Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Zachack posted:

Yeah but can it be done with lvl85, say g8 with some mods? She's the one I'm missing and I'd like to finish up Ezra and then move over to CHS.

Ezra is important. Hera is required. Focus Hera as soon as possible.

I hate that they both need Cantina Energy. But because Ezra takes longer because of it. You need Hera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons: for Phase 5 of TB, please do your battles if you haven't done them yet. I'd like to hold deploys until tomorrow morning American time, however, it you can't wait, please do the following: if both territories are at 1*, deploy bottom, unless we're within 5 million of the second star, then deploy to the middle. If one of the territories is at 2*, deploy to the other one.
If you can wait, please check in-game chat for directions.

Strategy tips:
1. Remember that you have a special attack (circular button on the left side). Even with the crappiest team imaginable, you should be able to finish the first wave of a combat by using that attack immediately.
2. When Phase 6 starts tomorrow, please wait to attack until the platoons/squadrons have done as much as possible (ask in chat). both platoons affect combat in the territory that they're in, and if you wait you will find things easier.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 16, 2017

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
And don't waste your G12 characters in a platoon that we're never going to complete. I'm looking at you, stupid Ewoks.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Whoever suggests things to the devs ask them to display an indication like a red border or something around any unit in any platoon that no-one in the guild has.

Edit -actually forget the units just mark the platoons themselves. Gray out the buttons so you can't even deploy to a platoon if it contains a character nobody has.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Sep 16, 2017

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Cactus posted:

Whoever suggests things to the devs ask them to display an indication like a red border or something around any unit in any platoon that no-one in the guild has.

Edit -actually forget the units just mark the platoons themselves. Gray out the buttons so you can't even deploy to a platoon if it contains a character nobody has.

Replace the deploy button with a BUY NOW button that takes you straight to a pack that offers the chance of 5-330 (5) shards for a random needed character for only $250.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Or that yeah

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Logray is a Sith lie told to make good people send good numbers into a void. loving Logray. No one likes you, Logray.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Finsally finished 7 starring Phoenix squad. So sick of spending cantina energy on those assholes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Canemacar posted:

Finsally finished 7 starring Phoenix squad. So sick of spending cantina energy on those assholes.

Halfway through 7*ing Hera here, the rest are finished. I know they are needed for TB but overall they've been kind of a disappointment. They don't have the damage to face meta teams in GW and while they do have decent survivalability and sustain, they can be ground down.

Oh well, already poured the carbantis/stun cuffs into them so whatever.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Mr. Neutron posted:

Halfway through 7*ing Hera here, the rest are finished. I know they are needed for TB but overall they've been kind of a disappointment. They don't have the damage to face meta teams in GW and while they do have decent survivalability and sustain, they can be ground down.

Oh well, already poured the carbantis/stun cuffs into them so whatever.

TB gives them the key thing they're missing, which is a way to convert "living forever" into "dead enemies"

Just stall until the airstrike cooldown, rinse and repeat.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm going to have a new zeta here in the next couple of days. Which zeta would help the most in getting us to the point we can do the HAAT?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Canemacar posted:

I'm going to have a new zeta here in the next couple of days. Which zeta would help the most in getting us to the point we can do the HAAT?

What do you have now and what HAAT teams are yountunning?

(Just kidding, the answer is Finn.)

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Canemacar posted:

"Those assholes" made me literally lol. I'm sick dropping cantina energy on the next "must farm" character. Hera is at 50/100 to get 7* and then I have to finish up Ezra; he's only at 5*. Then it's farming loving cold Han, so we can have yet another iteration of Han Solo. Then, maybe, if CG doesn't introduce another "must farm" character, I can start working on a solid Resistance team.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MoraleHazard posted:

"Those assholes" made me literally lol. I'm sick dropping cantina energy on the next "must farm" character. Hera is at 50/100 to get 7* and then I have to finish up Ezra; he's only at 5*. Then it's farming loving cold Han, so we can have yet another iteration of Han Solo. Then, maybe, if CG doesn't introduce another "must farm" character, I can start working on a solid Resistance team.

Same. I'm on Old Ben, then Farmboy luke, then I can work on finn finally

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MoraleHazard posted:

They will absolutely be introducing another "must farm" character before then. Catch is, it will probably require a Resistance team.

