Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Donkwich posted:

im glad there are subtitles so i can sing along with this bile in my VETERAN t shirt

the only people allowed to wear a veteran shirt are retired us postal workers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Obama was the greatest president of the last quarter century.

that's loving awful

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zegermans posted:

Obama was the greatest president of the last quarter century.

that's loving awful

i mean i guess that depends on what you mean by "greatest" because W was a lot more effective as a president in terms of accomplishing his goals than Obama was

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/gsmith3286/status/909840542246215686

quote:

@gsmith3286
Innovator, Process Designer of Science/ Technology..Business Owner

lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

i mean i guess that depends on what you mean by "greatest" because W was a lot more effective as a president in terms of accomplishing his goals than Obama was

was he though? His tax cuts expired and immigration reform/SS privatization failed. All he got done was medicare part D

I guess his whole day 1 "lets get saddam" thing went off pretty good though

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Every one of those accounts either lives in DC Metro area or are small business owners.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

was he though? His tax cuts expired and immigration reform/SS privatization failed. All he got done was medicare part D

started two wars and crippled the federal government probably forever

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al! posted:

tbh I think the racist backlash against Obama did more to cripple governance with the rise of the tea party/suicide caucus, but I didn't pay attention to day to day politics under Bush, either.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
9/11 was p successful

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Donkwich posted:

9/11 was hella successful

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

zegermans posted:

it took a lot of planning to take out 3 and a quarter buildings and blame it on foreign foes so yeah he was quite effective

obama didn't actually have any goals though so it's more of a divide by zero in comparison

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
[counterstrike announcer voice] terrorists win

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011
As far as cost/benefit 9/11 might arguably be the most effective military operation in human history.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/ScottMcGrew/status/909838507467665408

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

Even with the most generous read of his Presidency just responding to external events rather than doing poo poo he'd planned to do from the start, you absolutely have to put Iraq on the list of goals he achieved, because he was fantasizing about invading Iraq like 5 minutes after Desert Storm ended.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

its almost like they want to be treated like people instead of means-tested for residency visas

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

maybe they're mad about arbitrary lines in the sand separating "good well meaning american" from "subhuman foreigner who needs banishment"

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

what they need is means tested tax credits for businesses that consolidate federal data centers

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its almost like they want to be treated like people instead of means-tested for residency visas

look she's trying her best for the tax credits give her a break!!!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

consolidate federal data centers is quite possibly the worst platform in history

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The Bush Administration still gives me chills. A bunch of rich religious fanatics, with a black and white view of the world, manipulating the public with patriotism and "heart". Half competent smooth talkers backed up by corporate media.

In contrast, the Trump Administration feels like a bunch of neo-nazi highschool dropouts trying to run things. They may have more sinister intensions, but they are too incompetent to pass anything. How the gently caress do you own every branch of government and can't repeal or even alter Obamacare?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The people who are effected by DACA gave all their information to the government willingly, and now it betrayed them. If you expect anything but righteous hatred from them, you're insane.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it is me

https://twitter.com/hamitron/status/909831236880801795

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tax credits are people too, and they deserve a vote

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Grondoth posted:

The people who are effected by DACA gave all their information to the government willingly, and now it betrayed them. If you expect anything but righteous hatred from them, you're insane.

and here's what the architect of this program that betrayed them has to say:

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/909871642423197696

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

coding's not that fun tbh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Not saying this is going to happen, but if any president could do a full amnesty it would be Trump. All you need is enough people in the White House to convince him that it's what Reagan would have done, and it will MAGA.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Barks posted:

be a desk jockey for a faceless grey corp with random incoherent data that seemingly makes no sense, but is actually part of a government subsidy for a drone program, its how you'll earn a living - Obama

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
there are some real smoothbrain comments in that one

"why are the DACA kids protesting nancy, don't they realize she is trying to help them??"

"well the dem leadership just struck a deal with trump for a clean debt ceiling hike that included nothing about protecting DACA kids and the six-month timetable still exists for them"

*screws face up, trying to mash square fact into round peg brainhole*

"but....DACA is good...Dems....also....good....but....Dems....bad???"

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Karl Barks posted:

telling coders what to do is where it's at :getin:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Not saying this is going to happen, but if any president could do a full amnesty it would be Trump. All you need is enough people in the White House to convince him that it's what Reagan would have done literally did, and it will MAGA.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

zegermans posted:

consolidate federal data centers is quite possibly the worst platform in history

actually, you'll find that belonged to one Hillary Rodham Clinton, who went on to lose to Donald John Trump

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

um excuse me if you checked hillary clinton dot com you would have found the most progressive platform of any candidate

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ex post facho posted:

actually, you'll find that belonged to one Hillary Rodham Clinton, who went on to lose to Donald John Trump

but bernie wrote her platform and after which the goalposts moved to "they don't really mean it tho"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

zegermans posted:

but bernie wrote her platform and after which the goalposts moved to "they don't really mean it tho"

That was just the goalposts public position

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zegermans posted:

Hillary's book p much shows that you would be stupid to have believed she'd carry it out

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

zegermans posted:

do u think they mean it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

In contrast, the Trump Administration feels like a bunch of neo-nazi highschool dropouts trying to run things. They may have more sinister intensions, but they are too incompetent to pass anything. How the gently caress do you own every branch of government and can't repeal or even alter Obamacare?

The Trump cabinet is where the real lasting damage is being done. I'm genuinely not sure how we come back from, say, not really having a State Department any more.

The other big thing about the Trump administration that kind of frightens me is that Vice President Not-Appearing-In-This-Administration Pence is being made to look so good by comparison that he's going to be a seriously viable candidate in 2024 (or arguably 2020) and that is not something that should ever have been allowed to happen.

That said, the incompetence on display is truly amazing and, while it's a problem too*, it also feels like we dodged a bullet.

You know. So far. Best we keep dancing because the bullets aren't stopping.

___
*Having a completely malfunctioning federal government is probably truer to the intentions of the Founders but it's not my preference.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I still don't know the point or meaning of consolidating data centers.

it was a major part of Obama's plans to cut spending by trimming the bloated, inefficient government bureaucracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rastor posted:

um excuse me if you checked hillary clinton dot com you would have found the most progressive platform of any candidate

gonna need the verrit cdoe for this

• Locked thread