Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Looks like there's gonna be maintenance Wednesday morning; we'll almost definitely know the festival banners for global once that's over. Crossing my fingers that the dupes I have on SNES and PS1 get replaced...

If they replace Rosa USB, I'm tempted to emptyquote every last goon who held off on the Rubicante banners because of it.

Never trust festival banners to have what they had in JP until we get that final pre-event datamine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
That would be incredibly annoying and it's one of the main reasons I'll be freaking out for the next hour and a half.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

If they replace Rosa USB, I'm tempted to emptyquote every last goon who held off on the Rubicante banners because of it.

Never trust festival banners to have what they had in JP until we get that final pre-event datamine.

I agree with you in spirit (although I did skip pulling on Rubicante) but I seriously, seriously doubt they're going to do that. They know that Rosa USB is a major chase relic. I don't think any of the 6* relics Japan got are likely to change, we'll probably just see adjustments in the BSBs.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The logic about the USBs is pretty sound, but if one is most likely to be switched off, it'd be Rosa's. It was already on the last fest and it just appeared in a proper banner. However, DeNA works in mysterious ways.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Ovelia's USB.

I love it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I agree with you in spirit (although I did skip pulling on Rubicante) but I seriously, seriously doubt they're going to do that. They know that Rosa USB is a major chase relic. I don't think any of the 6* relics Japan got are likely to change, we'll probably just see adjustments in the BSBs.

They also know that Edge's USB is a chase relic, so they could just as easily replace Rosa's with it.

I could see them adding the relics that would have been introduced in Super Fest into this fest's banners, like Ingus/Locke/Snow's CSBs.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Desperation pull on IV before it went away to try and get Edge USB.

4/11 with 2 discos

Dupe Edge shirt, dupe Edge shirt, then double Rosa USB.

Not cool game.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
100 gemmed Delita's LMR!

On the one hand, awesome. On the other hand, getting two LMRs in a row for characters I don't even have an SSB for is a bit frustrating!

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
75% of FFT banner two are dupes for me, but I dollar pulled anyway and got Mustadio's BSB. Not a dupe!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ovelia's USB would be better if they used its name for the original English translation, DEATHSPELL 2.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

wiegraf USB: l i t t l e m o n e y

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Algus is a much more suitable name for that worm as well.

God I hate Algus/Argath.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I appreciate the break in difficulty of these bonus battles. Zalmour had no idea what hit him in that Jump Start.

And now I finally had enough Dexterity motes to legend dive Lightning. Feels good.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Yup, pretty sure the only character I had who used more than one soul break in that jump start was Farris. And that was just to speed things up.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

NaanViolence posted:

Algus is a much more suitable name for that worm as well.

God I hate Algus/Argath.

I always intentionally set him up so that a 99999 Orlandeau OSB brutally murders him. gently caress that guy so hard.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

$1 pull got me Ovelia's LMR.

I have her

SSB Healing Staff (curaja/mblink)
SSB Lambert Hat (Proshellga/HP stock)
SB Luminous Robe (hastega/regenga)

So while I wish I had her BSB, with 5 dupes on the banner I absolutely cannot justify hunting for it. I'll just use her when Yshy's wall/BSB combo isn't really necessary.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Schwartzcough posted:

Thanks for this! I was able to replicate it (with some extra help from power creep) in JP. Now I can farm 5* summon orbs if I wanted to for some reason.

Glad to hear it. This is not the only thing I like Ysh Aetherial Pulse for, it's surprisingly good despite being a filthy Super.

Meanwhile in the FFT event. Holy crap that 180 CM got obliterated. Can you call a no SB CM clear if your Orlando with 750 attack unbuffed & co doesn't get the chance to use one? I didn't even Shout, Ramza was too busy Full Breaking them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FFT events have exactly two difficulty settings:
  • Normal event difficulty (things implode in three hits because everyone has Saintly Excaliburs and +++ Platinum Swords and Iga Blades)
  • "We know you whale on this realm" difficulty (Torment Belias)

Also, doublecast LMRs/LM2s are always great, even if you don't have a character's BSB. It's just that white mages really like having their burst to spread their hones out more.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
No, the data I see suggests someone at Dena must have goofed on this one. The U++ boss has less than 100k health.

For context, this means you could probably kill Meliadoul with two shots of an Orlandu OSB RW and nothing else.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

After the last event I am really happy to have some easy battles. Maybe I just need to pull on FF4 banners more, but there's more chances for that later.

I didn't master the Zalmour JS fight because I didn't do enough breaks before he died. I can do it again, though, it's not exactly hard, and I'll throw on basic breaks for Orlandeau just to speed things up to hit the conditions, since Ramza's too busy setting up Shout and Chant.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I finally marathoned the seven remaining nightmare bosses and opened THE MAGICITE REALM. They really need to buff those nightmare bosses at some point because they're trivial right now.

I beat the whale (Leviathan?) on my third try at just under a minute. Had Orlandu OSB, Rosa USB, Alphinaud SSB for damage reflection, Ramza for shout/chant, and Laguna with his BSB setting up imperil and spamming that six-hit lightning skill. Took me two tries to figure out Alphinaud was a better option than OK.

Alphinaud and Laguna are only level 80, but that mattered less than I thought.

And man does Tyro really put the mack on Elarra! Shameless!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If I could get one more SSB+ on her, or another dupe Saintly Excalibur, Agrias could hit the ATK cap without buffs.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

My god am I grateful for easy, free crystals and motes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ZiegeDame posted:

No, the data I see suggests someone at Dena must have goofed on this one. The U++ boss has less than 100k health.

