Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anakha
Sep 16, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

4. Casually murder someone with a screwdriver after giving him the toaster in the bathtub treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015
Character sheet for Jeremiah Rose:

Piloting : 2
Gunnery: 1
Melee/Screwdriver: 2
Melee/Kiai Shouts: 1
Leadership: :allears:

So, yeah, Rose D'Antonio is already leagues above that jackass.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

4. Casually murder someone with a screwdriver.

The tool or the beverage?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

goatface posted:

The tool or the beverage?

First, one, then, the other.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Psion posted:

daft punk 3052 looking good

Hogarth's neon ghost!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

A good poster posted:

Charger:

It's obviously way too hot around this stadium to jump out now, and if the 'Mech at 0728 is patrolling clockwise, I'll have to move to not get spotted by its radar (and Sarna tells me that shutting down my engine won't hide me from an active probe). Will I be stepping on the Quickdraw's toes if I move to 1435 instead of 1434?

Moving to the hex adjacent to the Quickdraw is probably the simplest solution. That hex is outside the bubble for all Active Probes on the map.

My current plan is unchanged, because even if the scouts are going the 'wrong' direction I'll end up in 1048 facing 1047 this turn, and that's basically where I'd be going if the pink route didn't exist and we were all gonna go gangmurder the orange route over there.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Would the mech at 1437 have line of site to 1547 if someone move there this player movement?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's close, and since we got specifically told not to worry about how many turns this takes I'm inclined to advise caution.

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Strobe posted:

It's close, and since we got specifically told not to worry about how many turns this takes I'm inclined to advise caution.

Ah, see I would read PTN's "don't worry about it" to specifically being about skidding/falling from turning on pavement, due to the parts of your posts he was quoting. I'm probably wrong though.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Strobe posted:

MechWarrior Solid :black101:

Heavy Gear Solid

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like someone got Brigador in our Battletech for this mission.

Now all we need is a tuk-tuk and some explosives, and we'd be real partisans!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

Would the mech at 1437 have line of site to 1547 if someone move there this player movement?

No.

Cascade Jones posted:

Ah, see I would read PTN's "don't worry about it" to specifically being about skidding/falling from turning on pavement, due to the parts of your posts he was quoting. I'm probably wrong though.

Yes, it was a "please don't worry about skidding," run as much as you want. Luthien wasn't paved in banana peels.

Also, in the interest of fairness: 7 of the scouts are light 'Mechs. 2 are mediums. 1 is a heavy.

Let the gambling begin.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Been a bit sick, but Centurion pilot here.

Thinking our lance could set up somewhere to ambush the hell out of the yellow fast mover in three turns on hex 0647. Seems like a blind corner to annihilate one patroller and it gets rid of a CAP'er too. Only wrinkle is that if the pink fast mover patrols clockwise or counter clockwise. he could end up coming down the 0650-0637 road and spotting us. But even still we ought to have enough firepower to deal with a 4v2. Let's pick away some of the easy targets to make life easier if we get into a real firefight.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
:siren: Also just FYI, I've dropped one of the Centurion's Heat Sinks and slapped a PPC Capacitor onto one of the snubbies, go nuts! :siren:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 19, 2017

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
We can still set up an ambush with two turns warning. If we avoid committing until we know which direction the other scout is taking we can avoid accidentally blundering into a two-enemy fight.

Given what we know of most Clan units, that means that there's one Wolf Spider at most on the field. I'd put cash money on it being the one doing the back and forth patrol along the main thoroughfare bisecting the map. That's three other slower movers, of which multiples could be Lights. The top right patrol path's interval is slow enough that it's probably a 4/6 mover. Could (potentially) be a Mandrill, or a (more likely) Hunchback IIC.

Even with that breakdown of weights, there's a lot of possible guns that should definitely be handled one at a time under ideal circumstances.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Bandersnatch

Since we don't need to worry about skid rolls, I'm thinking moving to 1246 and facing 1147 is the best move. That gives me a chance to react to whichever route the patrols take (to either take cover or move up and supply fire). Also, since I'm not seeing it called out in the quickstart rules, how does heat accumulate during movement? 1 for walk, 2 for run, or some other formulation? Obviously not super critical THIS turn, but could have implications later

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

:siren: Also just FYI, I've dropped one of the Centurion's Heat Sinks and slapped a PPC Capacitor onto one of the snubbies, go nuts! :siren:

Well now you're just playing favorites. :)

Anyone want to take bets on a 'charged snubby PPC' head-cap?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That Cent was badly over-sinked because I'd originally planned for it to be carrying something like 6 RL20s.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

mercenarynuker posted:

Bandersnatch

Since we don't need to worry about skid rolls, I'm thinking moving to 1246 and facing 1147 is the best move. That gives me a chance to react to whichever route the patrols take (to either take cover or move up and supply fire). Also, since I'm not seeing it called out in the quickstart rules, how does heat accumulate during movement? 1 for walk, 2 for run, or some other formulation? Obviously not super critical THIS turn, but could have implications later

Correct. One for walk, two for run, minimum of three for jumping up to a number of points equal to hexes jumped (mostly, no exceptions here), one point each time you try to stand up.

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Looks like I've been given a couple of lights, one of which has TAG and a Probe of our own. Is there anywhere in particular you other warriors would like for me to start poking my nose towards?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

That Cent was badly over-sinked because I'd originally planned for it to be carrying something like 6 RL20s.

