 now and trying to get up to 240 so I can do nightfall stuff, I apparently flubbed up stuff by doing a bunch of the endgame turn-in stuff right away instead of saving it till after I ground up a bit so it's a little slow going for now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The hive portal is hilarious because if you run a super that gets extended duration on kills you can milk the poo poo out thrall pouring out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

xzzy posted:

The hive portal is hilarious because if you run a super that gets extended duration on kills you can milk the poo poo out thrall pouring out.

It's one of the best places to Captain America Shield throw if you like to see it bounce

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That event is the only place I've ever see the framerate take a big poo poo, the first time I saw the heroic triggered at least two tethers flew in at once and the screen was just flashing purple until the event finished banner popped up.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

xzzy posted:

I have the exotic chest for arcstrider hunter that does this and that encounter is hilarious. Using riskrunner is also pretty wild because the wizards spew out arc damage you can basically chain lightning every single enemy pouring out of the portal with a 100% bottomless mag

S tier event

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I was wondering why you were using any subclass that isn't striker

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
same, only sentinel

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Sentinel with mask of the quiet one is really good.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Actually titans are bad and you should be playing warlock.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Live At Five! posted:

Also acceptable

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The only thing better than having two grenades is having one massive purple one

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Live At Five! posted:

Warlock jumps feel gross

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Live At Five! posted:

My beef with titan is that they’re the least cool of all the space barbies. The armour looks bulky and dumb. Did they get whoever decided that all shoulder pieces in WoW should be loving huge to design them?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm gonna be mad if the HM raid emblem isn't called Must Love Dogs

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Linx posted:

My beef with titan is that they’re the least cool of all the space barbies. The armour looks bulky and dumb. Did they get whoever decided that all shoulder pieces in WoW should be loving huge to design them?

Actually their armor is extremely Big and Good

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Linx posted:

Pictured: Titan design inspiration

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Norns posted:

Warlock jumps feel gross

I tried to play a titan after playing warlock since launch and the titan jump felt so terrible that I'm not sure I'll ever level it. Warlock jump just feels the best to me. I remember someone complaining about the Nessus mission involving jump on rocks and I found it to be absurdly easy. Literally all you do is double tap x and then press x again when you want to stop gliding.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Titan shoulders in D2 are amateur hour bullshit. Whoever did those must have started their career as an artist for WoW.

Or maybe it's more activision interference. Some CEO stomped in and was all "BIGGER SHOULDERS! It's a sign of dominance!!!!"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Jumps in order from best to worst: hunter triple jump ----------------------> rip hunter blink :( --------> warlock blink ----> warlock glide -------------------------------------------------------------------------> whatever the gently caress thing titans do

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

DrNutt posted:

I feel like this is supposed to be a bad thing but I'm really confused as to how anyone could see it like that

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

xzzy posted:

Titan shoulders in D2 are amateur hour bullshit. Whoever did those must have started their career as an artist for WoW.

Or maybe it's more activision interference. Some CEO stomped in and was all "BIGGER SHOULDERS! It's a sign of dominance!!!!"

I loving knew it wasn’t just me

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

cvnvcnv posted:

Valakadyn. It's my top choice behind a 450 rpm auto.
Yeah, it's my jam. Thing just shits out bullets and is pretty easy to control recoil. Plus it has an insane reload if the mag is empty, like less than a second.

Linx posted:

I think it was somebody that got fired from WH40K actually.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
[quote="“SubponticatePoster”" post="“476515527”"]
Yeah, it’s my jam. Thing just shits out bullets and is pretty easy to control recoil. Plus it has an insane reload if the mag is empty, like less than a second.

I think it was somebody that got fired from WH40K actually.
[/quote]

You’re probably right. I bet they’re solely responsible for the Space Marines Cabal as well

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Half the Titan melees are shoulder tackles.

DrNutt posted:

I would absolutely wear that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Eyes up here Guardian

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

Yeah, it's my jam. Thing just shits out bullets and is pretty easy to control recoil. Plus it has an insane reload if the mag is empty, like less than a second.

Pro at taking shaders too. Golden Trace and the raid shader on it are so sick.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Titan armor counterpoint:

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Norns posted:

Warlock jumps feel gross

you feel gross.

warlock is life.

Adbot