Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alternately (legit spoiler, DO NOT LOOK UNTIL AFTER E11):

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU'RE A GOD NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
RIP Hibiki, turned into a final boss by being too nice.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That seemed...a bit abrupt, tbh. Curious to see where they're going with this.

It need scarcely be said that Miku had better get plenty of screentime trying to fix this.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

That seemed...a bit abrupt, tbh. Curious to see where they're going with this.

It need scarcely be said that Miku had better get plenty of screentime trying to fix this.

Hey, I'm excited. I agree that it wasn't perfectly timed, but I'm happy they're shaking things up.

give Miku a gear Gungnir

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So are we getting aliens as the bads after this is done?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Noted immaculate soul:

If this marks the return of berserker Hibiki I'm going to :syoon: everywhere.

Though I admit for a moment I was looking forward to seeing a severed arm become god.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lessail posted:

So are we getting aliens as the bads after this is done?

Alien gods. Who will presumably get punched in the face and then befriended. Unless they're artificial beings, in which case they have a 90% chance of dying horribly.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Sindai posted:

Noted immaculate soul:

Wonder if it'll turn out that the mirror gear cleansed her of the original sin as well

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Does ANYONE even remember what Symphogear's version of Original Sin is supposed to be? Or the Curse of Balal for that matter?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Curse of Balal was god saying lol gently caress off you can no longer communicate with each other to humanity for Fine trying to get the tower of Babel built, I think.

God in this case probably being aliens.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

chumbler posted:

Curse of Balal was god saying lol gently caress off you can no longer communicate with each other to humanity for Fine trying to get the tower of Babel built, I think.

God in this case probably being aliens.

What if God isn't aliens and is instead like the whack scientist dude in Gundam 00 preparing humanity to band together to greet aliens

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lessail posted:

What if God isn't aliens and is instead like the whack scientist dude in Gundam 00 preparing humanity to band together to greet aliens

So Dr Ver?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also can we talk about how loving great it is that Hibiki, all-around sweetheart and the closest thing the show has to a messiah figure, is the one to have inherited the power of The Christ-Slaying Spear?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I just want to know how Gungnir got from Scandinavia to the hands of a random Roman soldier.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sindai posted:

I just want to know how Gungnir got from Scandinavia to the hands of a random Roman soldier.

The whole thing about conceptual weapons is that Words and belief have power so it's probably more belief in it and the Spear of Destiny got intertwined and so now Gungir is the Longiuns Lance.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the moon is turbofucked.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

chumbler posted:

I think one thing we can all agree on is that the moon is turbofucked.

How so?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Because it's Symphogear and isn't GX and Symphogear loving hates the moon

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Because we're up against the gods next, and the Curse of Balal they deployed against humanity emanated from the ruins on the moon. At the very least, they'll probably use it as a staging ground when they come back.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm placing the odds as follows (subject to change based on feedback):
-Hibiki retains godhood: 10-1
-MIKU INTERRUPT: 2-1
-Kanade coming back from the dead to bitchslap some sense into Hibiki: 1-1
-Goodbye, moon: 2-1
-Aliens: 3-1

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So...it occurs to me that this episode confirmed that Jesus exists or existed in Symphogear lore, in some fashion or another.

...Are we going to meet Jesus? Can we get Him to officiate Hibiki and Miku's wedding?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
:stare:

WHAT THE CHRIST

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's Symphogear, I'm sure it'll be fine

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kylra posted:

:stare:

WHAT THE CHRIST

Welcome, my friend, to episode 11.

:getin:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I support Hibiki for goddess because analysts say her girlfriend is 50% less likely to destroy reality than Madoka's.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I sort of miss when it seemed like Nanoha could feasibly take Hibiki in a fight.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sindai posted:

I support Hibiki for goddess because analysts say her girlfriend is 50% less likely to destroy reality than Madoka's.

Counterpoint: her GF nearly brought about the end of the earth via Frontier.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
So, here's my predictions.

The Gears (-Kirika) will show up and ineffectually battle Hibiki.
She will need to be taken out by Gungnir, which they don't have (since hibiki has it).
Maria will psych herself up to take it back, but fail. Such is Maria's lot in life.

Miku and Kirika will show up and appeal to the 'real' Hibiki, and somehow get Gungnir from her.
Miku & the gears will use the spear to activate X-Drive and fight Hibiki. (I don't know who uses the spear - probably Miku, but maybe St. Germaine?)
With X-Drive & Gungnir hey will "destroy" Hibiki, but it's a fake-out; Miku believes that Hibiki's fist only destroys evil, and Hibiki ain't evil

Chris will be alone, forever.

Ed: I hope the last episode has a Tsubasa concert as part of the epilogue.

Eela6 fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 19, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Germaine is going to sacrifice herself somehow. We've already got an alchemist, don't need another.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Sindai posted:

Germaine is going to sacrifice herself somehow. We've already got an alchemist, don't need another.

:agreed: (though fwiw I like St Germaine a lot more than elfnein)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope she survives, but she probably won't. Her armor being made of guns is cool.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well, if Hibiki somehow becomes lucid while in god mode, will she bring the other two alchemists back?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I hope the alternate reality power comes back yet again, anything goes now and related side-story source XDU is all about them alternate branches

it's probably also where the team can source an extra copy of Kanade or a Miku who's already a Gear

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

Well, if Hibiki somehow becomes lucid while in god mode, will she bring the other two alchemists back?

Ohhhhh this would make a loooooooooot of sense.

It would also go along really well with Hibiki's earnest desire to help St Germaine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unrelated

(unfortunately I don't have a source :eng99:)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Edit: Never mind, I'm dumb.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 19, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gahhhh I'm already dying to know how this turns out, this wait is going to kill me.

gently caress, I hope this Power of God amounts to more than just Hibiki turning into a big scary monster and getting punched back to normal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

Gahhhh I'm already dying to know how this turns out, this wait is going to kill me.

gently caress, I hope this Power of God amounts to more than just Hibiki turning into a big scary monster and getting punched back to normal

Same. Hibiki back to normal would feel like a massive copout. personally. It's been a fun season anyway!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I mean, I don't want Hibiki to die or anything, that'd be a bizarre swerve. I'm just hoping that this isn't just a matter of "Oh Bikky's the final boss now." Like she actually gets to use the Power Of God against a new enemy or that this is a character beat before an action sequence or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spiritus Nox posted:

I mean, I don't want Hibiki to die or anything, that'd be a bizarre swerve. I'm just hoping that this isn't just a matter of "Oh Bikky's the final boss now." Like she actually gets to use the Power Of God against a new enemy or that this is a character beat before an action sequence or something like that.

Here's my somewhat serious predictions, in order of likelyhood:
1. Hibiki gets taken back down to normal. No divine power lingers at all.
2. Hibiki gets taken back down to "normal", but she's not back to 100% normal. Some divine power lingers, but she can't tap into it at will.
3. Hibiki dies.
4. Hibiki remains a god, able to tap into at will.

Honestly, 1 and 2 do feel a bit even, knowing this series. E12 can't get here fast enough.

• Locked thread