No worries, I'm just jealous. :)

It'll make for a great BattleROM, Clanner light walks into the kill zone, Cent steps out, unloads the charged snubby PPC into its back, ideally getting a head-cap. Propaganda for Days!! :)

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Centurion

Right, well it's a good point there is a turn or two to wait until an ambush can be sprung and we don't know which way the scouts are patrolling. Given that and the bandersnatch taking the road at 1246 I think I will move to 0946 and face southwest (facing 0846). I'll be ready to pounce on the ambush spot of 0647 even if the yellow scout goes clockwise and gets there in two instead of three turns. ECM is 6 hex so bander will still be covered as well.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

I never really visualized laser heat sinks until now.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Quickdraw

e: reread the thread, considering my options. anyone have any advice?

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 19, 2017

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Jade Star posted:

Centurion

Right, well it's a good point there is a turn or two to wait until an ambush can be sprung and we don't know which way the scouts are patrolling. Given that and the bandersnatch taking the road at 1246 I think I will move to 0946 and face southwest (facing 0846). I'll be ready to pounce on the ambush spot of 0647 even if the yellow scout goes clockwise and gets there in two instead of three turns. ECM is 6 hex so bander will still be covered as well.

Don't worry too much about putting me in ECM, I'm rocking a suite of it as well

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Roughneck dol sal-inja

Looking at movement options and not extending myself too far, I'm thinking of heading to either 1046 facing towards 1045 or heading towards 0848 facing 0749. Looking at the blip for the scanning 'Mech at 0340, I'd be out of sensor range for either possible movement range, and I'm fairly sure I'd be out of LOS for it. I'm mainly looking at that to avoid leaving something that has a fast move (best guess is that it's a 7/11 move, based on the patrol route blips) behind us and raising the alarm, not to mention the LOS gets tricky if we're trying to sneak up.

If it isn't alerted, I'll be in good position to pop out and unload on it. I'm nervous about trying to thread the needle with the 4/6 mechs in the Lance, and getting caught between multiple mechs could lead to a rapidly-escalating situation.

Admittedly, my natural inclination is to work on eliminating the threats behind us so things aren't as divided, but I'm open to hearing other plans.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Spider

I'm considering moving to either 2845 to prepare to start weaving my way through the buildings along that side of the map (and hopefully avoid getting spotted), or moving to 2042 to set up in a position to support Raverrn. I'd considered heading left to support the Roughnecks' advance, but I'm honestly just not sure where I should be heading here.

If anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Octatonic posted:

Quickdraw

e: reread the thread, considering my options. anyone have any advice?

I think we have to just wait in the stadium until the first ambush to the south. If we jump out now, we'll be seen by way more patrols than we can neutralize in time.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

W.T. Fits posted:

Spider

I'm considering moving to either 2845 to prepare to start weaving my way through the buildings along that side of the map (and hopefully avoid getting spotted), or moving to 2042 to set up in a position to support Raverrn. I'd considered heading left to support the Roughnecks' advance, but I'm honestly just not sure where I should be heading here.

If anyone has any better ideas, I'm all ears.
It isn't necessarily better, but if you moved to 1943 instead, you could set yourself up to jump inside the parking garage at 1139 next turn. That could let you support the 'Mechs inside the Stadium.

vvv They could have a 'Mech Soccer match while they wait.

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 19, 2017

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

A good poster posted:

I think we have to just wait in the stadium until the first ambush to the south. If we jump out now, we'll be seen by way more patrols than we can neutralize in time.

That was my thought too, so I'm glad I'm not missing something. Watanabe and Takenada can chill I guess

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Ardlen posted:

vvv They could have a 'Mech Soccer match while they wait.

we've only got 10 seconds though. that's like enough time for a single shot on goal i guess

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Roughneck dol sal-indja
Moving to 0848, facing 0749, to support Centurion and Bandersnatch.

Looking forward to getting my Gauss on.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Roughneck "Frosty"

Moving to 1048 facing 1047, to set up ambushing the pink scout route.

Hedningen posted:

Roughneck dol sal-indja
Moving to 0848, facing 0749, to support Centurion and Bandersnatch.

Looking forward to getting my Gauss on.

As long as you're not visible from 0737 next turn. We know pretty certain that pink scout is fast, and we will not be able to catch it if we screw up LOS here.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

BANDERSNATCH
Well, folks are being a little more aggressive than I thought, so I'll amend it some and move to 1147 facing 1047. That readies me for a slightly closer push no matter who we're jumping first. Also, is there a googledoc set up, or are we just coordinating in-thread? I'd hate to be loving up everyone's carefully laid plans

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Welp, I just learned today that BattleCorps went offline a while ago.

No wonder I never heard back from them after I submitted The Last Contender.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Welp, I just learned today that BattleCorps went offline a while ago.

No wonder I never heard back from them after I submitted The Last Contender.

Like, offline forever?

Sorry to hear that, quite unprofessional they left you hanging without telling you your submission is no longer being reviewed, considered, etc.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Eh, I wasn't sure they'd go for it since the esteemed George Ledoux already voiced it and that version's publicly available (and was long before I decided to submit it for possible publication). I was just hoping to submit another in the near future.

Oh well, I can do something else with what I'd been planning. It would be a decent enough start to an actual novel, and I've always wanted to get off my rear end and write one of those.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Battletech novel, or a novel in general?

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Question for the thread.

I've got a Warhansa Warhammer that I'm going to paint up. I've got no particular attachment to any particular faction from Battletech. Are there any Warhammers of note in the thread that I could use as inspiration?

The only one I know of off the top of my head is Yorinaga's ride from Luthien Round 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Z the IVth posted:

Question for the thread.

I've got a Warhansa Warhammer that I'm going to paint up. I've got no particular attachment to any particular faction from Battletech. Are there any Warhammers of note in the thread that I could use as inspiration?

The only one I know of off the top of my head is Yorinaga's ride from Luthien Round 1.

The bastard that headcapped me in the Death Commando campaign. :argh:

• Locked thread