For context, this means you could probably kill Meliadoul with two shots of an Orlandu OSB RW and nothing else.

I figure it was a goof, yeah, though more of the PEBKAC sort than a computer/numbers error.

Someone thought it would be a good idea to spread a solo boss's health pool amongst five units, leaving the boss itself hilariously flimsy. It happened for all of the Bonus Battles this time.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I have 150 mithril and it's real hard to convince myself to save it for the fest rather than burn 50 trying to get Delita's Ultra or LMR.

Is there a list of items on the Fest yet? Even if we don't have 100% confirmation on all of them, an idea of what to expect would be useful.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We'll probably know for sure on Wednesday after maintenance.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fister Roboto posted:

If I could get one more SSB+ on her, or another dupe Saintly Excalibur, Agrias could hit the ATK cap without buffs.

:eng101: The ATK Softcap is 805, a +10 attack would only bring Agrias up to 804

Of course, effectively this distinction is nigh meaningless, but it's there! :goonsay:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also I just realized that with that DEF, she only needs wall and protect to get four hits with Guardbringer.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Prism posted:

I have 150 mithril and it's real hard to convince myself to save it for the fest rather than burn 50 trying to get Delita's Ultra or LMR.

Is there a list of items on the Fest yet? Even if we don't have 100% confirmation on all of them, an idea of what to expect would be useful.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/75285381

I really hope it changes as little as possible.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prism posted:

At the absolute least, expect the items that debuted in this fest (USBs for WoL/Firion/Luneth/Zidane/Shantotto/Alphinaud/Noctis) to be consistent. USBs should be pretty stable but I'd be shocked if we got all of them, especially given the proximity to the Rubicante event messing up the entire SNES banner - JP had that event like two months prior to the 30th festival so it wasn't hot on the heels of the banner. SBs that premeired in Super Fests and recurred (Snow BSB2, mainly) are probably safe. Chances of us getting Meia BSB are literally nonexistent.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Interesting survey done by reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/70uyqr/results_of_where_are_you_at_with_your_hones/

Is the Powerchain/Full Charge combo really that decent?

That might solve some of my DPS issues if so.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Got Delita's USB on my dollar pull. I already have his BSB and Coral Sword SSB too. I just need to figure out the best way to use him now on my teams.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

ceaselessfuture posted:

Interesting survey done by reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/70uyqr/results_of_where_are_you_at_with_your_hones/

Is the Powerchain/Full Charge combo really that decent?

That might solve some of my DPS issues if so.

It's alright, if not dated compared to Omega Drive or Lifebane for example. If you have to hit NE damage, it'll do you well, but elemental damage is king moreso nowadays.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Prism posted:

Yeah, I'm at 150 right now and only did one pull on Edge/Rosa bc I insisted on pulling on FF15 too; I struck out with nothing but a loving Golbez cloak.

I really hope the festival banners and luckies are kind.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
it requires a few SBs for maximum output but getting Edge enwatered, USB'd, Cloud USB RW'd, Chanted, soft cap ATK'd and then proccing dual cast on Raging Water with two Mirror Image stacks is about enough to kill any boss on its own as long as they're not resistant to water.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

KataraniSword posted:

(things implode in three hits because everyone has Saintly Excaliburs and +++ Platinum Swords and Iga Blades)

I wish..............

Fister Roboto posted:

We'll probably know for sure on Wednesday after maintenance.

And the Tactics banners will still be open then, so I would highly recommend waiting until we have confirmation before making any more pulls.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wish..............

i have four of the loving things

let me tell you, the dupes are a lot less exciting than the first one

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i wish i could have gotten a saintly excalibur...

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i wish i could have gotten a saintly excalibur...

Me too. Instead I've gotten SIX copies of Platinum Sword. Two 5*+++ swords, baby...

And for people that just got Edge USB, a buff just came out in JP that makes him even more OP. For the two ninja water abilities (and the corresponding dark ones we're about to get):
Raging Waters, Shadow Embodied

Number of hits: 2/3/4 -> 3/5/7 (with Physical Blink 0/1/2)
Multiplier per hit: 1.00 -> 0.70
Total multiplier: 2.00/3.00/4.00 -> 2.10/3.50/4.90 (with Physical Blink 0/1/2)

A 4.9 potency, SEVEN hit attack that can be boosted by en-element and doublecast is pretty crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Also, the realm dungeon rehaul hit JP.

Pros: Early Classic Dungeons are filled to the brim with characters/MC1s, Elite Dungeons have MC2s for a huge slew of folks now. Orb prizes have been bumped up significantly in quality and quantity. Stamina shards overfill stamina when you get 5.

Neutral: Stages seem to largely be the standard event Trash-Trash-Boss setup. No more shenanigans like FF4's endless slogs, but also no freebies like being able to ignore boss mastery conditions because you blew through 10 trash stages. Much less Stamina intensive, but also far less unique, more homogenized. EDIT: Unique boss setups (such as Humbaba, or the Fiend Gauntlet in Bab-il 1) appear to be relatively unmodified, it's just trash stages that were removed.

Cons: RWs have been replaced with presets. Levels scale generally awkwardly, and the presets are purely for utility as opposed to damage. No more cheesing bosses with OSBs or using healer USBs to tank through stuff you couldn't normally. Wall doesn't even show up until Elites, from what I've seen. As an example, my choices in Difficulty ~60 classics is either Lunatic High, Boon, or Cleansing Strike... cast off a Lv35 character. :psyduck:

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 18, 2017

• Locked thread