Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Is anyone else not able to claim their clan engrams for the week? In BDSM, have my personal contribution maxed out, but hawthorne has nothing available for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
did you transfer this week?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Prestige raid thoughts:

We know from some leaked screens that the Prestige armours are likenesses of Calus' three Shadows who he sent to kill Ghaul, but failed - one for each character class. If they're adding additional boss content, would it make sense for the Shadows make an appearance?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

xzzy posted:

This raid was just so he could get some data on our ability to fight.

The actual fight against him will be doors with no control panels for your ghost to hack and shield generators that are actually inside the shields.

The raid against the real Calus will be a thirty-minute QTE. The player will assume the role of the Ghost, and have to repeatedly resurrect​ the Guardian as they die of alcohol poisoning.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

xzzy posted:

Titan shoulders in D2 are amateur hour bullshit. Whoever did those must have started their career as an artist for WoW.

Or maybe it's more activision interference. Some CEO stomped in and was all "BIGGER SHOULDERS! It's a sign of dominance!!!!"

I feel like then assigned all their best artists to work on environment and had no one left for the gear design. Warlocks dresses also suck big time.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pigbottom posted:

I feel like then assigned all their best artists to work on environment and had no one left for the gear design. Warlocks dresses also suck big time.
Granted there's some nice detail in the environment, but here's a fun drinking game. Take a shot every time you spot something that's a obvious re-texture from the original Halo games.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Are planet coins account based or character based?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Huxley posted:

Account. AFAIK, the only thing that drops that are character based are engrams.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Huxley posted:

Account. Your inventory tab is shared.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Ended up in a 5v3 the game corrected the issue pretty quick, also the only PVP match I have had with major lag issues.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I like going places, these are the closest rocks circling the core of Nessus (or whatever it is):

Me looking back at the regular play field:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ularg posted:

I like going places, these are the closest rocks circling the core of Nessus (or whatever it is):

Where in Nessus is that?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Darth Windu posted:

Where in Nessus is that?

Well of dust/Virgo Conduit I think. One of the underground areas you go through on your first story mission on Nessus.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

Where in Nessus is that?

It's the jumping puzzle area, you first see it when trying to rescue Cayde. Then duing the Nessus gun quest you follow a harpy around on floating rocks.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Have you been anywhere else cool

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Pigbottom posted:

Only three cloaks are worth anything: Binary Phoenix Cloak from crucible, A Cloak Called Home that's a single solid color, and the starter scarf.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Ularg posted:

You should go underneath the central area once you hop down the rocks underground.

I found a green square like the white resources squares, and when I tried to collect it, it talked about an endless forest. It was basically at the bottom of the map. I couldn't get back up from there.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

hiddenriverninja posted:

Only three cloaks are worth anything: Binary Phoenix Cloak from crucible, A Cloak Called Home that's a single solid color, and the starter scarf.

I want them to do either hoodless cloaks like that one Fallen boss cloak you got from that one strike in D1 or cloakless hoods like your starter hoods in both Destinies

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
So is there no reason to do strikes after 265? Is there a plan to implement heroic strikes outside of the nightfall?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

JBP posted:

So is there no reason to do strikes after 265? Is there a plan to implement heroic strikes outside of the nightfall?

Do you find them fun? If so, do them once in a while. If not, don't do them. Strikes are very inefficient for grinding light, before or after 265.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

sometimes I think this game sucks but then I remember I got the salt bae emote as a random drop early on

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
sometimes i think this game sucks and then it will put me with three solos against a four stack and i continue to think it sucks

bonus points if it's you and three solos against two teams of two

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol are you doing pvp? Found your problem there chief

There's Titanfall 2 for that

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Mikey-San posted:

Do you find them fun? If so, do them once in a while. If not, don't do them. Strikes are very inefficient for grinding light, before or after 265.

Yeah I find them fun, I just wasn't sure if there was a point to them after 265. I guess I'll be picking up engrams thanks to mowing down hordes of mooks.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol just finished a quickplay match that went 100 - 23 with their entire team (a clan fireteam, natch) having over 5.0 k/d.

Are there no mercy rules or anything?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
There are but you really really have to work to trigger them. PSA quickplay doesn't try as hard (at all?) to match skill levels so if getting stomped is not your jam jump over to the other one.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I was on a Trials LFG team, we were 4-0 and got a team with three flawless emblems, one guy had done it four teams already lol.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

did y'all start selling your services to carry people

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Binary Phoenix is pretty cool, but I'd like it more if it were wider at the bottom / not a straight line.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Is it true that the 'additional drops' section from rep turn in engrams cycles hourly, or does the set that it shows you just update? I really want the armour Ikora has but gently caress meditations. If I could get it for planet turn ins that would be so much better.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't think it changes and I'm pretty sure ikora is the Only way to get that set

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Is it true that the 'additional drops' section from rep turn in engrams cycles hourly, or does the set that it shows you just update? I really want the armour Ikora has but gently caress meditations. If I could get it for planet turn ins that would be so much better.

You can get Ikora tokens doing her daily challenges. It's not as fast as doing the meditations, but it's something.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

JBP posted:

Yeah I find them fun, I just wasn't sure if there was a point to them after 265. I guess I'll be picking up engrams thanks to mowing down hordes of mooks.

In Destiny 1 each strike had specific gear that could only drop in them, usually had a unique look to it. I'm not sure if there's anything like that in D2 but if not then no, it doesn't seem like they're worth running at all beyond wanting to do something a bit different every so often.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

CellBlock posted:

You can get Ikora tokens doing her daily challenges. It's not as fast as doing the meditations, but it's something.

Are these the things that show up on the right when you pull your ghost out? I have done a few days worth and ain't had poo poo to hand in for ikora

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol at people who think there will be new encounters for the prestige raid

2 cycle baths

1 cycle dogs

Extra poo poo in the gauntlet ring

Slap the psions in between each wave

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Y ah it's just gonna be the same poo poo but just tweaked to be harder, as it usually is

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I think I'm the clan leader somehow of a dead clan on Xbone. 99 people I'm the only one ever on. [Big, Dumb Space Men]?

Does an active clan have an openings? 284 Warlock.

Live ID: FUNSL1DE

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
you joined a clan full of pretty much exclusively PS4 players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

lol if you don't think the challenges will be
-some dumb poo poo about rotating the buff on baths
-can't hold crystal more than once on dogs
-can't run more than once on gauntlet
-have 4 or 5 in to get sucked off