Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which team will take the division in 2017
This poll is closed.
Pittsburgh Steelers 38 27.54%
Baltimore Ravens 20 14.49%
Cincinnati Bengals 13 9.42%
Yeah just kidding, it'll be one of the other 3 67 48.55%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's the way of the AFCN, friend. Any divisional game is somehow 50/50 regardless

man I'll be glad when your loving rapist of a quarterback finally retires or gets murdered on the field so that I can grudgingly respect your team.

meanwhile i desperately try not to enjoy watching suggs play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

As they celebrate 50 years with their tagline "we're not just the 2017 Bengals we're every Bengals team" these first couple games have felt like a comforting nostalgia blanket. Yes, this is what being a Bengal's fan is supposed to feel like.

Yeah the Ravens playing D and running the ball 70 times a game with a qb who can't throw is kid of giving me the warm and fuzzies too

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

As they celebrate 50 years with their tagline "we're not just the 2017 Bengals we're every Bengals team" these first couple games have felt like a comforting nostalgia blanket. Yes, this is what being a Bengal's fan is supposed to feel like.

If they want to target the nostalgia center of my brain, they'd sign Kaepernick and recreate Shake-and-Blake with moonballs from Kaep to Green.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Somewhere in those 50 years was a playoff win!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Master Stur posted:

most recent was in January 1991 over the oilers baby

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

a patagonian cavy posted:

most recent was in January 1991 over the oilers baby

At least it was within my lifetime :sigh:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Master Stur posted:

Literally half their existence ago.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Remember when the man in my avatar got a verbal playoff win

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

man I'll be glad when your loving rapist of a quarterback finally retires or gets murdered on the field so that I can grudgingly respect your team.

meanwhile i desperately try not to enjoy watching suggs play

just enjoy the things they do on the football field without being a huge bitch about it idk

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Rape is good, pour bleach on Marilyn manson looking bitches, go ravens

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Also imagine still being mad at the steelers after 2014 lol

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Oberst posted:

Also imagine still being mad at the steelers after 2014 lol

I'm not mad at the Steelers. I just think they should erased as a franchise and their fanbase culled from the world

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A very reasonable proposal.

The beloved Baltimore Ravens are still undefeated against their awful, no good, quite bad, AFC North contemporaries. That turnover ratio is super unsustainable but I'm all in on this super lucky defense.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Marshal Yanda out for the season

well he was the one thing holding the offense together, rip

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Enjoy your early season sandcastle, Ravens bros. You know it's going to crumble

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

Marshal Yanda out for the season

well he was the one thing holding the offense together, rip

doesn't he do the line calls lol

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Enjoy your early season sandcastle, Ravens bros. You know it's going to crumble

with yanda gone it already did

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

nah Ravens will be fine

also it's been super fun watching the defense average a pick per quarter

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sour Diesel posted:

with yanda gone it already did

Defense might be enough to get past the Jags. Stuff's gonna get really rough in October if they can't (Steelers and Raiders back to back)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Steelers at home is doable. Raiders going to be a blood bath.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So Kizer’s “migraine” is really code for concussion, right?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That was my understanding.

So these are the guys Baltimore lost for the year thus far off the top of my head:

Marshal Yanda G
John Urscle G/C
Alex Lewis G

Nico Sarigusa G
Bam Bradley LB
Tavon Young CB
Maurice Canady CB
Danny Woodhead RB
Kenneth Dickson RB

Tim White WR
Crocket Gillmore TE
Dennis Pitta TE
Darren Waller TE

Everyone bolded would have been a starter or been guaranteed significant playing time. 13 seems like a whole lot of players to be down by week 3 and I still can' t help but feel I'm missing some one up there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Funny how the coach who always gets disciplined for running extra padded practices and basically disregarding union rules always has half his team on IR by week 5.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So Kizer’s “migraine” is really code for concussion, right?

Not necessarily. When I get a migraine I get fuzzy blind spots taking up approx. 40% of my vision for about 30 minutes, before the headache starts. Maybe he has something like that? Would be tough to QB if you can't see your receivers.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 18, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Not necessarily. When I get a migraine I get fuzzy blind spots taking up approx. 40% of my vision for about 30 minutes, before the headache starts. Maybe he has something like that? Would be tough to QB if you can't see your receivers.

From what hue said in the post game, Kizer has a history of this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I get the fuzzy vlinking blind spot thing once in a blue moon and didn't know what the hell it was for years because the main thing is associated with, the headache, I do not get. Even without any pain, and even while the blind spot is still small, it is extremely distracting. The best thing you can do is lie down in a dark room for a while IME.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If you get fuzzy blind spots or blurry vision and such do check with an eye doc. If there's no headache with it then there's a chance it could be a torn retina and fluid has gotten in. May lead to blindlness if not careful.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

I get the fuzzy vlinking blind spot thing once in a blue moon and didn't know what the hell it was for years because the main thing is associated with, the headache, I do not get. Even without any pain, and even while the blind spot is still small, it is extremely distracting. The best thing you can do is lie down in a dark room for a while IME.

I don't really get the headache part much any more. Just the fuzzy vision, sensitivity to light, and just feeling generally lethargic. The latter two which stays around for a while, while the fuzzy part stops after about 30 minutes as I said.
What you describe is probably either migraine or ocular migraine.

Gatts posted:

If you get fuzzy blind spots or blurry vision and such do check with an eye doc. If there's no headache with it then there's a chance it could be a torn retina and fluid has gotten in. May lead to blindlness if not careful.

While this is good advice. What I'm talking about is very different and hard to describe. For me it looks kind of like a kaleidoscope with the effect constantly moving.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Sep 18, 2017

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gonna finally see the Ravens live in London after supporting them for a couple of years. Wondering if I should wear my Pitta jersey though...

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Terrance West has a "soft tissue injury" because sure why not.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

pic of joe with the ravens OL post-yanda injury

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
One of those dudes will probably be playing WR for NE by the end of the season.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

I'm the thuggish gang signs

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

pic of joe with the ravens OL post-yanda injury

Somehow still better then Seattle.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

While this is good advice. What I'm talking about is very different and hard to describe. For me it looks kind of like a kaleidoscope with the effect constantly moving.

I either get something that looks like a flashing crosshatch in the corner of my eye or something that looks like few swirling blue LEDs. It startles me more than bothers me.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
bump

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
We all lost today.

Edit:

Through 3 weeks the AFC North as a division has won 4 times, and 3 of those wins were from within the division, the Vikings are the only team in the NFL to lose to us.

Are we the worst division?

Flikken fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 25, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I love the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers, and i like the Bengals.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm actually a Chiefs fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I threw a Jim Harbaugh-esque tantrum in my livingroom over football today

• Locked thread