I'm only half joking. I'm betting on some new characters being released for either Resistance or FO to time with the release of The Last Jedi.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just Zeta'd finn and after getting CLS to G11, resistance are my new priority. Right now I have them at G8-9 and ability 7 on most, so I need to drop tonnes of omegas on them to round them out but I'm so gonna...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Cactus posted:

I just Zeta'd finn and after getting CLS to G11, resistance are my new priority. Right now I have them at G8-9 and ability 7 on most, so I need to drop tonnes of omegas on them to round them out but I'm so gonna...

I just zetaed him as well and, for GW, I can't recommend them enough. You don't even need to omega everything, omega only the abilities that expose. You can comfortable leave them at g8, just make sure to give them tons of potency and speed.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

They will absolutely be introducing another "must farm" character before then. Catch is, it will probably require a Resistance team.

I'm only half joking. I'm betting on some new characters being released for either Resistance or FO to time with the release of The Last Jedi.

That makes me torn between farming Cold Han to help the guild or being selfish and farming Finn. I guess I could rationalize it that Finn would complete my resistance team and then I could be more useful in HAAT. Plus, if the goon hive mind is right, a zFinn team would make GW great again.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

MoraleHazard posted:

That makes me torn between farming Cold Han to help the guild or being selfish and farming Finn. I guess I could rationalize it that Finn would complete my resistance team and then I could be more useful in HAAT. Plus, if the goon hive mind is right, a zFinn team would make GW great again.

Do finn then cold han

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Mr. Neutron posted:

I just zetaed him as well and, for GW, I can't recommend them enough. You don't even need to omega everything, omega only the abilities that expose. You can comfortable leave them at g8, just make sure to give them tons of potency and speed.

Yeah you don't need all the omegas. All the expose chance ones are good; you also eventually want Finn's group cleanse omega, and Poe's unique omega lets him give Finn taunt when his runs out (you should already have his taunt omega before getting this one). Also, Trooper's special omega is useful because you otherwise lack a means to remove taunt. Rey's omegas are almost all extra damage so keep those for last.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Do finn then cold han

Thank you Dear Leader! :tipshat:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I'm betting we get some more Rebels Imperials first.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, true, to coincide with the final season starting.

Well if so, that will probably be another use for Phoenix Squad.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
:siren::siren::siren: FYI, STAY OUT OF ARENA AND GALACTIC WAR. :siren::siren::siren:

Something is bugged and you'll fight 400 speed lukes with 10,000 offense.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

:siren::siren::siren: FYI, STAY OUT OF ARENA AND GALACTIC WAR. :siren::siren::siren:

Like, at once? That'd be something to see.

Commander Luke Skywalkers as FAR as the EYE CAN SEE!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Like, at once? That'd be something to see.

Commander Luke Skywalkers as FAR as the EYE CAN SEE!

It's called Galactic War.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

..So just another day in SWGOH then?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

..So just another day in SWGOH then?

it's a good joke, but no, he means the Lukes you'll face in GW/Arena have their speed stat at 400 with 10k offense. He 1 shots tanks atm.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

GW has been broken for months now. And by broken I don't necessarily mean the code isn't working (although it seems that is the case right now lol), it's the design that is off.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Cactus posted:

GW has been broken for months now. And by broken I don't necessarily mean the code isn't working (although it seems that is the case right now lol), it's the design that is off.

Months? More like since inception.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

500 free crystals just now for technical difficulties. I'm guessing the GW bug mentioned earlier.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sure, I'll take it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

It would be great to have Kallus have both the rebel and imperial tag.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Would have been great if Old Han had a specific weakness to Kylo.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

UmOk posted:

Would have been great if Old Han had a specific weakness to Kylo.

And Kylo's dick has a weakness to Chewie's bowcaster

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
GW is still broken for me. GL7 enemies with 20+ health pips dealing 10k damage per attack.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
You need to beat the node or restart GW itself.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah i ended up restarting. Lost out on a day of GW rewards. Not the end of the world but annoying still.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah i ended up restarting. Lost out on a day of GW rewards. Not the end of the world but annoying still.

Right, 500 crystals are a lot more than you get out of GW but we're at a time where people need character shards as much as anything and the 15 shards I can get (eventually) from a day of GW farming is pretty sweet.

Also, I feel really bad for people who ended up with a hell of a node 1 to beat for tonight's guild challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

It's all just hilarious, really. Not quite up there with the star citizen debacle or some of the antics that earned Braben's company its :frontear: emote but it's the same type of funny... what is it about space games lol.